• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

What makes Mitsuru so good? The only thing that I've seen that is annoying to deal with is her DP hitting both sides.

Poke Poke Poke...stop...poke poke lots of pokes kick. random DP.

I haven't faced many good ones but a lot of her shit is safe as hell. So if you know what you are doing you can toy with your foes.

and she's so damn classy bro.

OceanBlue

To keep her up in the air longer?

The part of the combo I'm having trouble with is the beginning: 5A+B j.D (land) 66 5B. I don't feel like I ever land fast enough to do the dash (and I'm really bad at timing it so I get an air dash sometimes). I was just wondering it it helps them time their dash or something. It might be to keep her in the air longer, but that won't help me because I'm having trouble landing fast enough.

What makes Mitsuru so good? The only thing that I've seen that is annoying to deal with is her DP hitting both sides.

She's fast, long range, short recovery, top 3 DP and HUGE damage. Her only problem is that her blockstring is pretty weak. I also hear most of the damage comes from crouching opponents.

Nyoro SF

She's fast, long range, short recovery, top 3 DP and HUGE damage. Her only problem is that her blockstring is pretty weak. I also hear most of the damage comes from crouching opponents.

You are correct. Also these Japanese players are reaction gods and can tell right away when someone is crouching. :/

BlackJace

How much longer do you guys think you'll keep playing P4A? As for myself, I don't see me stopping anytime soon. Game's just a blast to play.

SUPARSTARX

How much longer do you guys think you'll keep playing P4A? As for myself, I don't see me stopping anytime soon. Game's just a blast to play.

It's here to stay for me indefinitely. First serious ASW game. This may even lead me to trying out BBCP seriously down the line. I'm still a Capcom kid at heart, so whenever Capcom fixes up SFxT fully, I'll be subbing SFxT but still primarily play P4A.

I'll probably keep up with it.

It's basically the only game I play recently but when TTT2 comes out, that will change for a bit. I basically forced my friend into buying this so I'll have to stick it out for his sake.

Platytime will drop when I beat story mode. not like that will happen anytime ( I only play story time at night...in honor of how I played P4.)

Gonna probably start up FES soon too. Key word is start. Probably will quit...for the third/forth time.

Nyoro SF

Forgot to mention I was playing yesterday and got my shit rocked 15 games in a row by an Aigis when I was practicing Mitsuru. God damn this character is scary. The crouching bullet spray and sweep range were the two primary factors in his winning power.

TWILT

Banned
Yeaaah, gonna quit ranked soon. I got a rank down match after I won my previous one, and I was like, "Wut?" Doesn't help that I lost the rank down one too. :/

Definitely gonna keep playing it. The game is a ton of fun, and I'm slowly getting better every day. It's also fun and challenging to play with the rest of PersonaGAF. Will occasionally go back to Marvel and try to get into TTT2/DoA5 when they come out though.

Sloosha

hey guys just now joinging p4 gaf im gonna be best chie evvverrr

I'm definitely the worst Chie. Got mentally guard broken against wake-up Cross Slash yesterday. I have the mental toughness of Chris G, just without his talent and ability for fighting games.

I don't see myself stopping either.

I like playing Kanji and Yu

I want to learn how to play with Naoto and Yukiko

Sometimes I look at my case and still can't believe this game is real.

Deps

Pretty much the only game I play right now. Once TTT2 comes out that'll be my secondary game and I'd like to play more VF again but i'll be playing P4u for a loooong time.

cHaotix8

This will probably be my secondary game after SFIV. Mechanics-wise I haven't really come across anything that I hate TOO much, plus I love the series itself so it should get a decent amount of play out of me as long as the community sticks with it.

"When you guys do combo's, do you mash the buttons in sequence till they come out or do you only use one button press for every part of the combo?"

Depends on the character. Single presses with Mitsuru, Mashing with Aigis.

Ken

When you guys do combo's, do you mash the buttons in sequence till they come out or do you only use one button press for every part of the combo?

One button presses, though sometimes I mash and even repeat the motions and end up doing Brutal Impacts accidentally.

Top Bottom