• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Today, I proved that I'm the strongest in our P4A scene :D

...A scene that consists of only like 4 people including me so far though.

Anyways, I'm finally getting down Yosuke's gliding. It really didn't look like such a big deal but damn, actually playing with it is another story, it can be quite a mindfuck.

For anyone who plays Labrys.

Why does Beast not connect sometimes after Guillotine Aerial B?

I know the timing is really strict but it seems also that the tech time is different and I can't pinpoint why it differs sometimes.

Hmm, it really seems to be the timing that determines whether it hits or not. It's very strict.

MY CHANCE OF VICTORY IS ONE MILLION PERCENT AND I'M COMING FOR YA YEAH

K7WHY.png

Best tier list.

TWILT

Banned
Welcome back God's Beard lol

Anyway, just learned a 7k Yu combo (that spends like 75-100SP, but eh...). Now to use it in an actual match...

Ken

I know the timing is really strict but it seems also that the tech time is different and I can't pinpoint why it differs sometimes.

Hmm, it really seems to be the timing that determines whether it hits or not. It's very strict.

I'm guessing it's strict timing on the cancel and varies from combo to combo. I think even with red axe the hit stun gets pretty low after GA B.

fubarduck

It helps to buffer the 236236 motion before you hit the ground, then hit D RIGHT when the last hit of Air Guillotine connects.

I still miss it a lot.

So what'd I miss? Who's the best on GAF these days? Is Lord Knight the 2nd best Mitsuru in the states?

welcome back GB.

From what I have heard, prototype and Q are still the best on gaf.

hmm I might be down for a set if people want to play. Gotta know soon or else I'll play one of my backlog games

Busaiku

Good stuff NinjaHeartless.
I don't know what Chie can do exactly, but you should definitely try punishing my Teddievisions more, cause I spam them like a moron.
And you definitely should not stay away from me, cause then you can't do anything, and I can just spam items/run out the clock really easily.

Also, perorist's Aigis also made me feel true despair earlier, but I haven't seen him around lately.

And another thing...
Kanji's dive things always whiff on crouch right? Even the SB version?

Sorry about missing those invites.

Got involved in some heated battles with this Akihiko player.

Messed me up pretty bad but I learned a few things. Especially some new mixup options.

Don't the separated buttons hurt your finger?

I tried the dpad a few times a long while ago and didn't like how much harder it was to do moves/move around in general.

I like the analog stick better because of more control, easier and smoother motions for inputs, and it doesn't hurt my finger either.

Sophia

The D-Pad on both console is really terrible, but it's difficult to play with the analog stick because it's... well... analog. :p

The D-Pad on both console is really terrible, but it's difficult to play with the analog stick because it's... well... analog. :p

I've used the dpads for both consoles and I'm definitely not a fan of having to push hard on them just to register inputs like dashing and half/quarter circles.

I find with the stick you can easily make smooth motions especially since you only need to keep your finger on one button. Closest thing to an arcade stick I guess, but much less sensitive.

Also, how do you do things like a 720 on a dpad?

Fighting against a good mitsuru with kanji made me release why people say he's so bad

I couldn't do a single thing against her.

I don't know who to play now :V

hao chi

Don't the separated buttons hurt your finger?

I tried the dpad a few times a long while ago and didn't like how much harder it was to do moves/move around in general.

I like the analog stick better because of more control, easier and smoother motions for inputs, and it doesn't hurt my finger either.

A callous should appear in no time to take care of that problem. ;)

By the way, I was writing a big Mitsuru guide while I was banned, but when I was looking for match footage I got up and tripped over my power cable lol

I never saved :-(

The picture I posted before was the header TT_TT

MechaX

The timing for that is so weird; if you do it too early, it just flat out won't connect. If you do it too late, the opponent can tech out of it. I want to say I try inputting the motion right before the opponent hits the ground, but I can't really put it into words.

Top Bottom