• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Geneijin

Same here. I've barely ever fought Yosuke. I had to chase you down so many times with all that superjumping/dashing around heh. :p
Question: you know the persona attack you start opening rounds with sometimes or beaten my crossup moonsault shenanigans, what was it? 5C?

Yep, it's 5C.

yesjacknicholson.gif

so many people love pushing buttons at the start of the round.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Its so odd learning a character that has real options outside of 5A and "COME ON CAESAR!!"

GG SolarKnight, I had to stop because the button presses are too loud for my roommates. We should definitely play more

I know how that is. Luckily all of the family is away right now. You have a nice Akihiko, and pretty much the first one that I see use the lightning fists super.

My Yosuke countered Kanji's grab super with his DP. I believe that's a good place to stop for the night.

GGs Lemon, you sure gave me a much harder time than last time.

My Yosuke countered Kanji's grab super with his DP. I believe that's a good place to stop for the night.

GGs Lemon, you sure gave me a much harder time than last time.

I dunno about that.After my 3 wins I was just getting messed up by your yosuke.
I think the final score was 3-13 right?

I couldn't even use Ex gotcha due to the gliding.

Continuity's akihiko messed me up too.

I need to get back on the ball and starting playing again.

Despite holding out this long, my will power has crumbled and Im picking this up tomorrow. I just cant pass up a sequel to P3/4 even if its a fighting game.

Any tips for a novice and admittedly fighting game noob?

Ken

Despite holding out this long, my will power has crumbled and Im picking this up tomorrow. I just cant pass up a sequel to P3/4 even if its a fighting game.

Any tips for a novice and admittedly fighting game noob?

Don't fall into the 5AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA trap!

I dunno about that.After my 3 wins I was just getting messed up by your yosuke.
I think the final score was 3-13 right?

So? The previous time was way free-er. It's not about the end score, but about how you perform in those matches. Haha, during those last matches I was getting into my zone though apparently ^^;

So? The previous time was way free-er. It's not about the end score, but about how you perform in those matches. Haha, during those last matches I was getting into my zone though apparently ^^;

Yeah,after you got the perfect.It was just getting harder and harder to land things on you.

I need to figure more tricks with kanji.

After we finished up,I hopped on ranked to just mess around.Won all but one my matches which was against a Mitsuru who I ran into again and beat.

Well, you sure that rather than it being me, it wasn't you getting mentally guard broken from the perfect?

And did you see what I meant about TK Moonsaults being fun btw? :p

Yeah,the perfect is what broke me.I see what you meant.
If I do something on wakeup,you can cross me up or just flip back and kunai.

Onemic

Mitsuru's auto-combo along with her more advance stuff is the problem. I'm talking about the auto-combo itself and its utility, not whether or not you can only mash 5A to win.

ya, it's ass, theres a reason I dont use it against you. If you know her advanced stuff you shouldn't be using it unless you want to finish someone off and mash to victory.

Just went to my first local scene today with the best SF players in Toronto. I got bodied in SF so hard it isn't even funny. I was able to troll a bit in persona with mitsu though. One thing I noticed, maybe it's my stick, or the fact that all the games played were on 360, or the monitors, but my execution seemed extremely off on just about everything. It seemed almost as if everything was a tad slower. Hadukens would come out late, I'd have to hold 2AB longer to sweep, it was weird. Do PS3 and 360 version of games tend to be slightly different in terms of how fast the game registers inputs?

anyone up for a few games?

ya, it's ass, theres a reason I dont use it against you. If you know her advanced stuff you shouldn't be using it unless you want to finish someone off and mash to victory.

Just went to my first local scene today with the best SF players in Toronto. I got bodied in SF so hard it isn't even funny. I was able to troll a bit in persona with mitsu though. One thing I noticed, maybe it's my stick, or the fact that all the games played were on 360, or the monitors, but my execution seemed extremely off on just about everything. It seemed almost as if everything was a tad slower. Hadukens would come out late, I'd have to hold 2AB longer to sweep, it was weird. Do PS3 and 360 version of games tend to be slightly different in terms of how fast the game registers inputs?

anyone up for a few games?

tempting, but I heard you hate yukiko

:/ so the only solution is to learn the timings on both monitors then?

Yes, yes I do, but you get a pass to make me rage all day today

rrdragon88 logging on now
edit

You aren't nearly as bad as you say you are. but either you dc or I dc... but I'm still posting so lol

Onemic

rrdragon88 logging on now
edit

You aren't nearly as bad as you say you are. but either you dc or I dc... but I'm still posting so lol

There's a serious thunderstorm in my area and I think it disconnected my internet as I can't get it anywhere. Have to send this from my phone instead.

I lose to q so I suck.

EDIT: internets back up, want to resume?

There's a serious thunderstorm in my area and I think it disconnected my internet as I can't get it anywhere. Have to send this from my phone instead.

Hmm well from the 3 games we played I have an idea of your habits, just gotta see if its true with more games in. I think you know one of mine (I'll risk getting persona broken just to see how you react).

I should start playing persona atleast once every other day. And to think my backlog is going to grow starting next week...

edit
sure invite

Onemic

Hmm well from the 3 games we played I have an idea of your habits, just gotta see if its true with more games in. I think you know one of mine (I'll risk getting persona broken just to see how you react).

I should start playing persona atleast once every other day. And to think my backlog is going to grow starting next week...

edit
sure invite

ggs man

ya I know your habits I just don't know how to get around them those fire traps that seem to stay forever, that jump cancel blockstring to crossup that seems like it never ends. It's a general Yukiko problem I have and I don't really know what to do in the matchup as I don't know what stuff is safe or unsafe with her, except for those far reaching persona attacks. I also didn't know until the last few matches that I can DP you out of your super.

And you Bursted out of the one fully charged fatal counter I've been trying to practice this entire time ;_;. If you didn't burst it and I did the whole thing it would have been 5.5k :(

ggs man

ya I know your habits I just don't know how to get around them those fire traps that seem to stay forever, that jump cancel blockstring to crossup that seems like it never ends. It's a general Yukiko problem I have and I don't really know what to do in the matchup as I don't know what stuff is safe or unsafe with her, except for those far reaching persona attacks. I also didn't know until the last few matches that I can DP you out of your super.

And you Bursted out of the one fully charged fatal counter I've been trying to practice this entire time ;_;. If you didn't burst it and I did the whole thing it would have been 5.5k :(
gg
Yeah fuck that nonsense.

I can see why the match is 6.5-3.5/6-4. Mitsu can push buttons all day. Coup is literally a free get in. I baited so many whiff ones by jumping but I couldn't punish because the recovery is decently fast.

Yeah I know you can dp out of the super. I kept doing it until I saw you reliably dp out everytime.

Also that jump cancel block string does have a gap. Also its not nearly as fast as mitsu IOH. I should be blowbacking a lot to get out of the corner but I haven't played KOF in so long (KOF98) that its not in my habits yet.

As you can see my Yukiko combos are all day 1. It cost me a few games... which sucked but it is what it is. I rely on reads and pressure. I'm definitely a long set player, short sets just wreck me.

edit.

I need to work on my spacing against mitsu. I remember back at launch week you had a huge frustration against yukiko and I told you to just walk her into the corner with 5A and coup. Shit is soooooooo good.

Onemic

gg
Yeah fuck that nonsense.

I can see why the match is 6.5-3.5/6-4. Mitsu can push buttons all day. Coup is literally a free get in. I baited so many whiff ones by jumping but I couldn't punish because the recovery is decently fast.

Yeah I know you can dp out of the super. I kept doing it until I saw you reliably dp out everytime.

Also that jump cancel block string does have a gap. Also its not nearly as fast as mitsu IOH. I should be blowbacking a lot to get out of the corner but I haven't played KOF in so long (KOF98) that its not in my habits yet.

As you can see my Yukiko combos are all day 1. It cost me a few games... which sucked but it is what it is. I rely on reads and pressure. I'm definitely a long set player, short sets just wreck me.

edit.

I need to work on my spacing against mitsu. I remember back at launch week you had a huge frustration against yukiko and I told you to just walk her into the corner with 5A and coup. Shit is soooooooo good.

ya, my gameplan for mitsu in general now is to make people fear her throw, as when that starts her most damaging combos begin to become available. 5k combos midscreen and 5-6k combos in the corner.

And how do you blowback in persona?

ya, my gameplan for mitsu in general now is to make people fear her throw, as when that starts her most damaging combos begin to become available. 5k combos midscreen and 5-6k combos in the corner.

And how do you blowback in persona?

I think its 6AB

GG to busai. Everybody is leveling up =O. Did you like my OMB combo LOL shit was so asss

Top Bottom