• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

hypernima

Banned
mondos123

Ooo all 1 bars. Hopefully it evens out at the start.

I'm not really noticing the delay. The only problem is how to stop this adrenaline from flowing.

I seem to only have problems fighting Q

Well, back to training mode for me.
I really feel I haven't been able to do shit in most of my matches today, to the point where people get tired and just toy with me in matches.

Or you can play RANKED!!!

If I can't even enter your lobby, I'd be shocked if I could play ranked. Actually, I haven't played Ranked once after I hit A rank. To be honest, the only person I've played in this game for more than a couple games since then is Q. He learns really fast, so I have to adapt quickly or get mauled by his new tricks. He's really fun to play because our matches are always really close. We had a FT10 once that ended 10-9 and went to the last round of the last game. Plus, he actually uses his mic which always makes everything more lively.

TWILT (or any other Yu players?), I'm having some trouble with challenge 26. Specifically, connecting the OMC and Raging Lion B. Any tips?

TWILT

Banned
TWILT (or any other Yu players?), I'm having some trouble with challenge 26. Specifically, connecting the OMC and Raging Lion B. Any tips?

You gotta one more cancel as soon as the last hit of Swift Strike hits, then immediately do Raging Lion without delay (might be helpful to OMC as soon as you think the last hit will connect). Timing is kind of strict (I still have trouble doing it in an actual match), but you should get it after a couple times.

You gotta one more cancel as soon as the last hit of Swift Strike hits, then immediately do Raging Lion without delay (might be helpful to OMC as soon as you think the last hit will connect). Timing is kind of strict (I still have trouble doing it in an actual match), but you should get it after a couple times.

Sweet, I got it! Thanks! Now to tackle the rest of these...

Noi

That lack of matchup experience. I didn't realize I hadn't fought against another good Labrys until I fought PoorFate, heh.

Ken

Green, brown-skin Labrys is adorable. Kind of regret buying all the character colors now.

Man how I wish they had alternate costumes for sale.

Busaiku

That lack of matchup experience. I didn't realize I hadn't fought against another good Labrys until I fought PoorFate, heh.

There were a number of things you definitely need t do.
Like those trap thing/air dash axe mixups, more Furious Actions (you let me get away with 3 AAAs/Kintoki-Douji all the time, and I can press buttons after the teleport without worrying about getting punished), you're not punishing my Teddievisions at all in general.

And I need to use Evasive Action more to excape those trap thing/air dash axe mixups, stop spamming Teddie Decoy/Teddievision like the moron I am, and use the bat more or something.

Geneijin

Today, I proved that I'm the strongest in our P4A scene :D

...A scene that consists of only like 4 people including me so far though.

Anyways, I'm finally getting down Yosuke's gliding. It really didn't look like such a big deal but damn, actually playing with it is another story, it can be quite a mindfuck.
wat

Yosuke mirror matches are like the hypest mirror matches in all of P4A (when they both know how to glide).

Geneijin

I mean in the "he falls a little faster, so what?" sense, but yeah, it's really quite a thing.
Ah, I take it you're practicing some IAD into glides right now? It's slow in comparison to his super jump glide speeds because he falls much, much faster when you super jump and cancel that momentum into glide. The descent speed is crazy.

I fought 4 different high rank teddies a few days ago and each one proceeded to Circus Bear twice on wake up when they awakened.

shit was frustrating and I kept messing up the timing on the super jump.

Noi

There were a number of things you definitely need t do.
Like those trap thing/air dash axe mixups, more Furious Actions (you let me get away with 3 AAAs/Kintoki-Douji all the time, and I can press buttons after the teleport without worrying about getting punished), you're not punishing my Teddievisions at all in general.

And I need to use Evasive Action more to excape those trap thing/air dash axe mixups, stop spamming Teddie Decoy/Teddievision like the moron I am, and use the bat more or something.

I don't IAD period, which is something I need to work on! If you noticed, there were a few matches where I just sat there to test what I could and could not punish in general, since I was only mashing out 2A.

And I'm afraid to use Weaver Arts against you cause the few times I do, you always blow them up with Teddievision, lol.

Venfayth

Apparently there's a Teddy and Akihiko at PAX :)

A10MBqxCYAERB8I.jpg

A10MgYxCUAA-hdh.jpg

A10PLj8CcAEfDzf.jpg

A10Q7g9CYAIzfmd.jpg

Busaiku

I fought 4 different high rank teddies a few days ago and each one proceeded to Circus Bear twice on wake up when they awakened.

shit was frustrating and I kept messing up the timing on the super jump.

You can just use your Furious Action through it (you have to keep hitting it though).

Ah, I take it you're practicing some IAD into glides right now? It's slow in comparison to his super jump glide speeds because he falls much, much faster when you super jump and cancel that momentum into glide. The descent speed is crazy.

Oh wow, I didn't even know of the superjump thing. Damn, really gotta practice it.

Onemic

I think I've plateaued with Mitsu. I really don't know what to do to get better and I just end up doing the same shit over and over.

Top Bottom