• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Sophia

Woo, Labrys' story is now completed, so I can complete all of these other stories now!

Did you cry?

Wow you own us all

And someone send me an invite plz

I have been told that I talk too much when I get excited, but personally I do not think I talk too much at all!

honestly this is the chars i seen the most

Yu
Akihiko
Chie
Yukiko
Yosuke
Kanji
Mitsu
Teddie
slab
Aigis

0 lab

Guess I'm not really surprised by that list. Shadow Labrys and Aigis are the very definition of Difficult, But Awesome.

No Narukami domination? Must fix. Hopefully I get some good matches in tomorrow with some Gaffers. Only one I've played is EVOL 100%, and he smacked the shit out of me :p

honestly this is the chars i seen the most

Yu
Akihiko
Chie
Yukiko
Yosuke
Kanji
Mitsu
Teddie
slab
Aigis

0 lab

Hmm, I have yet to run into Yukiko. I wanna see if I can counter her fans with some Zios.

Don't. Your best bet is just to dive all day. Shit is stupid. Also slide goes under fans.

Everytime a Yu wants to zios I always win. because I can keep the projectile pressure while sending my persona full screen upward or forward.

Last night I was able to get a pretty flawless match with a friend from New York. There was zero lag so it gives me some hope in the 360 netcode until the patch comes out for the time being. I still get a lot of laggy ones though.

And for anyone that ever wants to play, shoot me a message and I'll gladly respond depending on what I'm doing at the time. :)

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh they should have put in a system where instant kills require both players to be under 35% or something.

Was on match point and dominating a Yu player. I had like 90% hp and he was down to around <10%. Used Aigis' gatling cannon meaty from fullscreen and he does instant kill wakeup which hit fullscreen and cheesed the match.

Sophia

Ugh they should have put in a system where instant kills require both players to be under 35% or something.

Was on match point and dominating a Yu player. I had like 90% hp and he was down to around <10%. Used Aigis' gatling cannon meaty from fullscreen and he does instant kill wakeup which hit fullscreen and cheesed the match.

That would make them useless however. The whole point of an instant kill is precisely for that situation you were in. :p

And Yu's instant is easily blockable.

Noi

BlazBlue works like that. They're useless and never used because by the time you have 35% Hp left, using 100 meter used on a single attack that is very likely to miss when you can instead use it on EX attacks or other supers is stupid.

In here, it's 100 meter that you can use to win the match, but can still be evaded and but they're not easy to land. In your case, you left yourself wide open to it at fullscreen.

...Speaking of IKs, what's the trigger for Liz's? Having the shield hit 3 times?

Fake edit: Terrible time for GAF to go down.

BlackJace

Don't. Your best bet is just to dive all day. Shit is stupid. Also slide goes under fans.

Everytime a Yu wants to zios I always win. because I can keep the projectile pressure while sending my persona full screen upward or forward.

Haha, everyone I've played against falls to my Zios. No one has really blocked them yet. I guess I just use them at the right time or something.

And yeah, Swift Strike (slide) has proven invaluable so far.

BlazBlue works like that. They're useless and never used because by the time you have 35% Hp left, that 100 meter used on a single attack that is very likely to hit when you can use it on EX attacks or other supers is stupid.

In here, it's 100 meter that you can use to win the match, but can be evaded due to the very telltale "I can use my IK now" flash.

...Speaking of IKs, what's the trigger for Liz's? Having the shield hit 3 times?

Fake edit: Terrible time for GAF to go down.

Rules changed in cs1... As long as it's match point (as in, you will win the set if you win the round), you have burst, have 100% meter and opponent is under 35%, you can use your astral.

cj_iwakura

BlazBlue works like that. They're useless and never used because by the time you have 35% Hp left, using 100 meter used on a single attack that is very likely to miss when you can instead use it on EX attacks or other supers is stupid.

In here, it's 100 meter that you can use to win the match, but can still be evaded and but they're not easy to land. In your case, you left yourself wide open to it at fullscreen.

Pretty sure you just hit it and you die.

Noi

Rules changed in cs1... As long as it's match point (as in, you will win the set if you win the round), you have burst, have 100% meter and opponent is under 35%, you can use your astral.

Oh, I know the conditions for it since CS1. I just skimmed over them cause it was mostly the 35% bit he mentioned, but it using the burst up was also a reason it never got used.

Pretty sure you just hit it and you die.

You got hit multiple times one time when you cast it and it didn't trigger during the lobby just now...

cj_iwakura

Oh, I know the conditions for it since CS1. I just skimmed over them cause it was mostly the 35% bit he mentioned, but it using the burst up was also a reason it never got used.

You got hit multiple times one time when you cast it and it didn't trigger during the lobby just now...

Not from the front.

OceanBlue

Shuffle time is so lame. Completely safe 3 character wide throw that can be kara'd. WHY?!?!?!?!??!??!

It's the only DP you can tech on reaction in a game where grabs are easy to tech. All you need to do to punish it is to jump. In my opinion, it's an awful DP.

LProtag

Taking a break.

Anyone have any decent Narukami combos that start with 2B? I'm trying 2B>5B>5C>214D>236236C/214214D but it's kinda not very good of a combo and I usually can't get the super cancel at the end anyway.

Noi

If there's still a room going, you should invite me! <3

There was a lobby going on just now, but it went poof a moment ago. Dunno if anyone is playing.

Not from the front.

You did! I forgot who you were fighting, but there was one person who stopped for a moment, then hit the shield twice before it went away and did nothing. I know I've done Liz's KI challenge a few times and Izanagi hits the shield once or twice but nothing happens.

Kind of hate fighting against Yu's since they have the best DP in the game. Completely invincible and can mash out of anything with it.

Labrys' on the other hand. In most cases using it doesn't work out. They block it easily and you just eat more damage.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Kind of hate fighting against Mitsuru since they have the best DP in the game. Completely invincible and can mash out of anything with it.

Labrys' on the other hand. In most cases using it doesn't work out. They block it easily and you just eat more damage.

Fixed that for you

Competitively as in tournaments? I played in a gg one I got 3rd place in after not playing the game for 6 months. Besides that I haven't played any at a real competitive level. All netplay or training mode

Hm. You were straight up bodying me last night. Shit was so one sided. I think I only won 2-3 rounds out of like 10 games +.

You even went with Lab, a match that should be easier. I'm free to that crossup jump attack and corner pressure.

TWILT

Banned
Going through story mode now. Kanji's is amazing :lol.
Taking a break.

Anyone have any decent Narukami combos that start with 2B? I'm trying 2B>5B>5C>214D>236236C/214214D but it's kinda not very good of a combo and I usually can't get the super cancel at the end anyway.

If they're in the corner, I try to go 2B>5B>5C>2B>5B>5C>214D>Ziodyne C/Cross Slash

If they're right in the middle, a combo I like to do is 2B>5B>5C>214D>BURST>214B>5C>2C>Ziodyne C. Uses burst though, so...

2B>5B>2AB>5D>Reset can work if you want to reset/try to bring them into the corner.

Oh yeah, if you're trying to end a combo with Cross Slash, make sure all 3 hits of 214D hits before cancelling into it.

Talking in number notation is weird.

Played a game online with the 360 against a Yosuke...... my fault. The netcode is still rough, like really rough. I'm sure it'll come around, so no worries.

btw, I did win the match (making me undefeated in P4A). The lag made it really hard to block alot of Yosuke's stuff. He was all over the place! Could have gone either way, but an awakening super combined with Yukiko's fire break was all she wrote! I LOVE Yukiko and her gimmicks/set-ups

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The road to getting good at anything is a long one and will require patience plus tons of time on your end to put into it.

You have so much to cover to learn that there's really no wrong way to go about it. If you are using a controller, first thing I would check is how consistent your execution is. Can you do 50 quarter circle foward + button in a row without missing one to make the move come out for your character? On both sides of the screen? If so, then you're probably up to snuff on execution. If you suck and can only do like 4 then the 5th is botched, then it might be time to just work in training mode on getting consistent on just QCF motions, or hell if you're serious, invest in an arcade stick.

Some solid things to do to get better:

Learn to block properly. This means cross ups, high lows, etc. There's no reason to know solid combos if you can never pull them off since you are always getting opened up to be destroyed.

Learn 1-2 simple, yet effective combos that you can use as your go to's whenever you confirm a hit on someone. If right now that's AAAAAA then fine, go for it.

Learn other characters and what they are capable of. If you've never fought a Labrys, then how can you defeat one in a fight? A good work around is to just go into the training mode or challenge mode with each character and do some of the trials just to see how their moves work so you have a better knowledge of what an opponent is doing in the fight with that character.

Practice,practice,practice. If you want to do ranked for the practice go for it. Private matches? Do that. Local fight? Works too. You just need to be taking the information you will be gathering and put it to use.

Above all don't get flustered about losing. I probably lost 200 matches in a row in SF4 until I had a miracle break through to get my first win. It takes work.
Awww, you are all grown up now. ;_; Brings a tear to my eyes.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
ovodd.png
HOSDH.png

Aigis so pretty. *_*

Oy...

I'd be down for some matches in a lobby, but when I got home from work and I instantly dozed off and fell asleep for about 2 hours. Still feeling the effects of it. I'm just not in the right mind and I know I'll play like shit.

Top Bottom