• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Onemic

Why did you leave Seks? You could have seen what I do to get in on YUkiko. Although it by all means isn't expert level, it would have given you a good idea on what to do.

Noi

@cj_iwakura:

It was bothering me, so I went into training mode and tested out Liz' Megidolaon. As I thought, the IK is triggered when the shield is hit 3 times. They don't have to be in a row though. Say you manage to cast the shield twice in a round, if the opponent hit it twice the first time and once the second time, it'll still cast the IK on the third hit. Obviously, if you can bait an attack like Yukiko's 5C, Aki's Kill Rush or a multi-hitting super, it'll work on the first cast.

Fun fact: While testing this out, I did Aki's Maziodyne to see if it triggered Megidolaon, but because it strikes the full screen, it triggers the IK but Elizabeth gets hit out of it at the very beginning of the IK animation.

MechaX

Day 2 and... still getting bodied for the most part. I'm hoping stuff clicks fast so I can at least start having some good matches and fun.

Noi

Quick tip Marrshu, don't throw out your persona against Mitsuru recklessly as Yukiko, her sword has a longer than than most of it's attacks. You'll get Persona Break'd in seconds.

Sophia

Is there a guide for the story mode? I thought I beat it with Yu but didn't get an achievement.

If you only got a silver medal next to his name, you got the normal ending. The achievements are for true endings (which have golden medals) and cannot be obtained right away. Just keep playing other story modes until it tills you can continue from the cliffhangers.

Wow, the ending for story mode is kind of bullshit.

If you mean the true endings, yeah it's my only complaint.
Everything is hitting it's climax, shit is getting REAL, game changer for the entire Persona franchise, and it just... ends? Wat?

for new yukikos. You can do a neat little trick by doing 1D (i believe) and send the persona right behind them and do 5C or 2C and it'll hit behind them and they have almost no way to attack the persona since its behind them.

ido

Honest question: I want to like this game, but I am a diehard mvc2 player that thought Skullgirls was slow and boring.

Does this game have a chance to impress me at all?

If you mean the true endings, yeah it's my only complaint.
Everything is hitting it's climax, shit is getting REAL, game changer for the entire Persona franchise, and it just... ends? Wat?
Lol seriously, what the fuck were they thinking. Its like ending persona 4 by only catching the murderer. What happened to reaching out to the truth?

They might have a sequel, but I dont know how they would oechestrate forced battles like they did hear.

boosh5

Banned
I'm having a really hard time with Mitsuru's specials. Charging back while trying to do something else throws me way off, but is occasionally do-able. The other one, bufula, where you charge down before pressing up and attack completely baffles me though.

Is there some basic concept I'm missing that will make those easier?

Noi

for new yukikos. You can do a neat little trick by doing 1D (i believe) and send the persona right behind them and do 5C or 2C and it'll hit behind them and they have almost no way to attack the persona since its behind them.

You mean the overhead, right? 1D, 2D and 3D make it come out at different distances and all.

Sophia

Oh man, sorry. In my end it's working fine, I guess it's not for others.

I was wondering if it was much of a slideshow for you and Noi as it looked like spectating. I'm honestly surprised it didn't cut me out of the spectator mode then, because that was like single frames there. >_>;

Did any of you guys just send me a friend invite? If it was it'd be nice if you said who you were on your message :|

Sorry, that was me. I was going through the PersonaGAF googledoc looking for players and checking to see if there were any notes about preferences. Didn't see any for you so I sent a request your way.

EVOL 100%

I was wondering if it was much of a slideshow for you and Noi as it looked like spectating. I'm honestly surprised it didn't cut me out of the spectator mode then, because that was like single frames there. >_>;

Really? That sucks. To me, the first few seconds are laggy, but then quickly begins to work as intended. No trouble in using combos ect.

Guess that pretty much rules out playing with GAF members :/

Sophia

Really? That sucks. To me, the first few seconds are laggy, but then quickly begins to work as intended. No trouble in using combos ect.

Guess that pretty much rules out playing with GAF members :/

Yeah, it was weird. Our first game was fine. Not sure why that second one was a mess.

I hope TheSeks isn't too discouraged, I'd like to see another good Akihiko player.

Noi

I've been pretty much lagless for every single one of my matches, some first few second iffyness aside. ._.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yeah 1 D is believe is full screen away, while 3 D is the closest. I don't have it memorized yet but its in muscle memory.

You have it backwards (assuming facing right). 1 is close, 3 is fullscreen. Same with her standing D, 4 is close and 6 is fullscreen.

Also applies to her B normals both crouching and in the air (standing just alters speed).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ok hopping on to play now, I'll get games in with people in the order posted :p

Edit: AND THEN MY FRIEND TEXT ME TO COME OVER LOL .... sorry guys D:

Mecha

P4A all night on Wednesday Night Fights with over 70+ attending the tournament. I'm pretty impressed with all of this.

Sophia

Labrys is ridiculously adorable. I'm surprised at how much I like her!

After finishing her story mode, she quickly became my favorite character storywise. Aigis's story mode only sweetened the deal given she's my favorite P3 character. :3

Getting thrashed pretty thoroughly online. I knew it would take awhile to get the hang of this, discouraging none the less.

Keep at it, and play with GAF if you can, they'll show you the ropes. I was getting my ass kicked at first too, but now I'm starting to win consistently.

Top Bottom