• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Alfredo

I'm doing pretty okay with Kanji online right now, but I feel like all I'm really doing is learning bad habits that will be easily counterable later on, lol.

Oh god. I just tried playing online... Joined a random room with a beginner icon and got mutilated. how do i fighting game
awful.

Are there any rooms with space for a beginner?

Sophia

All this Yukiko gameplay makes me want to learn her as my sub.

Oh god. I just tried playing online... Joined a random room with a beginner icon and got mutilated. how do i fighting game
awful.

Are there any rooms with space for a beginner?

Welcome to Online play. Just gotta practice and get better. If you're on the PS3 you can join us in the GAF lobby.

deim0s

Can you make some Aigis avatars? :D

ovodd.png
HOSDH.png

Beats

Did anyone else's game freeze? The music is still playing but everything is frozen.

Nah. The lobby is still going.

*death glare*

Hard to defense against Labrys players given I don't know anything about her due to the fact that almost nobody picks her. >.<;

You should probably try messing around with the characters you aren't familiar with for a couple of minutes just so you can see what sort of stuff they can do and what you might have to watch out for.

TWILT

Banned
Yeaaah, something's going on with the lobby. After someone wins a round, I can't spectate matches anymore...

EDIT: Annnd now it's working fine...huh.

I'm starting to get a tiny bit comfortable with using Akihiko's dodges. This is boding fairly well.

Hey what's wrong with her accent? :(

Hard to defense against Labrys players given I don't know anything about her due to the fact that almost nobody picks her. >.<;

Dunno! It's just grating at times. It might also be because they tried to direct a Boston accent but not doing a great job at it. That could be "wahssah mattah" with it to me. :p

I haven't even tried going online yet because I'm afraid of how bad it's gonna be on 360.

Sophia

You should probably try messing around with the characters you aren't familiar with for a couple of minutes just so you can see what sort of stuff they can do and what you might have to watch out for.

I was doing that earlier, but I got too tired. My original plan of going through arcade mode with everyone fell through when I got too distracted with Aigis. XD

Yeaaah, something's going on with the lobby. After someone wins a round, I can't spectate matches anymore...

EDIT: Annnd now it's working fine...huh.

Something weeeird is going on with the current match. This is like the third game in a row they've played.... and the stream times out every time.

Dunno! It's just grating at times. It might also be because they tried to direct a Boston accent but not doing a great job at it. That could be "wahssah mattah" with it to me. :p

I haven't even tried going online yet because I'm afraid of how bad it's gonna be on 360.

I find it rather charming. It's intentionally not suppose to be 100% accurate of a Boston accent (they even mention this at the start of her story mode.)

I find it rather charming. It's intentionally not suppose to be 100% accurate of a Boston accent (they even mention this at the start of her story mode.)

I haven't really heard it enough to get used to it yet since I really only played Yu's story, but that last part is interesting. O: Makes me want to get to her story now, too. ):

Noi

lol, the lobby is kinda fucked. Gonna pass since I went on for way too long anyway.

Marrshu keeps getting hit by those stray fans~

Sophia

Welp, time to add Aigis to the list of character I hate fighting against.

Dude your connection is messed up, lol. The whole game just froze for me, and I wanted to save that replay. ._.

Good match tho. Still can't believe I avoided that instant kill.

so I have to counter pick, this whole slab business is dumb. They don't even have to block with the persona because majority of the hits don't even take a card away.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Sounds like there's a ton of people playing this on PS3. I wonder why fighters aren't as popular on the 360.

Is it the fact that you have to get a different controller to be able to play them properly?

Nyoro SF

Sounds like there's a ton of people playing this on PS3. I wonder why fighters aren't as popular on the 360.

Is it the fact that you have to get a different controller to be able to play them properly?

360 online is borked for a bit, so 360 guys are stalling for time by playing story mode.

Tomat

360 online is borked for a bit, so 360 guys are stalling for time by playing story mode.

Yeah I get that, but I don't think that's always the case a launch. I'm wondering they 360 fighters seem to be less popular than the PS3 versions in general.
*edit*
Just noticed I'm one of the top ten posters in this thread and I still haven't even opened my copy yet. This is kind of sad :|

Noi

It's because it's a Persona game. The entire series has primarily been on Sony systems, so it's not a stretch that the vast majority of the people interested own PS3s, in addition to wanting to keep it all in one place. That and right now, the online play in the 360 version is fucked.

Tomat

It's because it's a Persona game. The entire series has primarily been on Sony systems, so it's not a stretch that the vast majority of the people interested own PS3s, in addition to wanting to keep it all in one place. That and right now, the online play in the 360 version is fucked.
I completely forgot to take that into consideration.

Sophia

Just noticed I'm one of the top ten posters in this thread and I still haven't even opened my copy yet. This is kind of sad :|

Kind of? ;p

Well, nobody will ever catch me now I think, because I talk too much and get too obsessive. ;_;

Not to mention all the Japanese players are on the PS3 as well.

TWILT

Banned
Yeah, someone should rehost the lobby. I'm gonna take a 10-15 minute break, though send me an invite when you have time.

GGs everyone.

BlackJace

If you tallied everything said in this thread, it'd be everyone who uses Mitsuru and Yukiko.
KuGsj.gif

No Narukami domination? Must fix. Hopefully I get some good matches in tomorrow with some Gaffers. Only one I've played is EVOL 100%, and he smacked the shit out of me :p

Top Bottom