• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Ken

Screw that, you're all going feel the same as me eventually! Muahahaha.

B+D seriously activates Orgia mode....? ;.;

It's called Escape Change for a reason.

Unless it's a subtle anti-Obama naming scheme.

360 games anyone? ;_;

vocab

Does Chie have any follow up options if she lands a throw or air throw? Or do I just set up the 5D, DD Oki mix up?

Throw OMC > 5C > 236B > 236B > dash 236D
Throw (CH) > dash 2A > 5C > 236B > 236B > 236D
Throw OMB > 5C > 236B > 236B > dash 5C > 5A > 5C > 214C > 236236D

Yup.

I'm still having extreme difficulty going from Aigis's combos to Megido Fire. Often I attempt to jump cancel and somehow end up preforming the gatling gun instead. Really screwing up my game.

EDIT: Ah, I see we have a GAF Lobby going. Appears to be full however. I need a separate display for the PS3 so I can actually SEE this shit.

You're pressing the wrong button (lol deadpool). Gatling gun is with your character button (A, B). Megido fire is your persona button (C, D).

Sophia

You're pressing the wrong button (lol deadpool). Gatling gun is with your character button (A, B). Megido fire is your persona button (C, D).

No I'm well aware of which buttons are which. The problem is I'm still getting the gatling gun even after I hit C or D.

Toski

My anti-Kanji and Akihiko tech as Yosuke is to make it rain. Also, Yu's damage is stupid high with all the tools he has.

BlackJace

I no longer fear Chie! This one dude tried to spam autocombo and rampage, so I just kept away and threw some Zios in her face. I also punished heavily with Big Gamble.

Noi

someone go in and beat this dude. Once I play with your character in challenge mode, I'll get a better idea what they hell i'm getting hit by. As of now, I have no clue what the big blob do.

I imagine it's something like

ld205_12.png

Right about the j.B, yeah. I imagine I must be inputting it too fast as vocab says.

Possibly. If you're also holding down before the j.B, you may accidentally be doing qcf motion while going from down to up. There's really no reason to hold down anywhere so I could be wrong.

LuchaShaq

Banned
In the challenge mode I've been getting stuck in the high teens with every character. I do exactly what is on screen but seem to never get it and have no real feedback telling me if I'm messing up timing or what. Very frustrating, still loving story mode though.

Ken

In the challenge mode I've been getting stuck in the high teens with every character. I do exactly what is on screen but seem to never get it and have no real feedback telling me if I'm messing up timing or what. Very frustrating, still loving story mode though.

Demonstration mode helps.

vocab

There's demonstration mode + it highlights what you dropped in purple. I kind of wish demonstration mode had inputs because knowing when to input 22a with Lab confuses the fuck out of me.

Toski

Are you still having trouble with the quarter circle inputs? Learning how to buffer the movement during combos is a fundamental.

when i first got this game i put the difficulty to beginner and mashed autocombo. but now im playing on hard and actually doing my own combos and shit. one day i'll figure out how to do challenges 21-30 for every character and all this one-more-cancel nonsense.

So I'm probably not getting home until 7:00 PM or so instead of the 5:30 that I thought it was gonna be. If anyone wants to play some matches, see you then!

Esura

Banned
Holy shit this dude in the room with Aigis is beasty. Just demolishing everyone. Didn't know Aigis was capable of such beastiness.

Crap my memory span is short when it comes to combos. Eh, I rescind my challenge Q bro. Ain't ready.

Esura

Banned
I'm telling you guys, shadow lab is easy to play

She looks like she plays like Carl.

I hate Carl.

Any basic BnBs for Chie? Or at least ones the Chie players here use? For some reason, my eyes hurt navigating Dustloop. Maybe its cause I got a headache. :p

Design philosophy with Aigis: Oh hey, we'll just make everything several times more difficult than any other character. And her instant kill? PULL IT OFF IN THE AIR. And give your opponent about 5000 million years to block it.

Ugh.

Aigis is not THAT hard. Once you get the concept, she's pretty straightforward. Then again, I'm coming from characters like Rachel and Relius. Valk and Tsubaki don't count.

Top Bottom