• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Don't most characters have that off a FC though?

As for Chie again, what's the two standard midscreen BnBs to learn for her?(Oki and damage versions)

I don't think yukiko even gets 5k FC with 50 sp. 4k for sure but 5k is really pushing it (0 levels since that is the most realistic)

Yup, its something that you know you can do/pull off reliably...I think. Been playing fighting games for awhile and i'm just getting used to all these terms as well lol.

BNB combos is your stable combo you do given the particular situation.

I have a BNB anti air 5A confirm
I have a BNB confirm off a 5A grounded
I have a BNB confirm off anti air 5C etc etc.

There are other terms like

Oki = short for okizeme which is the setup after a knockdown.

Footsies = A complicated playstyle combining spacing, zoning, and pokes. Generally refers to close- to mid-range poking that revolves around baiting the opponent to throw out a poke and punishing the whiff with your own.

Frame trap = An attack that, when timed correctly, opens up enough of a gap for the opponent to try to attack but nothing the opponent does will come out fast enough to avoid being stuffed.

TK = Tiger knee, the phrase for old school tiger knee input which is 2369 input so that you do an instant air move.

and theres a bunch more

(ps I stole some exact definition from srk glossary over here http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-srk-glossary-wip.91061/)

Chavelo

how come difficulty settings don't affect score attack mode lol. i got wrecked by level 1 yosuke.

edit: meant score attack. im not that shit.

Difficulty settings does not affect score attack. You're pretty much playing the AI who's a level above the hardest mode on arcade.

Ken

Get Bent Chaired.

It's less the chair and more his R-action. I guess I really need to just learn to watch the SP meters more so I know when it's safe to go in without him whiffing an R-action and going into a super. I'm just sick of how much damage he gets off of so little.

kewlmyc

Don't know if posted yet, but check out what Yosuke be listening to in his headphones.
Yosukestasteinmusic.jpg

It's less the chair and more his R-action. I guess I really need to just learn to watch the SP meters more so I know when it's safe to go in without him whiffing an R-action and going into a super. I'm just sick of how much damage he gets off of so little.

labrys' R-action beats kanjis clean.you could also dp after he cancels into super.

GGs Beats! Don't be scared to use your R-Action to avoid the mixups. You started to do it at the end of our matches. Also, you have to block low/high.

TWILT

Banned
Don't know if posted yet, but check out what Yosuke be listening to in his headphones.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b114/Kewlmyc/Yosukestasteinmusic.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Damn, nice find. O_o

[quote="Busaiku, post: 41075337"]Man, but I swear I've block that way and still get hit.
I'm probably just crazy/frustrated.

Also, can Yosuke follow up on his R Action?[/QUOTE]
I can also go high/low, do a fake overhead, or just throw you if you block. ;)
[SPOILER]I never go low.[/SPOILER]

BlackJace

Jesus, why does Thanatos's Ghostly Wail go right through people? I've only had it connect twice now. Like, Thanatos's grab goes through the enemy.

BNB combos is your stable combo you do given the particular situation.

I have a BNB anti air 5A confirm
I have a BNB confirm off a 5A grounded
I have a BNB confirm off anti air 5C etc etc.

There are other terms like

Oki = short for okizeme which is the setup after a knockdown.

Footsies = A complicated playstyle combining spacing, zoning, and pokes. Generally refers to close- to mid-range poking that revolves around baiting the opponent to throw out a poke and punishing the whiff with your own.

Frame trap = An attack that, when timed correctly, opens up enough of a gap for the opponent to try to attack but nothing the opponent does will come out fast enough to avoid being stuffed.

TK = Tiger knee, the phrase for old school tiger knee input which is 2369 input so that you do an instant air move.

and theres a bunch more

(ps I stole some exact definition from srk glossary over here http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-srk-glossary-wip.91061/)

This is awesome, lord knows I haven't the faintest idea what half of the jargon means so the more explaining the better!

Beats

GGs Beats! Don't be scared to use your R-Action to avoid the mixups. You started to do it at the end of our matches. Also, you have to block low/high.

Good games. You completely destroyed me haha. Aigis is pretty dangerous, and I think her one crouching attack with the bullets stuffs a lot of Yukiko's options. I've never bothered to use the R-action that much before, since hers doesn't seem that great, but I'll try to incorporate that into my play now. I saw that it was low/high towards the end (I should have seen it way earlier >_<), but I just wasn't fast enough to block the high after the low the few times I started blocking it.

Going to definitely try to level up for next time. :p

Good games. You completely destroyed me haha. Aigis is pretty dangerous, and I think her one crouching attack with the bullets stuffs a lot of Yukiko's options. I've never bothered to use the R-action that much before, since hers doesn't seem that great, but I'll try to incorporate that into my play now. I saw that it was low/high towards the end (I should have seen it way earlier >_<), but I just wasn't fast enough to block the high after the low the few times I started blocking it.

Going to definitely try to level up for next time. :p

If you're fighting aigis you have to be mid screen. Mid screen so that you can react to air attacks with 5C but not close enough that you'll get stuffed out. If they are in orgia mode its all about reacting to them. Its extremely hard for the aigis player to confirm if you did something and do air B in orgia mode so they pretty much have to read and commit, take that into consideration of when to DP.

Also max range will get you nowhere. All it does is "maybe" give you time to dp and get some health. But if they have orgia mode I would not risk it since you are giving up a lot of real estate.

Beats

If you're fighting aigis you have to be mid screen. Mid screen so that you can react to air attacks with 5C but not close enough that you'll get stuffed out. If they are in orgia mode its all about reacting to them. Its extremely hard for the aigis player to confirm if you did something and do air B in orgia mode so they pretty much have to read and commit, take that into consideration of when to DP.

Also max range will get you nowhere. All it does is "maybe" give you time to dp and get some health. But if they have orgia mode I would not risk it since you are giving up a lot of real estate.

Thanks for the advice. I started using 5C and j.C a lot more towards the end of our set, but I completely forgot about using them as anti-airs earlier. I kept trying to stick with 5A and j.A, but that was a poor decision on my part. I've barely fought Aigis before also, so this was definitely a lesson for me.

YES! Finally done with all 30 of Yu's challenges. NOW I can play.

Honestly, it was kinda fun trying to make all those Cross Slashes cross up. What I found the best for the challenge was
214B, 214Dxx214214C, 2A, 5Cxx214AxxOMB, dash, 214214C, 2A, 5Cxx214214C

JEKKI

started playing this game, it's fun!!

rolling with Yosuke rite now... he's hard to use lol. gonna jump on n practice later tonite!

Top Bottom