• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Blitzhex

Bunch of perandus chest monkeys surrounded me and killed me in a second, I couldn't move rofl. Never had these bullshit deaths back when I last played, 2 years ago. The chests are dropping lots of legendaries though, so whatever.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Started playing this with friends:

Main comment:
The hell is up with global chat and their love for Trump?

Rufus

Global chat is cancer, much like Twitch chat. Populated by degenerates.

Regardless, you should pop in and type "reeeeeep" when you see the message that someone in the top ten died.

Orb of Storm/Spark isn't as crazy as I hoped, but maybe with Spell Echo, it'll get better

p.s. - Let me know if ya'll need more Clarity in normal

Rufus

They nerfed Orb of Storms just before release. Forget what the old values are, but I'm sure they're on Reddit somewhere. The wiki doesn't have them.

RS4-

Haven't put in a meaningful minute in more than a year. Logged in, got a 65 duelist. Start fresh or continue? I've got no clue with all the new content.

Started out with Sunder on my Marauder, switched to Earthquake for Act 4. I really like both skills but Earthquake is definitely the best to me right now; it's also better than Ice Crash imo.

Beat Daresso earlier today (normal) and haven't had any close calls yet. That said I need to start getting my resistences up asap. They're terrible right now.

I really like the new league, in fact it might be my favorite since Ambush. They've finally managed to reward players on a consistent enough basis. Even if the chests don't drop decent gear you know you're going to get some gold, which can then be used to purchase something good. I've only bought a couple cheap items thus far, one of which I had to buy due to that greedy bastard blocking my path lol. Waiting on him to offer something that benefits my current build or the ones I have planned for later. That being said I'm not gonna create my Storm Cal Templar until some of the performance issues are fixed lol. I can just imagine my screen freezing due to Storm Call+Perandus shit.

Rufus

Strangely the Perandus effects don't drop my framerate, but some random lights in the trials do it. I only did the normal lab at level 54 because of that. Not gonna do the cruel version untl 75...

The Crematorium tileset does it too. I have no idea what it is, but I suspect the lights there, too. This has been like this forever. Alira's cooking fire drops me to 30, too. I wish they would get this shit under control finally.

RS4-

Blah fuck, after putting in another 2 hours or so, the game still feels so...janky to me. The movement, the attacks, all that.

Strangely the Perandus effects don't drop my framerate, but some random lights in the trials do it. I only did the normal lab at level 54 because of that. Not gonna do the cruel version untl 75...

The Crematorium tileset does it too. I have no idea what it is, but I suspect the lights there, too. This has been like this forever. Alira's cooking fire drops me to 30, too. I wish they would get this shit under control finally.

The perendus cluster fuck bogs my i5 4690 gtx 970 down on a samsung 850 ssd, atleast some of them. It's so damn spammy you literally don't know what the fuck is going on with them. Crazy that there can be two of them near each other.

The pricing range seems massive but it feels good sometimes to find a legendary for cheap.

Kammie

Blah fuck, after putting in another 2 hours or so, the game still feels so...janky to me. The movement, the attacks, all that.
You're only 65. Do you have attack speed on the tree and on linked gems? Movement on your boots? Tree? You gotta invest in order for the game to feel good

Rufus

Only 4, but yeah, this one came in hotter than usual. I've had two crashes loading zones so far, some performance issues, some old, some new.

So long as I don't die to any of that BS...

Luckily I get fps slowdown right before Perandus shit appears on the screen, so I know it's coming and am never caught off guard.

I find it rather weird that GGG runs into this problem with nearly every expansion/update. Super overdone enemy spell effects that cause slowdowns or crashes, streamers die to it and everyone complains, etc.

V_Arnold

Luckily I get fps slowdown right before Perandus shit appears on the screen, so I know it's coming and am never caught off guard.

I find it rather weird that GGG runs into this problem with nearly every expansion/update. Super overdone enemy spell effects that cause slowdowns or crashes, streamers die to it and everyone complains, etc.

Basically, at this point, I am fairly convinced that GGG staffers suffer from the same syndrome a lot of devs do: having access to insanely strong computers with some local access to the servers, they just never meet the problem.

I mean, they keep insisting that rain has nothing to do with slowdowns in rainy zones, to this very day. It has been years. They just do not give a fuck.

Basically, at this point, I am fairly convinced that GGG staffers suffer from the same syndrome a lot of devs do: having access to insanely strong computers with some local access to the servers, they just never meet the problem.

I mean, they keep insisting that rain has nothing to do with slowdowns in rainy zones, to this very day. It has been years. They just do not give a fuck.

I was just about to post this. My rig shouldn't be dropping into the 40s playing this game because of the effects overload.

Also had to kill Malachai 4 times last night because I kept getting disconnected from the server during the fight. Having to kill Malachai, Shav, and Doedre 12 times in a row was fun.

Died at 78 to... traps in cruel lab. I was running it a few times to try and get a better feel before heading to merc lab. Door trap plus fast firing darts, died fassst.

Oh well.

On the brightside I did manage to 6socket and 6 link a bronn's lithe for 19jewels 14fuse and chromed it in 1. Didn't have it equipped yet thankfully.

Zynx

RIP. The % max health dmg traps are a menace that are hard to gear against. I still haven't verified if fortify or block/dodge help against them.

I was just about to post this. My rig shouldn't be dropping into the 40s playing this game because of the effects overload.

Also had to kill Malachai 4 times last night because I kept getting disconnected from the server during the fight. Having to kill Malachai, Shav, and Doedre 12 times in a row was fun.

Damn, that's a bummer. I still don't understand why GGG made the perandus packs have so many mobs which attack and cast so quickly. I figure it causes problems with the information that needs to be transmitted all the time with lockstep. When I tried changing it back to predictive (yuck!) there were less client freezes. I mean, they had an issue that seemed similar in the mega-flashback league awhile back when rampage was active...

The big damage spikes still seem to be there but the enemies do go down quicker.
Well the ascendancy subclasses are a straight buff to everyone, and we've also got a bunch of new shiny toys that boost our damage output like elemental overload, elemental focus, and more. Some of the new enchants are crazy powerful but good luck getting the specific one you want.

I'm having a good time overall with the patch, though, performance and freeze issues aside. I just wish the seven-league boots weren't so rare and pricey, I wanted to take a horde of them with me back to standard for permanent use in the future.

RIP. The % max health dmg traps are a menace that are hard to gear against. I still haven't verified if fortify or block/dodge help against them.

Damn, that's a bummer. I still don't understand why GGG made the perandus packs have so many mobs which attack and cast so quickly. I figure it causes problems with the information that needs to be transmitted all the time with lockstep. When I tried changing it back to predictive (yuck!) there were less client freezes. I mean, they had an issue that seemed similar in the mega-flashback league awhile back when rampage was active...

Well the ascendancy subclasses are a straight buff to everyone, and we've also got a bunch of new shiny toys that boost our damage output like elemental overload, elemental focus, and more. Some of the new enchants are crazy powerful but good luck getting the specific one you want.

I'm having a good time overall with the patch, though, performance and freeze issues aside. I just wish the seven-league boots weren't so rare and pricey, I wanted to take a horde of them with me back to standard for permanent use in the future.

Yeah I almost stopped playing for the rest of the week. Having to go through the harvest 4 times and kill all 3 mini bosses just to get DC'd on the second phase of malachai was bad. I also got DCs two times trying to get through Vaal today. My progress has slowed because of these disconnects to the where ill just put the game down until the next patch. (which was tonight thankfully) Glad I play SC because I've had a couple of deaths to perandus mobs that will just bog down my system and by the time it catches up with the server ill be surrounded.

I still havent done much with the new subclasses. I am going to run EA this league as that is one of the only skills I have never used in my 4 years of PoE that I really want to.

The enchants while a cool addition add another layer of RNG to the game that I am not happy about. I usually make 4+ characters a league but I might just stick with the EA once I get it up and running.

Hope they can iron out the performance issues in this game a whole as a goal for this year. I shouldn't be getting so much stuttering and drops with a 980ti , 16GB 2033 RAM, and a 4.5Ghz processor. I understand that it is because of the way the game interacts with their client and servers.

Blitzhex

So, I've been sitting on taste of hate flask on pendarus hc for a couple of days now, didn't know it was worth anything till I made my uniques tab public and suddenly got a 3+ ex offer, lol.

Obviously I'm happy the game is gaining popularity and this league is being well received by casual fans...but the unstable server situation due to high traffic really makes me think twice about playing at peak times. I've only DC'd twice (once was on my end, once was due to server crash) but I've had multiple moments where the game stutters or seems like it's gonna crash.

I'm too afraid to make a caster lmao. My Marauder can deal with delays and stutters due to my defense/endurance charges/fortify. But I'd hate to lose a caster due to a slight delay.

Rufus

Yeah, I've had close calls with Perandus packs today. It seem it takes until maps to really see the performance hit. If they're with other monsters it's the worst. Add the skill effect from Earthquake with every mob being hit at once and I get crazy stutters.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
10 chaos for 96 coins

Cadiro

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
My actual best Cadiro was Tabula Rasa for ~160 coins.

Been using it on my Blade Vortex ever since 30 or so.

I'm convinced this game doesn't like me. 4 years and the best thing I got was a soul taker on standard messing around once. Not when it was BIS but when they were selling for 2-3ex.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I still didn't had time to play the expansion.

How is it?

Ploid 3.0

I did not realize the Ascendancy skill's used 5 refund points each, now I have to collect a lot more to go back to what I had. The UI didn't seem to indicate that the cost was 5. I suppose I should have looked at my refund points number as I removed skills. Expensive.

Is there space in the neogaf clan, is there a neogaf clan even?

I did not realize the Ascendancy skill's used 5 refund points each, now I have to collect a lot more to go back to what I had. The UI didn't seem to indicate that the cost was 5. I suppose I should have looked at my refund points number as I removed skills. Expensive.

Is there space in the neogaf clan, is there a neogaf clan even?

There is but I left it because there was only 1 or 2 people online entirely at most. It's dead. It's nice for the guild stash, you can most likely store stuff without it taken but I have like 20 stash slots of my own so yeah...

It sucks it uses refund points. I'm stuck at the Labyrinth on Normal (boss) and don't want to even think about the fact that I can't put points into her afterwards

Ploid 3.0

It sucks it uses refund points. I'm stuck at the Labyrinth on Normal (boss) and don't want to even think about the fact that I can't put points into her afterwards

Oops I meant 5 refund points to undo a ascendancy skill, refunding the ascendancy point. When you clear the labyrinth you are given 2 ascendancy skill points to use in the trees for each difficulty. 6 Ascendancy points max.

There is but I left it because there was only 1 or 2 people online entirely at most. It's dead. It's nice for the guild stash, you can most likely store stuff without it taken but I have like 20 stash slots of my own so yeah...

ooh, I have a ton of uniques I put on old characters and I can just put them there not caring if anyone can use it. I have the default stash, and use extra characters for stuff I might not want to throw away but won't bother to sell. The trading system it's a bit of a hassle for me to worry about.

I'm currently playing as a Necromancer, "KaraLive". How does the invites work? A clan invite for each character, or is it per account (hopefully)?

Oops I meant 5 refund points to undo a ascendancy skill, refunding the ascendancy point. When you clear the labyrinth you are given 2 ascendancy skill points to use in the trees for each difficulty. 6 Ascendancy points max

ooh, I have a ton of uniques I put on old characters and I can just put them there not caring if anyone can use it. I have the default stash, and use extra characters for stuff I might not want to throw away but won't bother to sell. The trading system it's a bit of a hassle for me to worry about.

I'm currently playing as a Necromancer, "KaraLive". How does the invites work? A clan invite for each character, or is it per account (hopefully)?

It's for the account.

I still didn't had time to play the expansion.

How is it?

I'm enjoying much better than the previous league. Only thing I don't like the the instability of the server and some bad performance issues with the perandus mobs. It seems like I get DC a couple times a day at least. There have been a lot of patches so hopefully things are almost fixed.

Rufus

I may or may not have misread a map mod and blown myself up with phys reflect. Ahem.

My second ever reflect death.

I've been thinking about what to play next, but I have absolutely no idea.

Ploid 3.0

Just got this, it looks interesting for a tank h2h person. Not sure how I could use it though, maybe I should try h2h finally.

The boss in the labyrinth blows me up, what bombardment effect is that? Chaos damage? When I try to run out the way my summons follow and aren't fighting as they do. He doesn't seem to let up on that stuff.

Those statues piss me off, is the stop regen item the only way to stop them from showing up later? The only thing that mess me up now is the boss fights in level 3 or sometimes 2. I feel I lucked out beating the merciless labyrinth the first time with less gear and 2 less ascendancy points.

Top Bottom