• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Dantis

Meguro still worked on the game, I think the closing song was him, and Labrys' theme definitely sounds like his work.

All three Labrys themes sound like Meguro to me, and the opening song is him. I haven't heard it yet (Because I like to listen to credits songs after playing the actual game. Dunno why.), but Now I Know is listed as composed by Kitajoh.

LuuKyK

Sorry, but quoting myself because it was the last post of the last page. :X

How does this bookmark thing work on the story mode? I see you have only six slots? It won't be enough. If you don't use it it will still save the game where I stopped? :S

The bookmarks are your savepoints, but don't worry about the running out of space part. Sure you can't have a save for each character but there's a reason why that's not a problem at all.

LuuKyK

Why is six saves not enough?...

Because I have to use one for each character? No? x_x

Unless, they are not for characters, but for the story overall. Wow, if it is I'm feeling dumb now. hahaha

Edit: Ok guys. Get it now. I thought by saving one character over other one would make me lose my progress. :S

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You'll get a Persona/Magic the Gathering hybrid card game and you'll like it.

I'd be okay with this.

The Arcana Is The Means By Which All Is Revealed
2 (Gun) (Gun)

Search your Compendium for a Persona with 5/5, then add three +1/+1 counters to it. Next turn remove -1/-1 counters off the Persona. Persona is sent to fusion yard after losing it's three counters.

Dantis

I'd be okay with this.

2 (Gun) (Gun)

Search your Compendium for a Persona with 5/5, then add three +1/+1 counters to it. Next turn remove -1/-1 counters off the Persona. Persona is sent to fusion yard after losing it's three counters.

Beyond the RPG path is Persona's absolute end. It matters not who you are, market over-saturation is inevitable.

:/

Fuck these spin-off games.

Sophia

Because I have to use one for each character? No? x_x

Unless, they are not for characters, but for the story overall. Wow, if it is I'm feeling dumb now. hahaha

Edit: Ok guys. Get it now. I thought by saving one character over other one would make me lose my progress. :S

Yeah they're for story progress. You honestly only need one period, as the game is designed so you don't have to go through repeat elements unless you're getting the gag endings.

All three Labrys themes sound like Meguro to me, and the opening song is him. I haven't heard it yet (Because I like to listen to credits songs after playing the actual game. Dunno why.), but Now I Know is listed as composed by Kitajoh.

Now I Know isn't Meguro? Huh, that's surprising. Although it does explain why the song was in English.

BlackJace

I'd be okay with this.

2 (Gun) (Gun)

Haha, that's really neat. Didn't think of calling the deck, the "Compendium"

Dantis

As an aside, if you haven't played Trauma Team, you should. A lot of the developers are from the Persona team (Including Meguro, Kitajoh and Konishi) and the main concept for the first game was created by Katsura Hashino.

It's good stuff.

Sophia

I've never played any of the Trauma Center games, nor Trauma Team. You may have just convinced me with that awesome ending song, however.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
As an aside, if you haven't played Trauma Team, you should. A lot of the developers are from the Persona team (Including Meguro, Kitajoh and Konishi) and the main concept for the first game was created by Katsura Hashino.

It's good stuff.

I bought and finished TT at launch and it was my Wii GOTY that year. I desperately want a sequel.

Sophia

I really need to move my PS3 over to the SDTV. Tired of having to switch over between the PS3 and the PC for inputs. ;_;

Dantis

I've never played any of the Trauma Center games, nor Trauma Team. You may have just convinced me with that awesome ending song, however.

Trauma Team is the best one. The gameplay moves between six different styles, it's all fully voiced, it's a good twenty hours long and Doi uses his own art style instead of emulating Soejima's. The story is also very cool, and has a rather Persona-esque sweet ending.

Also, don't play the original DS one.

You and me both, but we're just two of the 10K sells it got so we'll never get a sequel. :(

I thought it sold 100k worldwide?

Dantis

So, I have a feeling that this week is when we'll hear about an EU release.

Calling it now. We'll hear something on Wednesday.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I died.

ibggb1JPB7mzmo.jpg

Ken

I died.

http://i.minus.com/ibggb1JPB7mzmo.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

This is why Dojima gets drunk every night.

[quote="Beckx, post: 41180186"]I put my two matches up from the 360 tourney on [URL="http://youtu.be/9552xh67FYg"]up on my channel[/URL], despite how embarrasingly I got bodied. Really I need a ton of blocking practice. So far almost all of my matches have been player matches with one of my XBL friends. Other than just keeping at it and playing different people, any tips for improving my blocking abilities?[/QUOTE]

I'll play with you if you aren't afraid of my Y0 connection.

Dantis

So this is only ever so vaguely relevant to the topic, but whatever:

I just realised that True Ending episode of P4A comes out on Wednesday. Very much looking forward to it, though I have no idea how long it'll be until we get fan subs.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Jumping into my first Arc Systems game combined with really using a fighting stick for the first time has been pretty rough.

I've gotten the whole quarter circle thing down pretty well now. Dashing was still easier with the D-pad I think, especially on the PS3 controller. It's like learning a new instrument or something.

TheSeks

236A+B 6C b+D super!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpidermanNEAT.gif

But I still find good success with the auto-combo to where Akihiko does that sideways dash dash dash PUNCH bit, where I sweep (2A+B) at the end of it, catches some people off guard at times. :)

(And then I lose the rest of the match. :()

Beckx

This is why Dojima gets drunk every night.

I'll play with you if you aren't afraid of my Y0 connection.

No fear! No fear! Ha, accepted your FR. I'm usually on late night, hopefully will be on tonight.

Looks like you just need to play more matches. Biggest part of good blocking is experience. You need to know when you can press buttons or move around and when you need to block. As you play more you start to see what your opponent can do and when. Like vs Yu if he's outside 5B range you know he can only do slide (which is unsafe) or his sword dive (which is slow and can be punished on reaction). You shouldn't focus on blocking practice just focus on getting better at your character and it'll come with time.

Thanks - hopefully experience will help. I just get mangled by high/low mixups.

vocab

SpidermanNEAT.gif

But I still find good success with the auto-combo to where Akihiko does that sideways dash dash dash PUNCH bit, where I sweep (2A+B) at the end of it, catches some people off guard at times. :)

(And then I lose the rest of the match. :()

You want to play sometime against me and some other guy. We are both bad I swear!

TheSeks

Is BBW in the titles? I think the Chie army needs to start using that.

Top Bottom