• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Ken

I finally started learning Naoto today.It's a lot easier now that I have some experience under my belt.

I figured out how to loop and the whole mudo > trap thing, but I have a question.

How do you do more than 3 loops in corner?I haven't figured how to do it.

You know, I always expected you to be playing Naoto based on that avatar.

But then Kanji.

I really wish there was a demo for this game :/

It's a fun game. Go buy it. It has my unsubstantial stamp of approval.

You know, I always expected you to be playing Naoto based on that avatar.

But then Kanji.

I was trying to play her the first day, but I couldn't wrap my mind around her playstyle.

Kanji was easier and way funner for me.

Now I'm trying to learn her because I feel like I've hit a wall with kanji.

totowhoa

Banned
Are there any good resources for this game online? I seriously haven't been into fighting games for like 10 years and I am just getting pounded online since I came back to the genre with this one. I used to play the shit out of them and was always one of the best in my circles, but that was before you could play online... so maybe I was never as good as I thought? Anyway, I really need to improve my game :( I've probably only put in about 15 hours so far though, but I've been dedicating that time to a couple of characters instead of just one :/ I haven't played ranked matches yet, but I'm like 3 - 10 right now online, heh.

Edit: part of the problem is that my mid-air game SUCKS. I've never played a fighter with such a large focus on that and I really need to improve that for sure.

Busaiku

Are there any good resources for this game online? I seriously haven't been into fighting games for like 10 years and I am just getting pounded online since I came back to the genre with this one. I used to play the shit out of them and was always one of the best in my circles, but that was before you could play online... so maybe I was never as good as I thought? Anyway, I really need to improve my game :( I've probably only put in about 15 hours so far though, but I've been dedicating that time to a couple of characters instead of just one :/ I haven't played ranked matches yet, but I'm like 3 - 10 right now online, heh.

Edit: part of the problem is that my mid-air game SUCKS. I've never played a fighter with such a large focus on that and I really need to improve that for sure.

Cross Counter made a series of tutorials (general and a few character specific) that might help, I dunno.
UltraChen also did something similar.

Onemic

Dustloop character discussion
Dustloop Wiki
Mayonaka Midnight

MechaX

Bleeeh. After finally getting the time to pick up this game, and after going through a rather frustrating training session of essentially trying to relearn everything that I learned last week (essentially the only real time I had to play the game), I think I have come to the conclusion that I may not have enough time to dedicate to a fighter between work and school.

*feels bad man*

Onemic

Bleeeh. After finally getting the time to pick up this game, and after going through a rather frustrating training session of essentially trying to relearn everything that I learned last week (essentially the only real time I had to play the game), I think I have come to the conclusion that I may not have enough time to dedicate to a fighter between work and school.

*feels bad man*

Just play when you have free time.

wanna play some rounds?

Onemic

YES! Marin Karin 5.5K combo plus free oki works! Just have to get it ingrained so its automatic.

Yeah, I'll just auto skip for a bit and observe. Now I feel like I'm wasting people's time.

I'm just practicing stuff, thats why I'm spamming 4B all over the place. player matches are for messing around and doing things you wouldn't normally do in serious matches. I did call the lobby practice after all ;p

YES! Marin Karin 5.5K combo plus free oki works! Just have to get it ingrained so its automatic.

I'm just practicing stuff, thats why I'm spamming 4B all over the place. player matches are for messing around and doing things you wouldn't normally do in serious matches. I did call the lobby practice after all ;p

NEVER

Spamming supers are legit strategies

Busaiku

See, people say number notation is less confusing, but this is like 1 of the few times I see "4" and have to wonder which player side you're on.
If you're on P2 side, it would be 6.

It makes things more complicated.

Onemic

See, people say number notation is less confusing, but this is like 1 of the few times I see "4" and have to wonder which player side you're on.
If you're on P2 side, it would be 6.

It makes things more complicated.

4 means back and 6 means forward

Looks like all I need to do is get the combo consistent as I seem to always mix up doing sweep instead of 2B. Also need to work on knowing where I am in relation to the opponent when doing sweep fake. Obviously a 4B after a sweep fake thats right in front of a player is not the best idea. At the point I'm pretty sure the only thing I can do safely is grab.

Top Bottom