• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

Given his track record with the unwarranted rage over an email and admitted steroid usage, doubtful most will give him the benefit of the doubt and believe he isnt guilty of DV.
Exactly, which I personally believe is the issue here. People getting ahead of themselves.

scy

Yep, as long as they put allegedly in there as well, because it never went any further, right?

Also, cheers for being reasonable and sensible after our little back and forth a few days ago. Respect.

Well, I'm not familiar with law all that well (I try to keep myself from wife beating and all) so I don't know exactly how concrete the evidence of assault is needed. I'd have to look into the case a bit to see how it resolved. But I don't really care that much to do it short of being able to prove something to people and that seems like a rather thin reason to do it. I'm more in this still to see what more stupidity Paul gets himself into, though it seems he's managed to find a way to shut himself up.

As for being angry, it's the internet. Rather have real discourse than shouting matches; more fun that way for me. Oddly.

Zertez

Exactly, which I personally believe is the issue here. People getting ahead of themselves.

Certain crimes are worse than others and most even if found not guilty are still looked at differently by a lot of people. Sexual assault, molestation, domestic violence, embezzlement and crimes involving minors are charges that stick with you, no matter if you are found innocent or guilty.

thcsquad

Again, your issue is trying to guess the intentions of those believing the DV charge. Most people tend to assume Domestic Violence charges are true with far less evidence than what we see here, just as they will see somebody taking a sobriety test with a cop watching and assume that the person is guilty of a DUI.

scy

Or that paediatrician who had his house burnt down because vigilantes mistook him for a pedophile. Or Dennis Ferguson. The worse is the Car Crash Girl story though. Sickening in every facet.

Personally speaking, I try not to think too hardly on the times when things were taken too far. Not to say one shouldn't remember that the Internet is sometimes a bag of dicks but just that it tends to color perspective. I guess it just makes me hopelessly optimistic (or naive?) about it but it lets me enjoy when things work out rather than, "Guess they didn't take it too far this time..."

hahahah, just because you're secretly attracted to him doesn't mean we were friend.

Projecting much?

cool, a gay joke. Be more overt next time so you can get banned.

also, congrats on taking psych 101. May it carry you haphazardly through many an internet argument.

but at the risk of vindicating elrechazao, yes, I read a bunch of shit wrong and apologize for bringing in some dumb arguments as a result.

just got wind of this today. not to worry guys, i happen to know the deputy health commissioner here in baltimore. this bastard can forget about any free condoms in this city for the rest of his life. i also know jim richards, who is nobody important and doesnt have a job but he can scream at this guy pretty loudly if he sees him. trust me. i know. ive heard him scream before

Roto13

If I knew anyone who owned a fax machine, I might do that just for the hell of it. Not like nonstop, but once or twice. :p Just to be a dick.

But that got resolved! (for him)

Yup. I expected him to do a little something on it even if he just had a pointless interview with Stepto. Oh well.

Not trying to get off topic though. I just think it's silly to see Geoff Keighley even spend a second of his time on this guy when there are better people to interview way more relevant to gaming. Paul isn't even in the industry anymore. But it looks like Geoff grilled this guy, so maybe it'll be good for a laugh or two.

ElRenoRaven

I'm gonna skip recording the GTTV episode since I don't want to get banned for detective GAF

Talking about it constitutes an invasion of privacy so we're already dead.

Yup. The fact that you even thought of watching this is beyond reprehensible. You both deserve the ban you have coming for stalking this guy by watching that interview damn it.

I myself always watch the show. Will be interesting to see if they can actually grill him worth a damn or if it's one or two questions that require thought then a bunch of fluff.

Chittagong

Gold Member
What are the chances this interview is better than the really shit podcast he did some days back, where the hosts didn't bother to learn even the basica of the case?

ElRenoRaven

What are the chances this interview is better than the really shit podcast he did some days back, where the hosts didn't bother to learn even the basica of the case?

I think there is a chance it's better. After all it is Geoff Keighley who can do a great job at times on stuff.

XAL

I think there is a chance it's better. After all it is Geoff Keighley who can do a great job at times on stuff.

I really want the smug Geoff Keighly to do this interview.

I want to watch the gaming world's version of the Katie Couric v Sarah Palin interview.

This is going to be so awkward.

I can't wait...

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
'Wither' 'your' 'you're'

What is this, a nightmare?

I am now going to visit Penny Arcade more often.

huh, Kermit getting banned is probably the most interesting development since I last saw this thread. Looking forward to notes from the interview, though. Don't plan to watch, pretty sick of this clown.

ElRenoRaven

He was trolling. He had nothing to add to the discussion beyond a holier-than-thou attitude.

True. I just ignored him and went on myself. Some people will always have a holier then thou attitude. There's just nothing you can do about it because they won't change that. This was such a case. Paul dug the hole himself. Everything I've seen shows that for the most part minus a couple of people on youtube and reddit people have left his wife and kid out of it.

That said this interview promo really seems that the guy is going to play the woe is me card during the interview and try to play it that he's been so picked on and beat up on. If he does it's only going to make things worse.

Zertez

Must be a slow time in game development if GT TV is running an interview with this guy, instead of a special on games like Kingdom of Amalur, Diablo 3 or Twisted Metal. The best thing he can do to get things to die down is to get out of the spotlight, rather than asking for more attention. It seems like he doesnt want it to die and he loves attention, negative or positive he doesnt seem to care. The only reason I can see GT TV deciding this was a good story is he melted down during emails to GT and they thought it would get ratings if he melted down on national tv.

ElRenoRaven

Must be a slow time in game development if GT TV is running an interview with this guy, instead of a special on games like Kingdom of Amalur, Diablo 3 or Twisted Metal. The best thing he can do to get things to die down is to get out of the spotlight, rather than asking for more attention. It seems like he doesnt want it to die and he loves attention, negative or positive he doesnt seem to care. The only reason I can see GT TV deciding this was a good story is he melted down during emails to GT and they thought it would get ratings if he melted down on national tv.

Could be why. The dude during that podcast and his short lived AMA seemed to be overjoyed that they were going to interview him. So it seems that he thinks they're going to make him famous. lol

Zertez

Could be why. The dude during that podcast and his short lived AMA seemed to be overjoyed that they were going to interview him. So it seems that he thinks they're going to make him famous. lol

I wouldnt doubt it at this point. With all the shameful things people to do to extend their 15 minutes of fame, it seems like this guy is enjoying the attention.

This.

It better be like a total meltdown with tons of gif and quotes/meme materials so there's actually a reason for GT to give this clown more spotlight space. Otherwise if it's just the same crap we've heard a million times over, GT is just scrapping the bottom.

I pray for a public execution with Mike Krahulik destroying him live on air.

He was trolling. He had nothing to add to the discussion beyond a holier-than-thou attitude.
Does this forum have an area where it says why people were banned?

I tried checking his post history, I saw a link to a stream in the SOCCER thread and thought that was the reason.

Saying it's the trolling is too optimistic :D

I love how you guys automatically think he got banned because you disagreed with his minority opinion. Whoops, not "opinion," it's "trolling" when it goes against the neogaf brush.

jaxword

I love how you guys automatically think he got banned because you disagreed with his minority opinion. Whoops, not "opinion," it's "trolling" when it goes against the neogaf brush.

Kermit was actually defending a liar and a thief and trying to rationalize that a "domestic violence" charge isn't that bad.

He was deliberately being as obnoxious an asshole about it as possible.

"Being an asshole" is not a minority opinion, it's "being an asshole."

Not really sure why you want to white knight him.

scy

I don't have a problem with the guy--mostly since his opinion had a point, albeit worded a bit strongly--but post history didn't really show much.

Kermit was actually defending a liar and a thief and trying to rationalize that a "domestic violence" charge isn't that bad.

To be fair, his point was that it's just a DV charge, not a conviction; there's a bit of a jump to go from the charge to the claim of wife beating. For instance, false allegations can still lead to a DV charge. "Alleged assault" wording instead of "definitely beating" was where he was heading with it.

That said, Paul was asked about this and I don't think he actually denied the charge, just explained the circumstances (he was freeloading with a girlfriend he broke up with due to her being crazy, something about having a bad day, etc.). So ... yeah.

He was deliberately being as obnoxious an asshole about it as possible.

"Being an asshole" is not a minority opinion, it's "being an asshole."

Not really sure why you want to white knight him.

i'm not white knighting anything, just pointing out that if TOS includes being abrasive, then most of us would be banned by now :p I don't think the moderators need to protect against possible hurt feelings in an argument or arguably questionable stances about villains like this marketer guy. Discussion ≠ circle jerk here or in the real world, for that matter. Not everyone should be expected to phrase everything in a perfect manner because that's the exception and not the rule.

Top Bottom