• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Toski

Does anybody else on the PS3 version have the problem of the game staying on "Disconnecting" after a connection error? Its happened twice and I have to restart the game.

LProtag

If they're in the corner, I try to go 2B>5B>5C>2B>5B>5C>214D>Ziodyne C/Cross Slash

I'm surprising myself with how well I'm able to do this combo, at least in training mode.

Do you normally let both hits of 2B come out or just combo after the first? I find that it's easier with the first because the rhythm gets a little wonky when you try for 2.

LProtag

Liz has been blowing me up the most out of everyone in ranked.

I should probably stop playing ranked because my losses are going to pile up soon...

I never played a zoning character in any fighter. dudley in 3s, mag/sent/doom in mvc2, shulk/wolv/akuma in mvc3/umvc3.

This is the first time I picked a zoning character but its not like brain dead zoning where I want to keep you full screen away and turn off my brain. I really enjoy yukiko a lot more than I expected. But alas I will have to pickup a sub character that does welll against yukiko's bad matchups.

This game is amazingly fun. The most fun I have had in a fighter since 3s.

Liz has been blowing me up the most out of everyone in ranked.

I should probably stop playing ranked because my losses are going to pile up soon...

What rank are you? I've only fought 1 eliz this whole day.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Junpei d00d, I'm waiting on you.

So much for that "try me," bit.

TWILT

Banned
I'm surprising myself with how well I'm able to do this combo, at least in training mode.

Do you normally let both hits of 2B come out or just combo after the first? I find that it's easier with the first because the rhythm gets a little wonky when you try for 2.

Just the first 2B. The 2nd one pushes Yu too far back to hit with both hits.

Onemic

Give me your PSN if you still want to see how bad I suck.

PSN: onem1c

Junpei d00d, I'm waiting on you.

So much for that "try me," bit.

Ha!

Getting pizza so i'll be afk for about 20-25min

Mitsuru's one hit kill is so garbage, won't even punish a whiffed Yu dp :-(

I actually get it a lot....You just need to bait people into thinking you're on the defensive and let them go crazy with some offense, then bam! Seems to work on Elizabeth a lot as she has loads of recovery time since she's so zoning focused.

LProtag

Just the first 2B. The 2nd one pushes Yu too far back to hit with both hits.

I've got it to work with using two hits but the last 5C doesn't hit.

Anyway, I've got to work on adding the super at the end. I always drop the super, but at least I can do the first and second parts, just gotta link them now.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
The sheer awesomeness of Labrys' design has my hype for P5's potential through the roof.

What is it that you like about her? I don't think she looks bad, but art wise she doesn't seem to really stand out from the rest of the cast IMO. No clue what her personality is like though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
After Catherine, if we get high school kids again I'm gonna lose my shit.

I agree with this. It would make sense to have an older environment if the old characters return for the major events that will go down in p5 as well. Because well they will be MAJOR.

...I think she belongs in some random anime instead of my Persona. :(
She fits as much as aegis does. Honestly this games story wouldn't even exist without her.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Elizabeth's IK is pretty hard to land. You'd think "on opponent attack" would mean ANY. But NOPE. Seems to have to be a projectile that hits the circle (so if they punch you they go through it) for it to activate. Took me like five attempts to land it on arcade mode. And I thought Teddies (landing in random areas) was bad...

Sloosha

transition from Stand C to Goddess Shield(c). I land the hits perfectly, but Goddess Shield never lands.

Going to take another break, thumb is hurt and I'm getting irritated again.

No. 17? You just have to start buffering the super as soon as you press C.

Aigis is so awesome. Was going to join the Chie army, but I think I'll stick with Aigis for now.

Yuripaw

Banned
After Catherine, if we get high school kids again I'm gonna lose my shit.

Isn't that a staple of the Persona games though? I mean, that's part of what makes them the kind of games they are. I'm not against it, but I don't see them changing it up for the same reason. Where else would you participate in so many different activities, and have potential for so many social links?

I agree with this. It would make sense to have an older environment if the old characters return for the major events that will go down in p5 as well. Because well they will be MAJOR

I want all new characters.

Isn't that a staple of the Persona games though? I mean, that's part of what makes them the kind of games they are. I'm not against it, but I don't see them changing it up for the same reason. Where else would you participate in so many different activities, and have potential for so many social links?

Eternal Punishment was the best.

cj_iwakura

What is it that you like about her? I don't think she looks bad, but art wise she doesn't seem to really stand out from the rest of the cast IMO. No clue what her personality is like though.

Her personality adds a lot, and mostly Ariadne's design. Soejima's pretty ace at that.

Tomat

I want all new characters.
Sorta ditto on this. I wouldn't mind some returning characters, but new characters wouldn't be bad either.

Let us play as a middle aged salaryman who is on the verge of going insane from balancing his heavy work load and the whatever shadow world Persona 5 features.

Well the main cast will be new of course. But old characters will come back for sure. I dont know if you did story mode yet but if you played persona 1 and 2 then you know whats going to go down soonish

The problem is I only got like 5 hours into Persona 4 so I dunno what the fuck.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Persona 2 EP did it and incorporated characters from the previous game. No reason P5 couldn't do the same with P3+P4 while still having a new older cast.

Sophia

I really need a better gamepad, or a stick. Why did the 360 version have to have such an awful playercount and netplay? ;_;

mollipen

She fits as much as aegis does. Honestly this games story wouldn't even exist without her.

It's just that personally, I don't like her design - I think it's way below Aigis' - and I just really don't want more robots in the story. (And to be clear, I didn't like the addition of Metis either.)

Tomat

I really need a better gamepad, or a stick. Why did the 360 version have to have such an awful playercount and netplay? ;_;
I'm confident they'll fix the net play, but this makes me sad :(

Ok, I'm pretty sure I've maxed out this meterless combo off sweep for Mitsuru.
Sweep xx Coup Droit B, 2A 2B xx Aegis Reflector C, B(charge) xx Sweep xx Coup Droit B, 2A xx Marin Karin
3750 damage

Now that I have a finished combo, I've been using it as a skeleton to apply to other situations for Mitsu. I have similar combos off of throw, overhead and frame traps. I feel like I have a pretty good understanding of how Mitsuru's frame data works at this point.

Persona 2 EP did it and incorporated characters from the previous game. No reason P5 couldn't do the same with P3+P4 while still having a new older cast.

EP and IS are one game.

.JayZii

Banned

College? Even an office or other work environment could work. But It'll probably stay high school and just add adults to the party if they change it up at all.

Top Bottom