• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Steaks

Mexico actually, but for the most part my connection with the US isn't bad. Are you still online?

Oh, sorry. I was online for a long while playing ranked :| Didn't see any friend requests or anything.

I'm like 700+ PSR now, not that it means anything :) If you're like a decent yellow connection or better I'll play though. Tomorrow though, I'm done for the night!

Oh, sorry. I was online for a long while playing ranked :| Didn't see any friend requests or anything.

I'm like 700+ PSR now, not that it means anything :) If you're like a decent yellow connection or better I'll play though. Tomorrow though, I'm done for the night!

It's ok, I had to leave soon after that post anyways. Honestly, if our connection is anything better than yellow it'll be a miracle, the latency indicators in these games are kinda strict >.>

Seriously, I've literally never seen anything above 2 bars in either BB or this while I regularly get 4 or 5 bars with US people in Marvel/SFIV.

OceanBlue

It's ok, I had to leave soon after that post anyways. Honestly, if our connection is anything better than yellow it'll be a miracle, the latency indicators in these games are kinda strict >.>

Seriously, I've literally never seen anything above 2 bars in either BB or this while I regularly get 4 or 5 bars with US people in Marvel/SFIV.

I'd rather have that than green bars with an EC-WC connection, which is what happens to me for AE.

It's annoying when it scares people away even though it'll still play pretty well though :|

Unrelated to that, I think I'm getting addicted to doing wake up super->OMC if blocked->mixup at the end of a round >.>

Which move are you saying you can't DP? I said to block the 2C and only react to the grab. Ah, I see a typoed just instead of jump. You can jump the grab on reaction when you see the grab. And then you can punish the Persona. Or you can probably just DP when you see the grab.

And yea, I didn't recommend jumping because it's risky. Just block and react accordingly.

The 2C canceling sounds scary, I'll have to start using that lol.

Jumping against her 5C is pretty safe, you're only vulnerable to Mahabufudyne since it's air unblockable, but if you blocked 5C, it can't cancel into specials, and you've got plenty of time to get out of the way before she's allowed to cast it. I don't think it's possible to OMC 5C either.

maks

Pretty new to this type of game. Any tips on learning the Instant Air Dash? I'm on a HRAP2 arcade stick with Sanwa parts.

maks

When the IAD comes out on accident it is pretty awesome. I'm hoping there's a technique i'm not thinking of :)

Beats

Good games. I was outmatched. Any advice on my play? I'm trying to get better.

Sorry. I wanted to reply to your post earlier, but I had to go out. I can't help much with Chie specific stuff but:

- You can tech by holding down a button. You kept letting me hit you even though you could have got out of the "combo".

- Rampage doesn't seem like a good move to just throw out there a lot.

- I suppose if you want one way to get somewhat better at blocking you can set the computer to 100 in training mode and try to block everything they throw at you. You won't become a god at blocking by doing this, but it definitely helped me get better.

- If you haven't already you might want to watch other Chie players, so you can see what they do that works well and incorporate it into your game. Not just combos, but stuff like setups, blockstrings etc..

maks

Thanks guys. I keep at it and hopefully i can IAD with some regularity. It looks like theres a few techniques out there.

vall03

man, todays not my day. I was happy winning my first match, then I went on with a losing streak, whats worse is that I was doing really well in one round and then played shit for the rest of the game *sigh*

Shito

Thinking of dropping Mitsuru a bit, in favor of Liz. She's all gimmicky and stuff, but I don't know, I really enjoy her all or nothing kind of play.
I really like Mitsuru, her design (gameplay-wise) and all, but I can't seem to use her well: I don't know quite why but I can't seem to manage "clean inputs": more often than not I'm "charging" her B where I shouldn't, which leads me to often drop my combos or miss my blockstrings. Against a Kanji mashing a grab or a super, this is *not* fun!

Anyways, just thinking aloud here.

Quadratic

man, todays not my day. I was happy winning my first match, then I went on with a losing streak, whats worse is that I was doing really well in one round and then played shit for the rest of the game *sigh*

Yeah, I seem to do this as well. I've been on 20 game losing streaks.

Shito

You guys are nuts. This is the most played game in the japanese arcades this year, and it sold really well over there: I think we can safely say there will be an extended version.
Or Atlus doesn't like money.

Yep I can't air dash that good either :( wip tho! Some new fighters will be nice tho! Keep this game somewhat fresh. Due to the fact this will prob be my only new release game I get for a while. This fall/winter is eh to me.

Fugu

Why dont you just do it with out letting the stick go back to neutral?
I don't know about pad, but on a stick, you have to let it return to neutral (...sort of). However, 9566 is wrong and means you're waiting too long between the 9 and the 6; you should actually be doing 96, with only a slight retraction of the stick to get the 96. You cannot simply go from 9 to 6, which is the part about letting the stick return to neutral.

IADs are like the least natural motion you'll have to do on a regular basis now that there are no DPs or fancy super inputs. You should probably just practice them.

Is anyone else getting "unable to connect to the network" when attempting to play online? I have PSN access.

EDIT: Fixed it. Weird stuff.

maks

I don't know about pad, but on a stick, you have to let it return to neutral (...sort of). However, 9566 is wrong and means you're waiting too long between the 9 and the 6; you should actually be doing 96, with only a slight retraction of the stick to get the 96. You cannot simply go from 9 to 6, which is the part about letting the stick return to neutral.

IADs are like the least natural motion you'll have to do on a regular basis now that there are no DPs or fancy super inputs. You should probably just practice them.

Is anyone else getting "unable to connect to the network" when attempting to play online? I have PSN access.

EDIT: Fixed it. Weird stuff.

I messed around with IADs a bit more this morning. I feel like 676 is easier for me than other methods. It also seems like jump cancel a normal attack into the IAD is easier than just IAD.

Fugu

7? What?

I think I'm switching characters. Yukiko is not fun to learn. I'm better with Mitsuru and I've played as her twice.

Onemic

I think I've cooled down now. Milk or any other liz/Naoto/Yukiko player, want to do some sets with me? Please be as gimmicky as possible.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
7? What?

I think I'm switching characters. Yukiko is not fun to learn. I'm better with Mitsuru and I've played as her twice.

Everyone's better with mitsuru after using her even once :p

Proto and Me bet you would jump to her either at the start or shortly after :lol

I think I've cooled down now. Milk or any other liz/Naoto/Yukiko player, want to do some sets with me? Please be as gimmicky as possible.

I'll play when I get back home (3hours) if you're still on.

My "gimmicks" are all based on taking advantage of what you do or do not do. I do have the super super unblockable gimmick but I don'y do that if it works. If I see you dodge it once then you'll almost never see it again unless the situation calls for it.

Top Bottom