• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

sajj316

Not sure if posted ..

Engadget has posted the full press release from N-Control

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/29/...g-consultant-discounts-ps3-avenger/#continued

Interesting part of the press release ..

N-Control employs Eli Schwartz as a part-time Social Media Consultant. He is an enthusiastic high school student who became one of the Avenger's earliest super fans, meeting the founder at a trade show. Mr. Kotkin is proud to encourage the development of a bright, enthusiastic young person like Eli.

Eli Schwartz is not, however, in charge of Marketing or PR for N-Control. Previous news reports have credited him as Marketing Manager, a title Mr. Schwartz gave himself without the consent or advance knowledge or N-Control management. This occurred during the period of greatest upheaval following Mr. Christoforo's dismissal, and N-Control regrets that this mixed messaging reached the public. All press inquiries and media requests should instead be directed to Moisés Chiullan at the AvengerDefender@gmail.com address.

All marketing and PR work is handled by this dude in TX. He's batting clean-up.

https://twitter.com/#!/moiseschiu

Press queries and customer service can be sent to the following ..

https://twitter.com/#!/AvengerDefender

ElRenoRaven

So

Christoforo-defense-GAF says "Hey stop talking about it! Let it die, jeeeeez guys"

Christoforo does another interview this morning claiming he did nothing wrong

Christoforo-defense-GAF replies "Hey stop talking about it! Let it die, jeeeeez guys"

Don't forget that they also attack a guy for being a junior and for making grammar mistakes.

scy

People digging up personal info on this guy are pathetic and creepy. These people have no ethical compass and no concept of how reasonable people behave.

Yes, the guy was a douche on some emails. That doesn't mean he should have his life ruined over it. Fucking weirdos.

I'm a sociopath, it's true.

Notwithstanding your inability to deduce my argument in a single facet, there's a reason why people like yourself will never hired in jobs requiring perspective and a semblance of reality. You're too hotheaded. Step back, and think about this incident rationally.
Now I want to know what plagiarize does for a living. Does it require perspective and a semblance of reality?

Notwithstanding your inability to deduce my argument in a single facet, there's a reason why people like yourself will never hired in jobs requiring perspective and a semblance of reality. You're too hotheaded. Step back, and think about this incident rationally.
you have no idea how hilarious this post is. i can only presume that you've moved on to self parody now. presuming to know anything about me is the sort of nonsense that got Paul into hot water in the first place.

your arrogance is astounding.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback

Says the guy who is relating this backlash to the same kind of response people normally reserve for child rapists.

honestly... what the fuck are you even talking about? that isn't 'typically' what we do to child rapists and murderers. AT ALL.

This is exhibit B of plagiarize missing the point. My quotation marks around justice were a nod to the internet's manner of handing out -- of what it concieves of being -- justice to murderers and rapists. I wasn't explicitly saying that's how society deals with murderers and rapists, but how the internet does it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's not right to hand your money over to a company, and then have them spit in your face and belittle you for asking them to come good on their promise for a good or service.

This PR/marketing guy is clearly unfit to perform his job, and also seemingly hasn't learned a single thing from this experience.

Took the words right out of my mouth. The emails say it all really.

ElRenoRaven

Actually, he corrected my grammar mistake. I understand though, this thread may be going too fast for you to keep up.

Good point. You only shit on the guy for being a junior because he corrected your mistake. That totally makes shitting on him for being a junior ok then. My mistake. I'm only human.

sajj316

This is exhibit B of plagiarize missing the point. My quotation marks around justice were a nod to the internet's manner of handing out -- of what it concieves of being -- justice to murderers and rapists. I wasn't explicitly saying that's how society deals with murderers and rapists, but how the internet does it.

I was not aware of any internet crusades against murderers and rapists.

and you're still completely wrong to typify this response as being characteristic of the internet responding to rapists and murderers.

the internet responds like this to lots of people to varying degrees. if all i can do in response to criminal or immoral actions is to publically humiliate someone (say) that i can't do more than publically humiliate a rapist, doesn't mean that i wouldn't do more if i coul, and it doesn't mean that when i publically humiliate someone for corporate greed that i shouldn't, because i once publically humiliatied a rapist and so therefore i'm obviously treating them as if their 'crimes' are equivalent.

you know who else the internet treats like they've treated Paul? celebrities. to infer this backlash is *only* worthy and *only* typical of how the internet treats a child rapist, only goes so far as to prove that the internet can't do MORE to attack child rapists. which is probably a good thing, but there you go.

I highly doubt it.
careful, i might unleash my full level of vitriol that i reserve only for people as bad as child rapists and call you a bad word.

scy

you know who else the internet treats like they've treated Paul? celebrities. to infer this backlash is *only* worthy and *only* typical of how the internet treats a child rapist, only goes so far as to prove that the internet can't do MORE to attack child rapists. which is probably a good thing, but there you go.

I hear with the right HDMI cables that we can, in fact, do more to these people.

Kosh

Good point. You only shit on the guy for being a junior because he corrected your mistake. That totally makes shitting on him for being a junior ok then. My mistake. I'm only human.

Careful, making mistakes on the internet could lead to massive nerd rage against you. I've seen it happen.

ElRenoRaven

Careful, making mistakes on the internet could lead to massive nerd rage against you. I've seen it happen.

Yup I've heard that too. I remember a guy once who told his customer that he knew the fawkin mayor of Boston. Last I heard he was set on fire and run over by a large bus. I've only just heard that though. I haven't seen any confirmed reports.

Zomba13

All you guys harassing and sending death threats to Paul and his family need to stop right now and let this thing die. You guys are seriously worst than Hitler. All Paul did was have a bad day and then you creepy weirdo perverts go through all his private stuff, hack his accounts and threaten him.

You guys really are the worst and I'm sure that you all should be banned from GAF because of the no detective rule so bye bye.

Roto13

All you guys harassing and sending death threats to Paul and his family need to stop right now and let this thing die. You guys are seriously worst than Hitler. All Paul did was have a bad day and then you creepy weirdo perverts go through all his private stuff, hack his accounts and threaten him.

You guys really are the worst and I'm sure that you all should be banned from GAF because of the no detective rule so bye bye.

All I want to do is eat his newborn 2-year-old baby. That's all I want.

scy

I'll gladly take my ban after I'm done liquidating his assets and gloating about it on the Internets.

KageMaru

I skipped the last few pages since I couldn't keep up with the thread, is it true people are harassing his family and sending them death threats? o_0

I can care less what happens to Paul, but I think most here would agree that his family should be left out.

ElRenoRaven

I skipped the last few pages since I couldn't keep up with the thread, is it true people are harassing his family and sending them death threats? o_0

I can care less what happens to Paul, but I think most here would agree that his family should be left out.

He has said that and some have noticed threats to that extent on youtube videos he's posted or others. So yea there appears to be some crazy fuckers out there crossing that line. It's really fucked up too. That's the one thing everyone of us on Gaf can agree on. Don't fuck with the wife and kid and don't threaten to kill the sob.

Roto13

It's 100% definitely unquestionably true because it has happened to other people before.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

All I did was screen cap his Twiiter feed...now you are going to ban me? Unfair. People deserve second chances. And thirds. And fourths.

Foothills

Banned

Stop judging and harassing people, can't the madness just stop???

it's more than likely true, but as far as i know, no one here in this thread has done any such thing.

Why? What do you care?
because he's a nob who is likely a steroid abuser. if you can't report suspected drug abusers to the police for being suspected drug abusers when they're assholes, when can you report suspected drug abusers to the police?

scy

Why? What do you care?

In all seriousness, the idea of him abusing with a newborn child around is a little frightening. Especially considering how he flew off the handle in some discourteous emails over the course of a week. It's possibly mountains out of molehills, and probably just flat out not our business, but it does have some grounds for being more than just "lol that'll show him."

KageMaru

He has said that and some have noticed threats to that extent on youtube videos he's posted or others. So yea there appears to be some crazy fuckers out there crossing that line. It's really fucked up too. That's the one thing everyone of us on Gaf can agree on. Don't fuck with the wife and kid and don't threaten to kill the sob.

I always thought that everyone here agreed not to take it this far, so what's up with all the debating/arguing over it?

If everyone here is against involving his family and using death threats, I'm even more confused over the defenders here.

it's more than likely true, but as far as i know, no one here in this thread has done any such thing.

Ok, by the post I replied to earlier, they made it sound like gaffers were making these harassing death threats. Thanks.

jorma

is now taking requests
because he's a nob who is likely a steroid abuser. if you can't report suspected drug abusers to the police for being suspected drug abusers when they're assholes, when can you report suspected drug abusers to the police?

Where does these suspicions come from?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Are the "death threats" and comments directed towards his family being emailed straight to him/them or just posted on a fucking youtube video? Anything posted on a youtube video should be summarily ignored. Comparing such a thing to actual threats would render the word meaningless.

Australian child rapist Dennis Ferguson is a good example.

So there's one. How many murderers and rapists are there?

I'm sure that sometimes people use the internet to further punish/harass criminals, but are you sure you're not overestimating the frequency and intensity of these occurrences?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Not that I put it past the Internet,but so far isn't the only reports of people threatening his family and kids the word of Paul himself? And he's clearly going for sympathy based on that interview...

I do love this quote:
“I can’t worry about the fact that there isn’t a bus big enough for me to throw Paul Christoforo under. The internet did that for me. I think they set him on fire too.” - Moisés Chiullan,

mbmonk

Reading the Forbes interview with Paul is a barrel of fun.

Paul, supposedly*, sells thousands of dollars of product and he gives himself the credit for that. Paul makes a series of bad decisions and gets hammered for it. Well that's not his fault, and he is the victim.

This gentleman has a long ways to travel. Many of us do, but overcoming his ego and failure to take responsibility for his actions when the result isn't positive are going to be a long tough road for him to travel.

Linky to interview: http://www.forbes.com/sites/danieln...m-control-to-ko-paul-christoforo-interviewed/

*= Since he has been proven to be a liar (Mayor of Boston), I am going to be skeptical of this claim by default.

I always thought that everyone here agreed not to take it this far, so what's up with all the debating/arguing over it?

If everyone here is against involving his family and using death threats, I'm even more confused over the defenders here.

Well, that's directly related to posting the story in the WWW. So yeah, it's directly related to the public nature of the incident.

You can't say you want pizza without the bread. Something like that. But this would be a moral argument. Is it worth exposing this story and ruining his life for a few douchebag emails? I'm all for the reasoning that he deserves a lesson or two, but knowing the collateral damage and stuff, I would never expose such cases when I KNOW the person will get harrassed over the boundaries of the problem itself.

Douche. Did I call you anything? What's with the hostility man.

If anything, before turning hostile you could ask me what I was trying to say with it. I mean stuff like the fact he was being warned that he would appear in PA, how do you answer that? Either way, you're going there. And seeing how the argument escalated in a "you more" fashion, it's not surprising to see that he says go ahead. Seems like he did not know the power of internet bullying. He has learned it the hard way.

I did ask you what you were trying to say. I said "How does that make any sense?"

People make threats because they want an action to happen. Warnings, etc. The fact that you're even defending this tool's actions with 'You would have done the same thing" is laughable. Do you even realize what you're saying?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Reading the Forbes interview with Paul is a barrel of fun.

Paul, supposedly*, sells thousands of dollars of product and he gives himself the credit for that. Paul makes a series of bad decisions and gets hammered for it. Well that's not his fault, and he is the victim.

This gentleman has a long ways to travel. Many of us do, but overcoming his ego and failure to take responsibility for his actions when the result isn't positive are going to be a long tough road for him to travel.

Linky to interview: http://www.forbes.com/sites/danieln...m-control-to-ko-paul-christoforo-interviewed/

*= Since he has been proven to be a liar (Mayor of Boston), I am going to be skeptical of this claim by default.

I don’t know the mayor of Boston – I was just joking around. I have a lot of connections in the city, because I was born and raised in Boston. And anywhere I go in the city I get in for free, I have a lot of connections. And I could probably have made a phone call, and if it wasn’t the door guy who let me in [to PAX East in Boston], maybe I could get in somewhere else, through the loading dock or the back.

There’s nothing I can do about it, because of what he [Mike Krahulik] did. I’ve spoken to an attorney: I don’t know if I’m going to pursue that avenue – of defamation of character, slander, harassment, spam (…) He knew he was going to KO me. I didn’t get any warning, I just got KOed.

He just doesn't get it....

guek

Banned
I asked this pages and pages and go but no one responded

Who the hell are you people that are saying Paul shouldn't be harassed talking to?

Who here is harassing Paul?

Why do you keep insisting on shouting "LEAVE HIM ALONE!" when there are no apparent aggressors in this thread? Why do you keep implying like this thread is responsible for some wretched misdeed when there doesn't seem to be a single person advocating the harassment of his family?

Everyone agrees that his family should be left out of this mess, so what the hell are you arguing about?

I did ask you what you were trying to say. I said "How does that make any sense?"

People make threats because they want an action to happen. Warnings, etc. The fact that you're even defending this tool's actions with 'You would have done the same thing" is laughable. Do you even realize what you're saying?

Well, how's this? in a more simple language.

Dude says: Hey, i'm gonna post this on the internet to make you look bad

You say: Go ahead (thinking... heh, he's trying to persuade me acting all cocky about making me infamous in the webz).

Or.... Please don't. I'm sorry, i'm very sorry. Sorry. I was a douchebag.

No, in the heat of an argument anyone would do most likely the same. He didn't really imply: YES, destroy my reputation over the internet. However, he should learn from this and stay low.

Vyer

Just now reading this thread. Got no problem with a douchebag/troll/asshole getting grief. Needs to happen more.

The mini argument that GAF turned this into was entirely predictable, though.

I don’t know the mayor of Boston – I was just joking around. I have a lot of connections in the city, because I was born and raised in Boston. And anywhere I go in the city I get in for free, I have a lot of connections. And I could probably have made a phone call, and if it wasn’t the door guy who let me in [to PAX East in Boston], maybe I could get in somewhere else, through the loading dock or the back.
:lol sneaking in through the back or the loading bay.

Mike I hope your security team is fucking top notch at PAX East, we got a real Sam Fisher here.

scy

Well, how's this? in a more simple language.

Dude says: Hey, i'm gonna post this on the internet to make you look bad

You say: Go ahead (thinking... heh, he's trying to persuade me acting all cocky about making me infamous in the webz).

Or.... Please don't. I'm sorry, i'm very sorry. Sorry. I was a douchebag.

No, in the heat of an argument anyone would do most likely the same. He didn't really imply: YES, destroy my reputation over the internet. However, he should learn from this and stay low.

He's in PR. He's meant to take the bending over backwards stance. "There is no reason to escalate this further," sort of response. Anything besides, "fuck you go ahead and try you're nothing I'm a big boy," would work, really.

Just now reading this thread. Got no problem with a douchebag/troll/asshole getting grief. Needs to happen more.

The mini argument that GAF turned this into was entirely predictable, though.

I'm gonna quote this post for saying exactly what I wanted to say.

Top Bottom