• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm really having trouble getting the hang of Akihiko's counter. Is the A+B one the only one worth using?

vall03

just got the game and for some reason Im enjoying it and Im not even a big fighting game fan also loving the remixes of some music which are really good. Now Im wondering if its worth it to invest on an arcade stick? Preferably a universal one, since I also want to use it on my 360 arcade shooters. One last thing, does difficulty affect the trophies/achievements?

Shito

For all of you people wondering one or two pages back about online grades: it seems to only work on straight victories / losses.
For everything below C- grade I'm pretty sure I needed two straight victories against someone of my grade or above to rank up, starting from C- grade I need three straight victories against someone of my grade or above.
Ranking down seems to work the same: I ranked up to C+ yesterday, lost 2 or 3 matches in a row (don't remember exactly, but I think it was 3), and I ranked down to C.

It has nothing to do with PSR or winning ratio. Just straight wins/losses.

Sophia

just got the game and for some reason Im enjoying it and Im not even a big fighting game fan also loving the remixes of some music which are really good. Now Im wondering if its worth it to invest on an arcade stick? Preferably a universal one, since I also want to use it on my 360 arcade shooters. One last thing, does difficulty affect the trophies/achievements?

For your arcade stick question: Yes if you intend to use it for other games or you're heavily invested in fighters.

For your second one: No achievements/trophies that are affected by difficult as far as I know. There are a couple that require Challenge mode (somewhat hard) and Score Attack mode (GOD HELP YOU.) which are harder than the average difficulty. =P

vall03

For your arcade stick question: Yes if you intend to use it for other games or you're heavily invested in fighters.

For your second one: No achievements/trophies that are affected by difficult as far as I know. There are a couple that require Challenge mode (somewhat hard) and Score Attack mode (GOD HELP YOU.) which are harder than the average difficulty. =P

thanks! how much does universal arcade sticks cost though? I really have no idea about this.

Also my name glitched out and says I'm a leaver even though I've completed every game I've played :(

What exactly does being a leaver look like for the searcher and leaver? I haven't seen any differences in anyone's name (they mention a red name but I haven't seen it) during matchmaking and I'd like to avoid (legit) leavers but I don't even know if I can see them if I'm not one myself.

alstein

thanks! how much does universal arcade sticks cost though? I really have no idea about this.

Qanbas/Eightarcs are the sticks that run PS3/360/PC. They run about 160-180 USD

If you can get a TE from Madcatz around 100 (360 version), they can be dual-modded by folks and the overall cost is a bit cheaper on average.

MechaX

Man, I think I may hold off on Aigis for a little bit. I'm doing far better as Naoto (and I'm not even doing all that great as her even).

I'm still pretty terrible though and still trying to learn the stick (even to the point where I'm flubbing simple QCFs and dash motions). With that said, it is disheartening that most of Naoto's real BnBs involve either the SMP loop or IADs.

vall03

Qanbas/Eightarcs are the sticks that run PS3/360/PC. They run about 160-180 USD

If you can get a TE from Madcatz around 100 (360 version), they can be dual-modded by folks and the overall cost is a bit cheaper on average.

crap, those are expensive! guess I'll stick with controllers for a while then...

Sophia

crap, those are expensive! guess I'll stick with controllers for a while then...

Don't think universal sticks are going to come cheap. I'm looking at potentially asking for an Eightarc as a Christmas/Birthday gift, but that's still quite a bit away... :\

The WWE sticks were good cheap beginner ones I hear tho. Not universal, but cheap enough you could potentially buy two, one for each system.

B00TE

My Chie vs Naoto is like a 50/50 match up right now. Seems to come down to whoever can carry momentum in the first few seconds of a fight.

What exactly does being a leaver look like for the searcher and leaver? I haven't seen any differences in anyone's name (they mention a red name but I haven't seen it) during matchmaking and I'd like to avoid (legit) leavers but I don't even know if I can see them if I'm not one myself.

Well, if they don‘t have a red name it‘s fine, you can clearly see it before accepting a match.

Miragith

Any tips for when to activate 236236D after j214A/B? I threw a game against a FC Hak because I whiffed the special completely. @_@

I'm pretty sure Chrig G was streaming last night under that name. His Elizabeth is really good.

Still can't decide on who to main :(.
So far I'm liking Yukiko, Akihiko, and Mitsuru.

i think i'm finally getting the hang of comboing after garu

let's see how long it takes me to think to do it in a match . . .

anywhere i can find videos of chris g's play?

Ken

I'm pretty sure Chrig G was streaming last night under that name. His Elizabeth is really good.

Still can't decide on who to main :(.
So far I'm liking Yukiko, Akihiko, and Mitsuru.

Nooooo. Yeah his Elizabeth had some killer combos. He beat me the first round, I beat him the second round, and on the third round I whiffed my 236236D at Red Axe level which would have won the game. Oh well, at least I won 1 round against him. @_@

I'll add you in the morning, Apharmd.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

vall03

Don't think universal sticks are going to come cheap. I'm looking at potentially asking for an Eightarc as a Christmas/Birthday gift, but that's still quite a bit away... :\

The WWE sticks were good cheap beginner ones I hear tho. Not universal, but cheap enough you could potentially buy two, one for each system.

wow! these are totally cheap and it seems people are recommending it for beginners. Im really tempted now, the designs can be removed right? Anyway, I have another question, are DLCs compatible with any region regardless on which account was used to buy the content? I mean, my account is US but my game is R3(Asia)

Sophia

Wow, I just had the most amazing Aigis mirror match. Final round and it came down to me having just slightly more health at the timer running at. Woooow. o_o

brettreyu

wow! these are totally cheap and it seems people are recommending it for beginners. Im really tempted now, the designs can be removed right? Anyway, I have another question, are DLCs compatible with any region regardless on which account was used to buy the content? I mean, my account is US but my game is R3(Asia)

The designs can be removed very easily but on the standard Brawl/Fight Sticks they can't be put back on, not a big deal.

The best part hands down about that stick is that official sanwa push buttons and joysticks just drop right in, absolutely zero mods necessary. MadCatz designed it that way. For 30 bucks that's an absolute steal for the guts and case.

LegatoB

If your disc's Asian, you need to buy the DLC from an Asian PSN store, using an Asian PSN account. (Getting a point card is left as an exercise to the reader.) But once you've purchased the content on an Asian store account and installed it on your PS3, it can be used by any account on your system, including a US one.

To be totally super clear: you cannot use the US DLC with a Japanese/Asian/European disc copy of the game.

Wow, I was looking at the DLC and see that the announcers have to be paid for. That's kind of bullshit. I thought it would just be colours. This looks like a key unlock given that its displayed in the gallery. Ugh.

EVOL 100%

Wow, I was looking at the DLC and see that the announcers have to be paid for. That's kind of bullshit. I thought it would just be colours. This looks like a key unlock given that its displayed in the gallery. Ugh.

I'm pretty sure you can unlock the announcers by just playing the game.

zlatko

Banned
Considering stopping Yosuke for now to invest time in other characters. Was feeling Elizabeth combos in challenge mode, and still really dig Akihiko just because of his giant health and damage pool.

I got bodied hella free yesterday. Had a 60% win ratio and destroyed it to 40%ish. Most losses came to Naoto players. That match up is a bit rough for my scrub Yosuke.

vall03

If you have questions, just pop into the arcade stick thread, we'll help you out! :D

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=40126503

modifying is too much for me actually, Im still not sure whether Im going to take this seriously or not. Im not really a big fighting game fan tbh.

If your disc's Asian, you need to buy the DLC from an Asian PSN store, using an Asian PSN account. (Getting a point card is left as an exercise to the reader.) But once you've purchased the content on an Asian store account and installed it on your PS3, it can be used by any account on your system, including a US one.

To be totally super clear: you cannot use the US DLC with a Japanese/Asian/European disc copy of the game.

aw, currently have no funds on my Asian account so I was hoping it would work with a US account. Oh well, dont mind missing out on the DLC.

Top Bottom