• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

V_Arnold

They look collectible and don't have anything on them. They might be a new Achievements replacement? They might be tradable ala Steam cards, but based on the preview image, I can't see them doing anything else.

I do not think that you are right, though.... it seems that they are potentially usable in some sort of summonings, aka "get your encounter" type. That is one rumor I have heard, because some monster name was the same in A4 endgame as seen on the card.

Has anyone gotten into the beta yet? Knowing my luck I'll get accepted 3 days before it goes live :( I guess I'll just have to watch some streams or youtube videos to get my fix.

Kammie

They are running some race this weekend. It is 5 days but I would imagine top 10 of each class get a key.
It's gonna be self-found.

I'm honestly not in any way excited for act 4 now. Between seeing things nerfed (knowing it's going to affect me soon) and the ultra-conservative approach they're taking to stats on things now (one item was like a 3% chance to proc!), it's just feeling very dry and lifeless.

Also, two more months of a dead standard economy, with players split between taking a long break, beta, and races... meh.

Granted, I've got 3700 hours logged in, so it's natural I'd just be this jaded at this point.

I'm honestly not in any way excited for act 4 now. Between seeing things nerfed (knowing it's going to affect me soon) and the ultra-conservative approach they're taking to stats on things now (one item was like a 3% chance to proc!), it's just feeling very dry and lifeless.

Also, two more months of a dead standard economy, with players split between taking a long break, beta, and races... meh.

Granted, I've got 3700 hours logged in, so it's natural I'd just be this jaded at this point.

I haven't been following streams or news much as I've been pretty busy with work and moving. What are some big nerfs and changes you've seen? I'm not exactly sure where the direction they're planning on going this point in time.

Granted there's still 2 months for changes to be made.

Morokh

3/4 , just need two more master missions, which seem to be the rarest ones ... xD

Will have roughly 3 hours to play tonight before the league ends !! hoping I get lucky xD

V_Arnold

I feel completely the opposite. And I am also very happy for certain nerfs - granted, I was not amongst those abusing them in the first place, so our perspective may vary :D

What are some big nerfs and changes you've seen? I'm not exactly sure where the direction they're planning on going this point in time.

2.0 is going to be a whole new world for certain OP builds, not sure if the less uber ones are really affected. They're doing stuff to prevent shotgunning, something to proliferation, rebalancing crit, something to EB, etc. realistically, nothing's untouched. One of the news items on PoE's site generalizes them. It's been a few days, but I haven't heard anything from those in the beta (haven't actively looked, I mean, heard anything really bad that would reach my ears even if I wasn't looking), so that's good

2.0 is going to be a whole new world for certain OP builds, not sure if the less uber ones are really affected. They're doing stuff to prevent shotgunning, something to proliferation, rebalancing crit, something to EB, etc. realistically, nothing's untouched. One of the news items on PoE's site generalizes them. It's been a few days, but I haven't heard anything from those in the beta (haven't actively looked, I mean, heard anything really bad that would reach my ears even if I wasn't looking), so that's good

Yeah the crit nerf a little while back didn't do much and I am sure crit will be king as always. Interested in what they are going to do to prolif without making it absolutely worthless by over nerfing it. They just need to buff melee a little to make it more in line with casters and whatnot and everyone will be happy IMO.

Zynx

Current beta Ele Prolif now has less damage.
aRKNK1a.png

My only hope for 2.0 is that jewels aren't too rare. I was able to make a relatively inexpensive low life build by going full chaos resist, but if game-changing jewels are very rare, they'll be obviously expensive and unattainable for most players.

aRKNK1a.png

My only hope for 2.0 is that jewels aren't too rare. I was able to make a relatively inexpensive low life build by going full chaos resist, but if game-changing jewels are very rare, they'll be obviously expensive and unattainable for most players.

I hope not another thing to budget into builds and make prices increase too much. But knowing this game good jewels are going to be hard to come by. I hope they limit the number of suffixes it can roll as we already have enough worthless ones that roll on other gear as it is.

KKRT00

I hope not another thing to budget into builds and make prices increase too much. But knowing this game good jewels are going to be hard to come by. I hope they limit the number of suffixes it can roll as we already have enough worthless ones that roll on other gear as it is.

On Kripp stream Chris said that jewels can roll like 150 affixes ;p

Kammie

aRKNK1a.png
Don't mind the Less modifier but the radius staying at 12 is terrible. If anyone has a prolif build take a current lvl 1 gem and try it out. It ruins the proliferation.

Hopefully it gets restored, even 20 radius would help.

Krassus

GGG does a great job every major patch resetting whats good in the meta (aka nerfs & buffs) and this is nothing different. Now there is gems that weren't there before and one for example already is giving +30% burning damage (negating dmg but not range of prolif nerf) and that's one gem of many you can equip.

Its still wayyyy too early to know what the end state is going to be of whats good and bad.

Kammie

GGG does a great job every major patch resetting whats good in the meta (aka nerfs & buffs) and this is nothing different. Now there is gems that weren't there before and one for example already is giving +30% burning damage (negating dmg but not range of prolif nerf) and that's one gem of many you can equip.
I wouldn't call it great. They nerf things into the ground to the point where they're unusable. Changing the meta should not be forcing everybody to move from one flavor of the month to the next. To me, after desync, PoE's biggest problem is its balance team, who more often than not seems to be fumbling in the dark. We'll see if 2.0 has an overarching vision.

Got an invite into the beta, but unfortunately it seems I can't run it concurrently with the normal install on Steam (would require redownloads of GBs of data). So won't be trying it out, it looks like.

Edit: Got it worked out with Support. They allow you to link an email address to your Steam-generated account, and then create a password for that. So now I can log into my account both through Steam and the stand-alone client. Nice!

I wouldn't call it great. They nerf things into the ground to the point where they're unusable. Changing the meta should not be forcing everybody to move from one flavor of the month to the next. To me, after desync, PoE's biggest problem is its balance team, who more often than not seems to be fumbling in the dark. We'll see if 2.0 has an overarching vision.

Got an invite into the beta, but unfortunately it seems I can't run it concurrently with the normal install on Steam (would require redownloads of GBs of data). So won't be trying it out, it looks like.

Edit: Got it worked out with Support. They allow you to link an email address to your Steam-generated account, and then create a password for that. So now I can log into my account both through Steam and the stand-alone client. Nice!

Agreed I can't even count the number of builds I have used that are now worthless because of things getting nerfed into the ground. I am kind of scared of what 2.0 will bring as far as meta changes.

Krassus

Well i guess it might be a matter of opinion but even the big QQ nerfs like Crit, CoC, Block, etc werent to the ground. All of those have and still can do Uber. It might not be OP fun like its original form but that doesnt mean you cant make it work fine.

syko de4d

New Supporter Packs https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase

bought the 30$ pack for beta key, will maybe upgrade later.

edit:

And Divination Cards

"In The Awakening, Highgate Supporters can design a Divination Card, putting their personalised mark on Path of Exile.

Divination Cards are a new type of item that drops from monsters you encounter while playing The Awakening. Sets of cards can be traded to the Act Four NPC Tasuni in exchange for the item referenced on the card. Each card type drops in specific areas of Wraeclast, so careful choice of where to play allows you to maximise your chances of obtaining the desired item.

In a few days we'll open up a submission page where Highgate Supporters can decide the name, flavour text and redemption item for their Divination Card. We reserve the right to reject submissions that aren't in theme with Path of Exile. You'll be able to resubmit your idea until it's accepted.

Once we've agreed on the above details of the card, then you're all done! We'll create art for your card in the style of the traditional tarot, balance its rarity, determine how many you'll need to complete a stack, and assign it to drop in specific locations.

Thanks again for your generous support. We're really looking forward to seeing your creativity!"

Alienups

Havent played in a while but id be all over a pack if i could afford it at the moment. Feels like i still owe the devs a load of money for how many hours ive gotten out of PoE.

Been playing off and on for 3 years and never bought a supporter pack as I usually just buy MTX. Might bite on one now that they come with a beta key if I do get another one I'd probably just give it way to someone.

Krassus

It's not terrible: $30 gets you $25 worth of points, a shiny weapon MTX, and a beta key

(as you can tell, I've pretty much sold myself getting one very soon)

I didn't even take the points into consideration, that makes the key pretty much free. Plus I get to support a game I have enjoyed for years.

Just purchased the Axiom pack right now. $60 is nothing to pay for a game I have played this much and have enjoyed for this long. Getting all these expansions and all the new content for free is awesome as for other ARPGs I would have have to purchase them just to have access. While I may not agree with some changes and designs GGG makes they are a great company and I wish more smaller developers would follow their example.

played a lot of the beta today. I'm in Act 2 so far. Right now I'm running a Heavy Strike/Ground Slam Marauder. I'll add Herald Of Ash and Leap Slam tomorrow. General impressions:

-I really like how streamlined the leveling process is. Removing repetitive and/or boring zones like the Coves and shortening some of the others is a great idea. I flew through Act 1. A newer player might need to grind a bit to avoid getting destroyed by Brutus or Merveil though. IIRC I reached Merveil at lv14, right before turning lv15.

-That being said, the early game still feels ugly. I know many people who completely give up on the game after a few levels simply due to the feel. While I understand the design idea of starting out as a weak exile before becoming a badass, I still think this is hurting the game's growth. If you start a Marauder for instance you're going to be stuck with a slow weapon and slow movement speed; it just makes things feel off. I'm not saying GGG should take the D3 approach and make characters feel like the Hulk at the start of the game, BUT there has to be a middle ground between that and feeling like you're fighting with a plastic fork in quicksand.

-I really like how lock boxes open now.

-Vigilant Strike is great. I also really like Rallying Cry. Both have allowed me to be more aggressive than usual as melee in the early game.

-Maybe it's just random but I've noticed a lot of blue mobs, more than I remember in the normal game. I've gotten some pretty good drops too. Plus a ton of chromanic orbs which is kind of weird lol.

-I got my first jewel in Act 2. Haven't played with it yet though.

I only got twenty minutes in before the realm restarted, but I was playing a shadow. Is it me, or is the movement animation more fluid/faster? It definitely doesn't seem to be as slow as it used to be.

Playing the landmarks' audio in the background instead of having to stand by it to have it play out is such a nice addition. Otherwise, I can't tell if anything's changed so far

Krassus

I only got twenty minutes in before the realm restarted, but I was playing a shadow. Is it me, or is the movement animation more fluid/faster? It definitely doesn't seem to be as slow as it used to be.

Playing the landmarks' audio in the background instead of having to stand by it to have it play out is such a nice addition. Otherwise, I can't tell if anything's changed so far

That's sounds good I plan on making some kind of melee crit shadow tonight

I also slightly take it back when I say that I didn't notice anything else. There's tons to notice, but it's not directly gameplay-related.

They definitely expanded on helping out new players, with nice useful overlays. They moved a very popular waypoint to a more obvious location (you can probably figure out which and where based on my last post). I've already run into a new mob type, but don't really know what they do because I kept them at range.

Basically, all of the things I've noticed are to enhance the experience, especially for new players. I didn't take an extensive look at the passive tree because it's probably going to change a ton during the beta.

Kammie

There's a lot of changes. Areas are really streamlined now, will have to see how it plays out in the long run. Considering that we'll be doing 4 acts in each difficulty I don't think I'll mind.

I have a beta key to give away. First person to quote me here gets it by PM when I check back. I'd prefer to give it to someone who knows the game, will get into Merciless, and is willing to give feedback to the devs regarding things. If you're a new or casual player it's probably best to wait till the official release. Remember that there will be multiple wipes.

red13th

I wish I could play in the beta but when playing regular PoE my PC crashes after a few zone swaps, I doubt it can handle the beta. The additions looks great.

Things do seem a little more fluid. I thought I was imagining things but now that you mentioned it they do. I really like the changes as far as streamlining the acts makes leveling nicer.

I feel they still have problems with early game leveling though lacks a little oomph that will turn off some newer players as it had in the past. Hope to be able to put more time in this weekend.

Quixzlizx

There's a lot of changes. Areas are really streamlined now, will have to see how it plays out in the long run. Considering that we'll be doing 4 acts in each difficulty I don't think I'll mind.

I have a beta key to give away. First person to quote me here gets it by PM when I check back. I'd prefer to give it to someone who knows the game, will get into Merciless, and is willing to give feedback to the devs regarding things. If you're a new or casual player it's probably best to wait till the official release. Remember that there will be multiple wipes.

I'll take it, please!

Edit: I've made it to maps before.

Skux

I'm enjoying the beta quest rewards. It's a lot easier to get a skill combo going early also thanks to earlier links and more abundant chromatics.

At the end of act 2 I was already running Molten Strike + Faster Attacks + Weapon Elemental Damage + Melee Splash and doing tons of damage on my duelist.

Kammie

Since I see no one brought it up:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1259694

Official release of 2.0 delayed by 2-3 additional weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up extending longer too, it seems like it's a lot of things for a modestly-sized company to handle.

Got to Act 4 in the beta, and it's pretty cool. Enemies move really fast, and they're a big step up from what we've gotten in the previous acts. Concentrating on a second 100 though, so I'm not playing it too much until then.

Top Bottom