• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

TWILT

Banned
Psh please. Yosuke is still the far better bro despite his music tastes.
I'm having a lot of fun learning the basics of this game and mashing things out with Naoto, but I have no idea what to do when I'm backed up against a corner. The standard dash always seems to get punished, there's no advancing guard (I play a lot of UMvC3), and her normals seem to get beaten out pretty easily. Do I just try to jump away and hope for the best, or am I missing something really obvious?

You can DP (B+D in this game) to get them off you (can be baited though), or if you're still in block stun, you can press forward A+B to get them off you in exchange for 50SP. The latter option is generally safer and harder to bait, though don't be afraid to use the DP.

sephi22

lol i'm the only European on gaf

._.

it will take a while to find someone online lol

If play-asia will be shipping my order before the PAL release, 4 days and still at verification u.u
O rly?
Dont you see my name in that list?
Im sulking in UAE over the fact that this country is a PAL region

Beckx

look like everyone bailed on this game at the right time!

? Is this about the salt in the thread lately, or are you seeing it's harder to get matches?

I'm still very much enjoying it. As long as I can get matches, that's all that matters.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It was actually posted a long while back originally, and it's really not that hard to figure out especially at higher resolutions. Just scanning the background you can obviously see CD cover art there, and anyone familiar with the covers would make the immediate connections.

Click image for bigger since it's quoted:

I wonder what the two above them are.

Here I figured Youske as a J-pop kinda guy. Not shitty rock music. :p

Deps

I'm always down for games but I'm on xbox and most here are PS3. Finding player matches is as easy as day 1 though.

Onemic

You are not everyone though. Even Multiple Man is not everyone.

Part of GAF history

doombringer.png

Geneijin

I think it's me. I should probably reset my router too after this match. Now if only there was a quick message for such an occasion as the host...

Edit: Oh, okay, it may just very well be a regional thing :(

Onemic

ggs Twilt and geneijin. Your Yosuke annoyed me to no end, I stopped trying to practice combos and just wanted wins lol. TWILT you probably could have beat my ass to a pulp if you were more aggressive. None of the stuff I was trying to practice in our matches were being input accurately.

Quadratic

I got into Kopyasu's room so I'll be here for a bit. I'm going to PAX tomorrow so this will be my last few games until next week.

2 weeks and I'm still terrible at this game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Lies, Jiyuna wants you in his lobby.

But I'm having fun with sleeping dogs :(

Im not gonna play much til the first. Really low on food and my reaction times are pure shit at the moment due to starving x.x/ I'll def join and let him make his montage after that point :lol

I actually went 1-9 vs proto LOL my brain totally shut off

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GG's.

If you fighting guru's can give me some pointers on why my Chie sucks so badly I'd be open to improvements.

abuse the fact she can fucking jump cancel pretty much everything she has and use your persona to mix up left and right like crazy. Watch some marlinpie stuff

Top Bottom