• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Sophia

I was using Yukiko's fire break to make it unblockable lol. You have to super jump to avoid it I think. There are also some instances where you can evasive action to get past the C Maragidyne and punish me.

I love a well timed Fire Break. Nothing says awesome like a Fire Break version of Maragidyne D. Total mindgames. :D

Beats

On ground confirms, hold your agi fireball. Off of A you can do a lot; I usually use 2D and then some mixup because this is DP and roll safe outside of the corner but you can also do IAD j.A or 5C/2C. B agi is almost always followed up by 4B or 5BB and then 3D. On air hits, either bring them to the ground or release your fireball because you can't really cover their tech with agi.

She has an unlockable setup for 50 heat but I don't know what it is as I've literally never seen half of her supers before.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I've been trying to get into the habit of holding Agi after the regular combo. I feel like I just need to practice some oki setups, so I'll try some of the stuff you mentioned.

Just got this off of Jeo yesterday and squeezed in some learning with Naoto last night after schoolwork. She's completely unlike most characters I gravitate towards which constitutes most of the allure, but man she's tough to use... Anyway, I hope to be active amongst you all once I'm able to learn the ins nd outs to the game whilst juggling school and work. Seems like there's a good and friendly community here. Least I hope there is lol

Fugu

If your opponent isn't moving after you release agi, you can delay 2D and do dash 2A to make it unblockable. This isn't safe though so I wouldn't do it more than once.

Onemic

Anyone up for some games? I'm just gonna be practicing combos to see if they are realistically usable or not, so I'll be pretty free.
Not that I'm not already

WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME LABRYS' AWAKENING SUPER HIT BEHIND TOO?!

...OK ON HINDSIGHT IT'S KINDA OBVIOUS BUT STILL

God damn, that was a perfect homogenius moment (well, if those videos were still being made that is).

Nyoro SF

WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME LABRYS' AWAKENING SUPER HIT BEHIND TOO?!

...OK ON HINDSIGHT IT'S KINDA OBVIOUS BUT STILL

God damn, that was a perfect homogenius moment (well, if those videos were still being made that is).

Same thing happened with me and Mitsuru. I thought I dodged it by crossing her up... NOPE

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Wheee....anything more amusing than baiting a super to then end a round with an IK against someone with 90% health?

I'm surprised you keep letting me get away with wake up Garudyne. It's not as if I'm doing it because #YOLO, I actually intend on making them safe (although I misread my meter at times) but you get hit by them anyways :T

Plenty of people play on psn, and you can just talk to gafers if you are having trouble finding games on 360? Shouldnt really be an issue either though

It seems easier to just go on ranked to get 360 games than to request a fight here at times though.

It's not that hard to get people on PSN... There were at least 4-5 online playing p4a, but they were all doing their thing. Playing with Beats and Q right now though... Although this is their last match since I'm leaving soon.

Also, GGs to Beats and Q!

Beats

Good games Proto and Q. I lost a bunch of them though haha. I don't think I can block your mixup Proto. I can block the low, but the high feels like it comes out instantly.

Anyone else wanna play on PSN?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Good games Proto and Q. I lost a bunch of them though haha. I don't think I can block your mixup Proto. I can block the low, but the high feels like it comes out instantly.

if you block a low INSTANTLY move to a high and fucking pray the latency is on your side.

I would but I'm going out.

Btw the dirty thing I was trying out was if you have the persona behind them and do 5C2C 236B and hold it. You get a free 50/50 mixup off multiple ways.

The other thing I was trying was IAD backwards (so jump AC airdash back so front airdash) AC jB). Basically moves her stupid far back while throwing the fan low as possible that travels full screen.

Ken

Oh sorry. I wasn't browisng GAF while we were playing Solar. Remade a room since you can't change the room size within it zzz.

Alucrid

Banned
Well I've been using Yukiko. I fought against someone using Mitsuru but they pretty much buckled under any pressure, then I fought the same person and they switched to Elizabeth and were spamming that beam move which I was stuffing with Yukiko's standing B (2 fans). So I get

"spamming like a pussy get some skill bitch"

after they rage quit.

lololol

Top Bottom