• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Sloosha

Does anyone have any tips for Mitsuru's challenge 24? THe one that starts with the throw. For whatever reason the last coup droit will not charge period.

Start charging from the C Bufula (down-back to up-back).

EDIT: Actually just start charging from the up-back of the C Bufula.

Riposte

Getting used to the button layout is tough for me, at least while tired.

Can someone link me to the best resource for a new Mitsuru player?

vall03

wow! for the first time, I played against this Mitsuru who did nothing but spam auto-attack with the occasional Weak Persona attack, and Im ashamed to say this but I lost, just wow! and here I thought I was doing bad for using auto-attack sometimes,

OceanBlue

wow! for the first time, I played against this Mitsuru who did nothing but spam auto-attack with the occasional Weak Persona attack, and Im ashamed to say this but I lost, just wow! and here I thought I was doing bad for using auto-attack sometimes,

lol, damage is damage.

Ken

Do you play Labrys? I use auto-combos a lot of the time to build up to red axe.

Ken

yeah I know, and it sucks that I couldn't do anything about it, at least my friend loves All-Out Attack.

yup, I auto-combo too but I tend to stop after a couple of hits, I love to use sweep attack a lot though

I just do AAA 214B, although when I'm lazy I just do AAAA :p.

T.O.P

Banned
Are PAL 360 games normally not region locked? How are you going to play other games?

Got like 20 pal games and a bunch of arcades but i've been playing only BB Extend and nothing else for months, i'm using pc as my main platform now (also got a ps3 so i'm covered)

They are Region Locked but i see myself using it only for persona and chrono phantasma...importing a couple of games is not a problem

Arcade sticks are not locked right? :x

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I thought port begging was banned?

In any case: No. I extremely doubt it will come out because 1) SMT is a console-tied series and 2) fighting games on PC doesn't have a strong relationship.

EVOL 100%

Got up to rank C, and my win ratio is almost up to 50%. Big step up from the 20% I had in the beginning :p

It kinda sucks that it's pretty much impossible for me to play with GAFers though :(

re: P4A on PC

If it happens, it'll be nothing short of a miracle.

Onemic

Got up to rank C, and my win ratio is almost up to 50%. Big step up from the 20% I had in the beginning :p

It kinda sucks that it's pretty much impossible for me to play with GAFers though :(

re: P4A on PC

If it happens, it'll be nothing short of a miracle.

The last fighter arcsys developed for PC was GG reload and Atlus rarely ever releases games for PC.

Found out some new tricks with Elizabeth. I thought doing air turn before doing jump D would suck because I expected Thanatos would go the wrong way, but it turns out that he appears behind her AND goes towards the enemy. Haven't been able to apply this yet, but I imagine it'd work great against an enemy airdashing in from the right distance.
I'm beginning to think that Elizabeth can't do mixup well. Then I remembered she gains meter really quickly, and most of her meter options aren't that amazing, so I might as well use it to OMC stuff to start combos.
5C->2C is a common Elizabeth blockstring. An unaware enemy will try to attack Thanatos during the 2C and get punished because it has super armour. Better players may block it and then attack Thanatos. You can OMC the 2C and go into another 2C which will beat their punish attempt and then transition into her regular combo.
I was trying to do 2B OMC into jumping A to surprise crouching opponents, but I have trouble executing it on a pad consistently because I use a shortcut for OMC, and sometimes I take too long to lift my finger from L1 and that prevents my A input, or I press A too late and the j.A doesn't come out. Mahagarudyne OMC j.A seems like a viable substitute.

Busaiku

Man, I have absolutely no idea how to play against Yosuke.
I'm just mashing Bear Screw and hoping to catch him...

Of course that's like 90% of what my games are composed of, but at least I know when I can hit others!

Nyoro SF

Huh I rarely browse the player matches. Maybe I should play him so he can make a big deal out of beating me here and there and make a montage video about it. Sorta like he was making a big deal about heartnana beating the sbo champ ONCE out of a million matches :lol Obnoxious people with huge ass ego's annoy the shit out of me.

Yeah he's just vying to get attention for himself... at first I thought it would be a skill contest, but whether you win or lose he benefits big time.

Huh, after Yosuke, Naoto felt too easy in Score Attack (although I still lost because I got hit with her overhead while blocking Hamaon), what bs is she supposed to have there? I didn't really feel a difference.

Top Bottom