• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

TGMIII

So on the EU facebook page for Persona someone put this up:

I know some people were wondering about Wendros and the magazine that had 28/8 as a release date. I got a reply from Wendros today and its not really what I wanted to hear =/

"Hello
It would be 7/9 but then Japanese release was a little bigger than I expected, so they work on larger server space for European release.
It will be released in October, the specific date is not clear, but I will keep you well informed.

Thanks for your interest!

Sincerely,
Henrik Martling"

Obviously that doesn't actually confirm anything but if it's true then they've practically killed any sales other than competitive players in EU. Wendros AB is a Swedish reseller I believe.

Onemic

So on the EU facebook page for Persona someone put this up:

Obviously that doesn't actually confirm anything but if it's true then they've practically killed any sales other than competitive players in EU. Wendros AB is a Swedish reseller I believe.

Thanks for the region lock!

TGMIII

Fuck extend

Edit: wait euro isn't getting the game til fucking October? Why? o_O

That's just what people have said on the facebook page after emailing a Swedish reseller about the release date. Someone else followed him up and said they got a reply from the same reseller who said it won't be until the end of October. It's obviously not a solid confirmation by any means but if it's true I'm just skipping the game, I really do want to play it but sales of the game are going to be weak here as is the competitive community and if the game releases 2 months after the US version it's going to be even worse.

The worst thing is that they're constantly showing the game off at events, in fact they're showing it off again tomorrow and then again this weekend at at i46 (a lan event) yet they keep dodging questions when people ask about a release date.

Omikaru

What a complete and utter fucking disgrace. I'll save my ramblings about the region lock, as I had my say in the original outrage thread, but I hope Atlus realises what a complete disaster this game has been for their European fans. One of my US friends spoiled a bit of the plot for me, thinking it was already out over here and that I'd played it, knowing that I'm a big fan of the series. Don't even get me started on the competitive scene...

And it even goes beyond the region lock. Zen are doing a terrible job in handling the promotion of this, especially on Twitter and the Official "Persona Europe" Facebook page. They're posting Woody raping Aigis pictures, for fuck's sake. It's a catastrophe.

I hope Atlus doesn't let these people touch any of their games ever again.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What a complete and utter fucking disgrace. I'll save my ramblings about the region lock, as I had my say in the original outrage thread, but I hope Atlus realises what a complete disaster this game has been for their European fans. One of my US friends spoiled a bit of the plot for me, thinking it was already out over here and that I'd played it, knowing that I'm a big fan of the series. Don't even get me started on the competitive scene...

Even worse is how Zen are handling the promotion of this, especially on Twitter and the Official "Persona Europe" Facebook page. They're posting Woody raping Aigis pictures, for fuck's sake. It's a catastrophe.

Did you miss out on noel face down in a pile of her own puke pics? :3

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I beat Q 3 times! Im so proud of myself ;_; I will cherish this 3-8 set

ggs man

LOL that match up is so bad :( she cant do anything about random stabs and those stop everything the persona can do. Plus every single tool in her arsenal beats mine hands down. Shit's super uphill x.x

LOL that match up is so bad :( she cant do anything about random stabs and those stop everything the persona can do. Plus every single tool in her arsenal beats mine hands down. Shit's super uphill x.x

Aigis has a pretty easy time against slab too.

btw, I have found 5.8k combos. One of these days, you will have enough health to pull it off.

MechaX

Yep, I think two weeks is a record for me in terms of "trying to find a character to main."

I'm just not particularly drawn to any particular character still (For instance, I like Aigis as a character more than most in terms of the P3 cast, but I'm still pretty ambivalent on her play-style). And I'm only sticking with Naoto as a tentative because I put so much time into her already (but again, I don't feel particularly drawn to her play-style, SMP loop or Trap zoning, even if it is more than the rest of the cast).

At this rate, I would hate to silently drop the game to the wayside simply because I couldn't really settle on a main or get really involved with any one character.

Yep, I think two weeks is a record for me in terms of "trying to find a character to main."

I'm just not particularly drawn to any particular character still (For instance, I like Aigis as a character more than most in terms of the P3 cast, but I'm still pretty ambivalent on her play-style). And I'm only sticking with Naoto as a tentative because I put so much time into her already (but again, I don't feel particularly drawn to her play-style, SMP loop or Trap zoning, even if it is more than the rest of the cast).

At this rate, I would hate to silently drop the game to the wayside simply because I couldn't really settle on a main.

main random select

i was thinking about doing that

OceanBlue

At this rate, I would hate to silently drop the game to the wayside simply because I couldn't really settle on a main or get really involved with any one character.

This is actually my problem in playing games based on existing properties. I try to force myself to play a certain character out of character love instead of going to characters that fit my style.

Do you like taking risks? How do you like controlling your opponent's options into forcing them to do what you want? Which tools are you most comfortable with? Do you mind bad matchups? I tend to ask myself questions like this when I try to pick a main. Even though I'm not very good at fighting games, I usually can still get an answer. I don't know if it'll work for you, but I'll just say it anyway.

Dantis

And it even goes beyond the region lock lock. Zen are doing a terrible job in handling the promotion of this, especially on Twitter and the Official "Persona Europe" Facebook page. They're posting Woody raping Aigis pictures, for fuck's sake. It's a catastrophe.

I very much doubt Atlus care. It's simply not in their interests, unfortunately.

Top Bottom