• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Solune

We don't need to...

... you just admitted that Aigis is bestet character. Does YOUR character look as awesome in a suit? Naaah!

Bestet ? gagaga. I don't know, I think Deim0s should make a Mitsuru in a suit avatar so that we can judge.
Not so I can steal the avatar =O

LProtag

2B>5B>2AB>5D>Reset can work if you want to reset/try to bring them into the corner

I'm trying to learn this 5D combo:
2A > 2B > 2A+B > {5D} > QE > 5D (5DD Hit) > 5B > 2B > 5C > 5B > 2B > 5C > 214D/Reset with 2A+B

It's going to be a while, but this makes great use of the delayed Izanagi attacks.

I'm also trying to learn how to use the 5D pressure in the corner or on knockdown, but it's been failing me so far.

ovodd.png
HOSDH.png

<3 Took the first

Honestly fighting yu online is basically "ok time to play stupid mode". Like they will do the most dumb/unsafe move over and over again. And with somebody with low hp and 1 set its like ughhhh. It is literally flowchart ken.

Um, so like, 2B is the number of times you press B? Sorry still confused -.-

look at your keyboard. 2 is down, while 1 is down back (p1 side).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Honestly fighting yu online is basically "ok time to play stupid mode". Like they will do the most dumb/unsafe move over and over again. And with somebody with low hp and 1 set its like ughhhh. It is literally flowchart ken.

The sooner you realize this the faster you can plow through them. Always spend the first round playing a little half ass so you can understand how the other person plays

Does Kanji's story mode touch on anything
homosexually inclined? A simple yes/no will do.

Also, I'm totally jealous of everyone playing.

remist

I'd be up to join a lobby if there's any going on. I'm completely free and might be a waste of your time if you're any good.

PSN:hunter04200

Nexas

Oh man, Kanji's joke ending is probably the best thing I've seen in this game yet. Please tell the other characters have stuff this good.

Fuck out zoning a zoner. I just sit there with shadow lab and do my taxes in the meantime sorry guys you gotta come to me after I land a hit and if you don't I won :p

basically this. The match is so free. The slab user has no real threat of getting persona broken before yours gets broken so that means the persona can do whatever the fuck he feels like while you have to hold that mixup/pressure to your chest.

If I was interested in getting a basic but decent fightstick for this game, what would you guys recommend, and why? I have virtually no experience with them, but I can already tell it'd make playing the game a lot more fun.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
basically this. The match is so free. The slab user has no real threat of getting persona broken before yours gets broken so that means the persona can do whatever the fuck he feels like while you have to hold that mixup/pressure to your chest.

You should try to set up some of those fire traps or do the ground flame idk basicly all you got, but its not like s.lab cant just go lol and manual block with it. I like using Yukiko as well, but I don't know how to use her that well yet. But setting up fire traps is fucking hilarious. Also the fact her fans are all cancelable feels awesome. But she feels really fucking strict to play properly like well Nu/Lambda

mollipen

You can, its just you can't do it from full screen. You have to be in a range where the yukiko feels threaten enough not to use dia since the recovery is ASS and there is no hitbox after the initial hit.

Yeah, I still get punished every time I try to use it as a close-range technique. You CAN do so, but it's real easy to screw up.

The reason for Labrys' silly accent:

If you switch to Japanese voices, shes speakes in Kansai ben. Traditionally localizers, when dubbing in English try to equate it with a Southern or Brooklyn style accent.

If you've ever watched YuGiOh, Joey Wheeler is another character that speaks in Kansai ben. And if you hear his English voice equivalent...

The More You Know.

You should try to set up some of those fire traps or do the ground flame idk basicly all you got, but its not like s.lab cant just go lol and manual block with it

Yeah. Even then you can jump over it, or have your persona take the hit and I have to deal with the recovery of the move while slab can do whatever setup she wants. The only option I see is setting up a blockstring (rofl) and doing an ex firebomb and hope you don't persona block it?

So far these are the worst matchups are from my experience

yukiko vs slab
liz vs mitsuru
akihiko/kanji vs yukiko

Chie stands a better chance imo over akihiko against yukiko but its still a hard matchup. Chie does have a better oki game thus making it hard on yukiko since there are only 2 reversal moves she has (dia and awakening super).

TWILT

Banned
Is that diagonal downward sword dive from Yu air unblockable?

It's an overhead. You gotta block high against that.

EDIT: Misread.

EDIT 2: After testing it against a practice dummy set to block everything while jumping, no it's not air unblockable.

Top Bottom