• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

I don't even know what this means.

I've been dropping combos all night. Can't get the timing down for some reason.

Maybe the two top persona gaffers?

From just post alone I would have to assume Q and Gods Beard are the most knowledgeable. There is that EC next level kanji avatar guy, but I haven't seen any of his matches.

I basically go 50/50 with Twilt if he picks Yu. 60/40 at worse. All of our matches are close unless he does the OMB combo.

Onemic

lol totally forgot to put the word best in there.

I need to do a 1 on 1 match. 3 or more player lobbies suck for trying to incorporate new things to your game. I keep dropping that combo before it can even begin.

lol totally forgot to put the word best in there.

I need to do a 1 on 1 match. 3 or more player lobbies suck for trying to incorporate new things to your game. I keep dropping that combo before it can even begin.

I'm about to leave too. I hate waiting, which is why I prefer 1 on 1 as well.

Onemic

About two hours of getting bodied by Yukiko. That was sure fun.

You just gotta get used to her stupid normals and fire traps. Like any matchup it really just takes getting used to.

But ya, she can be annoying. I still rage at her at times.

Characters that I found out are pretty damn fun even though I have no idea what to do with them after a 3 hour set of matches with a friend:

-Yu
-Yukiko
-Shadow Labrys

Next time I can I think I'll give Yukiko a try on ranked and see how far I get lol

Ken

Characters that I found out are pretty damn fun even though I have no idea what to do with them after a 3 hour set of matches with a friend:

-Yu
-Yukiko
-Shadow Labrys

Next time I can I think I'll give Yukiko a try on ranked and see how far I get lol

0/3.

You just gotta get used to her stupid normals and fire traps. Like any matchup it really just takes getting used to.

But ya, she can be annoying. I still rage at her at times.

Yukiko has stupid normals? o_O a 10 frame 5A that has the range of maybe Chie's 5C without the dmg, hitstun or scaling.

The fire traps are just all read baits. If I read that you're going to roll I'll mash 2A and win. But for your mitsu I noticed you liked to push 5A and try to hit the persona so I just detonated it as soon as you pushed 5A until you stopped trying to punish the persona.

The way you beat yukiko is to just overwhelm her. She has horrible options against the top characters if they are in her face.

Onemic

Yukiko has stupid normals? o_O a 10 frame 5A that has the range of maybe Chie's 5C without the dmg, hitstun or scaling.

The fire traps are just all read baits. If I read that you're going to roll I'll mash 2A and win. But for your mitsu I noticed you liked to push 5A and try to hit the persona so I just detonated it as soon as you pushed 5A until you stopped trying to punish the persona.

The way you beat yukiko is to just overwhelm her. She has horrible options against the top characters if they are in her face.

stupid in the way they are deceiving, similar to how teddy normals have the ability to combo at almost any range and she moves a bit when she does it. And 2A makes up for her slow 5A startup.

The problem is learning how to get in her face effectively.

stupid in the way they are deceiving, similar to how teddy normals have the ability to combo at almost any range and she moves a bit when she does it. And 2A makes up for her slow 5A startup.

The problem is learning how to get in her face effectively.

2A is 7 frames lol. As fast as Mitsu 5A.

I also don't think she moves when she does it. Its just that I run cancel my 5As. I haven't played other characters, but I assume they can do the same.

Also mitsu's range is a lot higher. You can be in a spot where you can 5A and I can't respond because either my move won't hit or it will be to slow to hit.

Steaks

I play Xbox, so putting me against Q isn't possible I think.

The world will never find out who the greatest is.

(It's not me).

Onemic

2A is 7 frames lol. As fast as Mitsu 5A.

I also don't think she moves when she does it. Its just that I run cancel my 5As. I haven't played other characters, but I assume they can do the same.

Also mitsu's range is a lot higher. You can be in a spot where you can 5A and I can't respond because either my move won't hit or it will be to slow to hit.

Im more talking about yukiko in general and not her vs mitsu. The only problem I personally have with the matchup are the firetraps, past that everything in the matchup to me are problems with knowing when my 5a is safe to use or not and what stuff yukiko does that are unsafe.

Yukiko only makes me rage sometimes because I don't know enough about her. same goes with naoto, lab, and slab. And like most characters in this game, she can be annoying.

MechaX

Bleh, I think I'll call it a night after these varied bouts in ranked.

Still seems like the game hasn't really clicked for me despite having it for a month at this point, stick Aigis is still horrible for me, and Naoto is... eh. Playing matches, reading up on stuff, and talking to FGC enthusiasts only gets me so far when the general jist of everything is still "start sucking less."

Still seems like the game hasn't really clicked for me despite having it for a month at this point, stick Aigis is still horrible for me, and Naoto is... eh. Playing matches, reading up on stuff, and talking to FGC enthusiasts only gets me so far when the general jist of everything is still "start sucking less."

My only tip is try to read opponents. When I play p4a, I'm constantly in the state of "what is their best option right now, what will they most likely do based off reward/risk." and act appropriately.

For instance, twilt has a habit of jumping at the start of the round so since I know this I'll respond with 5C just to lock down his options and force him to block. Other players including myself have small habits here and there that you have to pickup and exploit to win.

Onemic

Naoto seemed like your best character.

MechaX

Naoto seemed like your best character.

Possibly, but my problem with Naoto is that playing people with her is rarely ever "fun" as opposed to "tremendously stressful."

See, in situations like that were one combo = 2/3rds of her health, why even bother picking up the stick?

MechaX

GGs Pro. Still a little bit bummed that you were able to school me that badly with a character it seems like you hardly ever use. :(

Uggh, if I don't get some practice in soon, even scrubs like Q will start catching up to me :-(

...I wonder if there are any local sessions going on in SF.

GGs Pro. Still a little bit bummed that you were able to school me that badly with a character it seems like you hardly ever use. :(

Didn't we go 50/50? All I was trying to do was either IK you with the super or go for that stylish SMP combo. I landed the mudon ONCE. Then the combo dropped.

Also, I learned a little bit of Naoto because of my roommate so yes, I had some prior knowledge.

Top Bottom