• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Sophia

It‘s brilliant bs honestly. Make the thing unlockable but harder than hell; most people will just rather buy it than going through hours of frustration (HI SCORE ATTACK).

If that's your idea of brilliant, then I hope you never work in marketing. It cheapens the relationship between the consumer and the publisher/developer. Makes the game look bad.

And Score Attack is indeed bullshit.

BlackJace

Yeeeeah, I can't even get pass game 2 of Score Attack. They should rename to ultimate mode or something. Score Attack sounds so docile and inviting.

EVOL 100%

Yeeeeah, I can't even get pass game 2 of Score Attack. They should rename to ultimate mode or something. Score Attack sounds so docile and inviting.

I played one match and decided that it was bullshit not worth my time.

Maybe someone will find a way to cheese it.

Sophia

It's not even Score Attack. It's Unlimited Mars Mode, the worst fucking idea in the history of video game modes. :p

According to Gamefaqs score attack mode doesn't unlock anything bar achievements I think.

I've heard lots of things. I dunno what's right, but I hope GameFAQS is, because I'd like to ignore that shitstain of a mode as long as I live.

So what do you get for getting the Score Attack mode trophies?:

Lv. 6 Score Attack
Complete Score Attack
Complete Score Attack with all Characters

If that's your idea of brilliant, then I hope you never work in marketing. It cheapens the relationship between the consumer and the publisher/developer. Makes the game look bad.

And Score Attack is indeed bullshit.

It‘s brilliant in that it avoids the whole disc-locked drama by giving the consumer the option to get the content for free while still making dlc the most likely way people will get it (colors and glasses is pure bs though). Pretty evil, yeah, but effective.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It has the gold versions right? Fuck that shit x_X

First you had to clear ex shadow characters who had infinite super, then after that you fight shadow characters as normal matches then fight ex gold characters. I used to beat this on weekends for fun haha it's how my srk timing with ky got so good I learned to focus and spot frame for frame shit cause the cpu would gain up to 5x movement speed on EVERYTHING LOL

Volcynika

First you had to clear ex shadow characters who had infinite super, then after that you fight shadow characters as normal matches then fight ex gold characters. I used to beat this on weekends for fun haha it's how my srk timing with ky got so good I learned to focus and spot frame for frame shit cause the cpu would gain up to 5x movement speed on EVERYTHING LOL

0_0

Finally picked this up today (PS3)
Will be starting off with Mitsuru and will see where it goes from there after having some quality hand-on with the game.
Unfortunately...stuck at work until 8PM ET...

zlatko

Banned
Ya, 22312 damage to be precise, A liz on ranked did it to me.

...tell me more about this combo and how to do it. o_O

edit: oh wait it's the put the gold thing on the ground super that goes off after like 15 seconds or some shit, and if they are sitting in it then you win the round?

Sophia

Okay I'm done getting rolled over for now. I like Aigis, but goddamn I hate how many matches I've lost with her just to even get her basics down.

EVOL 100%

Ah damn I didn't want to pay money for the glasses. :(

It's times like these when I'm glad that I'm not a glasses guy like at all.

Okay I'm done getting rolled over for now. I like Aigis, but goddamn I hate how many matches I've lost with her just to even get her basics down.

I jumped in ranked matches without any practicing at all and as a result have a whooping win rate of about 30%. Feels good man.

Yes. Being a direct sequel to Persona 4 it naturally has Persona 4 spoilers. Only in story mode, however. The other modes are spoiler free.

*sadface*

It still baffles me people are asking this question. "Does the sequel to (insert any game here) contain spoilers to the first?"

Why does it baffle you? There are plenty of direct sequels that do not contain spoilers or have anything to do with their counterparts at all.

As for Persona 4: Arena, I haven't been following the game that closely and had no idea it was a "direct sequel" to Persona 4. I thought it was just an Arc Systems Works fighting game utilizing the Persona 4 cast.

Sophia

Why does it baffle you? There are plenty of direct sequels that do not contain spoilers or have anything to do with their counterparts at all.

As for Persona 4: Arena, I haven't been following the game that closely and had no idea it was a "direct sequel" to Persona 4. I thought it was just an Arc Systems Works fighting game utilizing the Persona 4 cast.

Given that Arc System Works games are known for their story...

I jumped in ranked matches without any practicing at all and as a result have a whooping win rate of about 30%. Feels good man.

I've got like 24% with Aigis, and a much higher 50% with Yukiko. Honestly, if I played anyone else, I'd be great, but I'm too dedicated to winning as Aigis now to give up. Just now got down her BnBs.

I am still annoyed that Orgia mode is so punishable. Actually, I'm more annoyed that I don't have a proper gamepad given how many times I've preformed her QCF machine guns in a combo. :\

Top Bottom