• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX Prime 2014 Thread: Meet-up details in OP

Patryn

Jesus.

I could actually see this selling out totally in an hour, which would break the previous record by a whole lot.

Jesus.

I could actually see this selling out totally in an hour, which would break the previous record by a whole lot.

Well last year they were having issues with the que where people would be stuck in it for 4+ hours. So if they got that fixed then yeah it will be sold out soon.

*EDIT Sat Sold OUT

Demigod Mac

They should probably do a festival-style pre-registration system where you need to upload your photo which appears on the pass. Your credentials could be valid for all the various PAXes (PAXii...?).

Or do like Otakon is handling it this year. Attach a real name to each registration, 35K limit. Done.

I was at PAX last year and scalpers were all over the streets of Seattle.

Patryn

I'm surprised the single-day passes haven't sold out yet.

Single-days don't sell out this fast. I believe it took almost 12 hours for last year to fully sell out, and that was way faster than usual.

This year, however.... with it already at Low? I foresee a total sellout in the next 30 minutes.

Wow, sit through queue forever, 4-days already sold out, and my attempt to order a set of 1-day passes times out in the middle. I'd better not see any charges on my credit card, because I don't even want to buy from them anymore. The scalpers are worth the extra money for superior service at this point.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I could actually host someone and provide rides this year for free, if you want to sleep on a couch.

It's the least I could do to repay GAF for letting me win those tickets in bingo last year.

edit: Modifying my offer since I didn't get any tickets: If you're willing to sell me one, I'll sleep on the couch and you can have my room. I have met GAFfers before, I'm a verified real person. PM ME

Pandacon

Same! Calling their "help" line is a dead end. No idea if my info actually went through, or if I'm SOL.

Select the option for already having a reservation, that'll take you to a live person

then tell them you're getting that error on the site. They let me book a hotel on the phone from there

GhaleonEB

I'm actually around to take a stab at this, and I'd love to given what will be there (Destiny, for sure). But I just have too many things going on at home this summer to foot the bill.

Maybe next year (again)....

good luck to everybody still waiting
80r9oHt.png

Chairhome

Got my Monday tickets. Whew. my phone is actually in front of the queue if anyone trusts me with their cc info. Haha. Friday and Monday are the only ones left.

Got in just in time to see Saturday's sold out. Flying to Seattle for Sunday and Monday does not seem very fun.

Maybe next time, but more likely, probably never, it seems.

Blues1990

At the rate it's going, it seems they are never going to address the ticket issue, as well as how the current convention hall isn't big enough.

Whatever they're doing to prevent scammers is probably not working.
It's getting progressively worse with each year. I mean, it is still relatively easy for people to scalp with the ability of buying 4 of each type of pass without any type of check or ID tied into the system.

B33

Banned
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday disappeared, but then reappeared. Just keep trying. Some orders may be canceled.

I managed to snag single day passes for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I just haaaaaad to sleep late today.

@#&*$@#(&$@(#*
I looked at the sleep cycle website and opted for 1 shorter so I could get stuff done today. Instead this happened.
Single-days don't sell out this fast. I believe it took almost 12 hours for last year to fully sell out, and that was way faster than usual.

This year, however.... with it already at Low? I foresee a total sellout in the next 30 minutes.
IIRC East was like 1 hour for the single days to go.

Eme4Sxr.png

Lexxon

its a small walk but if the price matters its probably not bad

Price is a consideration due to the number of nights, but quality is more important. Hearing mixed things about it from the post-pax 2013 hotel thread on their official forums. Keeping it for now, at least.

This might be me speaking with tickets already, but I'll take sold-out passes over larger crowds any day. I'd rather they keep the convention the same size rather than endless lines taking multiple hours just to see something. What I would do, is stop selling press passes.

Every single pass of every type? How do you know this?
Sorry, just updated my post. I was scanning through Twitter.

Some people just got in and saw Friday tickets, so I wonder if there's a certain allotment depending on your place in the queue.

Lexxon

Looks to me Mondays are still available. I had a second queue up in an incognito window, only allowing Mondays.

Top Bottom