• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Good lord the Invasion league is crazy. There have always been areas of the early game in which there's a chance you die (the medicine box quest) but this ups the ante.

I just want Fire and Forget. Why can't PoE give me that? :(

Get a spell totem with summon raging spirit slapped on to it and give it a melee splash as well for not-bone-spirit. Or if you really wanted to just fire and forget: spectral toss, Flicker strike, searing bonds or even anything with spell totem, pretty much.

Anyone watching Kripp's noob sportscasting of PoE?

http://www.twitch.tv/exilic

A race between the top PoE racers going on.

Sick. Will watch now.

----

The new mode Invasion is absolutely batshit crazy. What a spike in difficulty. And the mini-map side areas, the "Corrupted" areas are a very nice touch. I'm really digging this patch... Don't know if I'll stick with it, only level 25ish now, but it's dope. (Burned out a bit on PoE from Nemesis, plus Dark Souls 2 in like 2 days, so...)

Card Boy

Banned
Someone used a Vaals on Tabula Rasa and got this.

screenshot_589.png

ks61JeWp4r.gif

I used a Vaal's on a Sidhe. It added a 1% physical damage as mana mod, which was convenient because I'm currently playing a Ranger

That blank Tabula though, it's a good fake job.
I lol'd

V_Arnold

I used a Vaal's on a Sidhe. It added a 1% physical damage as mana mod, which was convenient because I'm currently playing a Ranger

That blank Tabula though, it's a good fake job.
I lol'd

Nope, it is not fake. There are 0 socket Tabula Rasas in "circulation".

Well Searing bond is not nerfed at 20. Just so that people won't only use it for leveling.

That is fair enough, I guess. But the "damage" is already done at this point, is it not?

I swear i'll give it a try sooner or later :|
but ros is so near, so i missed my chance yet again....
maybe after i tire again of d3 i'll try this...

removing item trade from d3 was a mixed bag...
removal of ah is ok...
but giving up any trade possibilities... feels just wrong....

Boken

Banned

removal of ah is ok...

logically you should just play this now
2 weeks is enough to reach endgame.

theres no point farming gear @ lvl 60 in d3 anyway

come join us!
strongboxes are amazing and good fun. blows a lot of loot drop mechanics in most games out

removal of ah is ok...

Might as well jump in and get your feet wet with some softcore league. In a few days you can get to hard mode and decide if you want to keep going or just skip out for D3.

V_Arnold

What is the confusion? Vaal Orbs do not care what the base item is. Even if it is a legacy unique or a normal Ambush/Invasion Unique, it can get downgraded to rare. That is a universal effect.

The ultimate gamble.

Blitzhex

My second char is level 57 invasion atm. Got the challenge for killing all invaders. They hit hard in merciless but not too bad (the nerf today helped I guess), I've only run away from Rima merci yet.

Rufus

No nerf for the tentacled miscreation boss? She's terrifying.

That is fair enough, I guess. But the "damage" is already done at this point, is it not?
Well, the bigger streamers are all using it, so I imagine many more people jumped on the bandwagon just because of them.

Arksy

So I found a unique ring that lets me apply an extra curse.

Thinking about building a curse bot...but I'm really not sure how to approach it.

Scion crit dagger curse bot with vulnerability + crit curses....

Or Cleave Templar with elemental attacks....

Argh! Could use some help. :p

Krassus

So I found a unique ring that lets me apply an extra curse.

Thinking about building a curse bot...but I'm really not sure how to approach it.

Scion crit dagger curse bot with vulnerability + crit curses....

Or Cleave Templar with elemental attacks....

Argh! Could use some help. :p

You'll want Enfeeble on those end game maps if you melee =)

No nerf for the tentacled miscreation boss? She's terrifying.

Well, the bigger streamers are all using it, so I imagine many more people jumped on the bandwagon just because of them.

Besides her they also should nerf:
Freeze pulse trap lady that does Blizzard
RoA Pirate that creates shocked ground
(Maybe) Devourer (Because he seems to spam his ball lightning a little bit too much, but that might just be what I've only seen)

I think all the other bosses are actually pretty good. I mean sure yeah, the first time you encounter them, you don't know what they do and that's how I ripped to Bladeback (the fire nova). But once you DO know what they do you can play around it pretty easily. Even Oscetti (big skeleton that does a slam) isn't that bad once you know not to ever ever ever get next to him.

But the 3 mentioned above (not devourer) just deal way too much damage for what they're supposed to do. They should also probably nerf the desecrate from some of the mobs (like Alpha Paradise and the white necro). Once you're in Merc, it starts dealing retarded damage and you pretty much have no counter because hey, you just entered Merc :\

Rufus

The Ossicatti change was necessary. Summon skeletons is so prone to desyncing you and with a mob that can hit very hard it's just an assholish combination, because "don't go near him" is suddenly a crapshoot. Maybe you're not near, maybe you are and you don't know.

I think the main problem with some of the other bosses is that people more or less neglect chaos resist for the longest time. It's treated like a bonus resist, unfortunately they balance damage for 0% chaos, not negative chaos...

Could that be why Chaska (tentacle miscreation boss) hits so hard? Does her RoA do chaos damage?

The Ossicatti change was necessary. Summon skeletons is so prone to desyncing you and with a mob that can hit very hard it's just an assholish combination, because "don't go near him" is suddenly a crapshoot. Maybe you're not near, maybe you are and you don't know.

I think the main problem with some of the other bosses is that people more or less neglect chaos resist for the longest time. It's treated like a bonus resist, unfortunately they balance damage for 0% chaos, not negative chaos...

Could that be why Chaska (tentacle miscreation boss) hits so hard? Does her RoA do chaos damage?

She might. I can't remember but do the snakes from A3 (in sarn slums) deal chaos? If they do then yes she probably does deal chaos since it's the same style of attack. or 50/50 phys/chaos.

Either that or they just overtuned her phys damage.

And yeah I agree that Ossicatti change was good. Those skellies really did cause too much desync :(

Morokh

Well PoE ate my last week-end (again) ! .....xD

Haven't played since they introduced Dominus, but maaan is this a messy fight ! wonder how people approach it in Hardcore, i'm getting there again in Cruel and i'm really not looking forward to it ... :p

Ambush is quite fun, but some of those corrupted areas are just bonkers !

Must get my hands on a CoC gem so I can properly continue my build, but since I was especially unlucky with chaos drops, I guess I'll have to do some trading first.

I loved this game for a while but I can't play it anymore. Everytime I feel the urge to play it I go in and I either get disconnected and shot back to the start menu or I lag up around an enemy and once things sync back up I'm instantly dead. This happens before I can finish a single dungeon and I remember why I stopped playing it. I'm near the end of the game and I read that the next difficulty (which I want to play as th e current one feels super easy) wiill steal XP from you when get dysync kills and that doesn't sound fun at all, especially when I can't even complete a single dungeon without this happening. It's crazy because for the first like 10 hours I played this game I didn't get a single error like this. Then they started to happen but rarely and now it's constant. All of this on the same connection in the same house. One day, I hope that can be fixed in these F2P games. I wish the game could realize something was happening and basically pause my instance (I play 100% single player so there's no multiplayer issues to worry about) until it resyncs.

Top Bottom