• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Busaiku

Oh, ok, so I actually got that right.
I wasn't completely sure on that and thought that I should just go for it anyways, cause that's clearly top tier mentality.

The other time though, you tried to jump out of it.
That could've been bad if I used the C version, or maybe the D version, whichever version I didn't use.

And you only used your unblockable Maragidyne once, you should definitely go for that more when I'm fullscreen and just sitting there.

Oh, ok, so I actually got that right.
I wasn't completely sure on that and thought that I should just go for it anyways, cause that's clearly top tier mentality.

The other time though, you tried to jump out of it.
That could've been bad if I used the C version, or maybe the D version, whichever version I didn't use.

And you only used your unblockable Maragidyne once, you should definitely go for that more when I'm fullscreen and just sitting there.

Gotta learn it anyways if I play other character!

I stop using it for awhile because for some reason I thought people figured it out. The only reason why I used it there was I saw a good opening because you already tech.

I think I need to stop doing the agi B setup to full screen. It works once in awhile but I think the AGI A into oki pressure suits my style a lot more.

Busaiku

I can see it, but unless I'm in Awakening (so I can use Circus Bear), I'll still get hit by it.
My super jump timing is terrible.

I can see it, but unless I'm in Awakening (so I can use Circus Bear), I'll still get hit by it.
My superjump timing is terrible.

Yeah I noticed you were more open to melee pressure. I think putting you at full screen was hurting me rather than helping me. I never played a zoner in any fighting game so I'm not used to full screen control.

Busaiku

Yeah, ever since I discovered how great Teddie Decoy is, I spam it all the time instead of going for counter hits or something smart.

Yeah, ever since I discovered how great Teddie Decoy is, I spam it all the time instead of going for counter hits or something smart.

I think you just have to find that middle ground. Use it enough even if you get punish just to threaten your opponent but don't rely on it. You clearly have some really good setups. You also picked up in some of the games I started with jump forward and started 2Bing it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Despite holding out this long, my will power has crumbled and Im picking this up tomorrow. I just cant pass up a sequel to P3/4 even if its a fighting game.

Any tips for a novice and admittedly fighting game noob?

5AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Don't fall into the 5AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA trap!

Don't listen to this guy. Listen to me: 5AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

So I can beat someone so I can unlock the "Akihiko" title for "I love Akihiko-senpai." :(

@DY: So you're dropping Akihiko-san, eh? :(

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
He's still my main. Its just... you don't realize how much easier the rest of the game is until you start picking up other characters. The biggest adjustment that I've had to make so far is having to use more than two buttons. Oh, and jumping is good now too.

Soooooo. DLC predictions? That is, if we get any.

Considering how well the game did in Japanese arcade, I foresee a balance patch coming in the future (probably not for a while since the new BB is coming out). A magical new world where Yu and Yukkiko are top tier and Mitsuru is low tier

BlackJace

I think Atlus outright said there will be no character DLC, but I imagine there will be disc revisions before they finish up with the game.

And in that event, I'm placing my money on Junpei.

Aw man, no character DLC? And I don't think I could justify spending money on a new disc revision.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Considering how well the game did in Japanese arcade, I foresee a balance patch coming in the future (probably not for a while since the new BB is coming out). A magical new world where Yu and Yukkiko are top tier and Mitsuru is low tier

Yu is already near the top.

If anything, he needs Ky nerfs.

Deps

Only characters that really need changes is Mitsuru needs nerfs and Labrys needs buffs, Labrys is pathetic and completely useless. At the very least they need to make her DP not completely useless.

Onemic

Only characters that really need changes is Mitsuru needs nerfs and Labrys needs buffs, Labrys is pathetic and completely useless. At the very least they need to make her DP not completely useless.

Mitsuru isnt even the best chracter in the the game! stop hatin on mah nice fur coat.

Deps

Mitsuru isnt even the best chracter in the the game! stop hatin on mah nice fur coat.

I agree I think Aigis is the best, but Mitsuru has some really dumb stuff that shouldn't be there and makes some matchups dumber than they should be.

Busaiku

You should never use circus bear unless it's guaranteed honestly. Item toss more.

I mean, if I'm not sure if I can pull off a super jump, it's pretty much the only way I can avoid a situation which leads to about 4k.
But I use it all the time anyways to use it to try and think of something I can do.

Definitely not good sure, but this is my level!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Lab and shadow labs dp isn't ment to be used like a normal anti air dp it's an anti ground attack move. Use it's horizontal range.

Deps

Lab and shadow labs dp isn't ment to be used like a normal anti air dp it's an anti ground attack move. Use it's horizontal range.

You can react to Labrys DP. Unless I'm literally asleep, shes not hitting me with her DP. You have 5 years to see the DP and do your own in response. So unless Labrys has meter to AC, she has 0 options to get out of pressure because her normals are too slow.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
You know, the hitbox also includes her arm and chest.
It's ridiculous.

CamkP.png

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You can react to Labrys DP. Unless I'm literally asleep, shes not hitting me with her DP. You have 5 years to see the DP and do your own in response. So unless Labrys has meter to AC, she has 0 options to get out of pressure because her normals are too slow.

It's the same for s.labs, labs isnt THAT SLOW unless they hold the button down at all and not just tap

This is accurate because the fact she moves forward during it pretty much makes it exactly this lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

She's real good. But yeah. She's not on the level of "good" that you can just be like "I lost because Mitsuru and I'm totally not just trying to avoid accepting responsibility for my own failings."

Unless you play Elizabeth. Then you're allowed.

Deps

It's the same for s.labs, labs isnt THAT SLOW unless they hold the button down at all and not just tap

Really? Cause I can't ever react to Slab DP but the only time I ever get hit by Labrys DP is when I go for a throw and don't recover fast enough. Otherwise just press buttons all day then when I see it I start mashing my DP.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Really? Cause I can't ever react to Slab DP but the only time I ever get hit by Labrys DP is when I go for a throw and don't recover fast enough. Otherwise just press buttons all day then when I see it I start mashing my DP.
That would be because people are holding it down

TWILT

Banned
Good games Busaiku. You're getting better, though I need to stop jumping at the beginning of every round haha. I was so close to landing that 7k combo...maybe next time.

Noi

Just as a general point to show how fantastic the netplay in this game is, I wanted to show just how good my internet is.

2167997142.png

'tis why I always show up with a 0 or 1 bar connection when I play with you guys. :( At least I'm on a wired connection.

I finally started learning Naoto today.It's a lot easier now that I have some experience under my belt.

I figured out how to loop and the whole mudo > trap thing, but I have a question.

How do you do more than 3 loops in corner?I haven't figured how to do it.

Top Bottom