• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

I don't think I've seen one Teddie or Labrys so far. Getting the Play against every character achievement might take a while.

I play Teddy. Beary interesting to try to get good at. I had like zero wins, and had a night where I went I won like 80% of my matches (not tonight that is for sure). Anywho, for the one guy freaking out, I can attest that there is definitely a wall, it's painful to try to get past, but once you do the game feels rewarding. It was worth hanging on.

Onemic

Labrys' strengths are her long hitstun and moujuu D damage with red axe for EZ mode combo's and damage. She has nice range on her attacks but they are kind of slow so you have to put them out ahead of time. 5AA, sweep, guillotine A, and a few other things are safe on block. The chain is unsafe on miss/block, so if I throw it out at the wrong time I can be punished easily. You can DP the second part of it(pull in). Her DP is nice but half the time you ended up on the opposite side of me so I had to use it more conservatively. I also didn't use 2B that much since Mitsuru can hit her before the axe touches her so I had to rely on 5A for anti air.

The matches you won weren't luck. 90% of fighting games is guessing what your opponent is going to do based on previous experience and you guessed right during those times. The trick is to try to stay unpredictable and not fall into patterns that get punished/read easily.

it's so hard to do anything to labrys thoguh I feel. getting in is the hardest part and one little mess up and Im eating Labrys' generally safe mixup game. That thing that traps you is the most deceptive thing ever as it doesn't stay in the place that its put, it moves around. It also seems like droit isn't as good of a get in tool compared to other matchups due to how safe Labrys' blockstrings and stuff are.

I guess I just need to find some pro mitsu vs Labrys matchups and go from there. If I could find some Kaiyu matchups against Labrys that would be great.

it's so hard to do anything to labrys thoguh I feel. getting in is the hardest part and one little mess up and Im eating Labrys' generally safe mixup game. That thing that traps you is the most deceptive thing ever as it doesn't stay in the place that its put, it moves around. It also seems like droit isn't as good of a get in tool compared to other matchups due to how safe Labrys' blockstrings and stuff are.

I guess I just need to find some pro mitsu vs Labrys matchups and go from there. If I could find some Kaiyu matchups against Labrys that would be great.

The trap does stay in one spot. I was just setting it further away when you were jumping away from me.

That's why I said pressure is so important. Once I got hit and you started pressuring me, I had to someway find an opening or lose the match which happened quite a few times.

You might want to look up some safe blockstrings for Mitsuru. And then work from there.

Onemic

The trap does stay in one spot. I was just setting it further away when you were jumping away from me.

That's why I said pressure is so important. Once I got hit and you started pressuring me, I had to someway find an opening or lose the match which happened quite a few times.

You might want to look up some safe blockstrings for Mitsuru. And then work from there.

5aab is a safe block string. going into sweep fake is safe too as long as its spaced correctly and you're not facing slab. there are other ones like 5aa dash 5aa, but 5aab is where most of her mixup and stuff comes from.

I need to watch those matches again because I couldve sworn those traps didnt stay in one spot. I noticed the same when I faced Noi.

Noi

5aab is a safe block string. going into sweep fake is safe too as long as its spaced correctly and you're not facing slab. there are other ones like 5aa dash 5aa, but 5aab is where most of her mixup and stuff comes from.

I need to watch those matches again because I couldve sworn those traps didnt stay in one spot. I noticed the same when I faced Noi.

The traps are fixed to one spot, but they come out at different distances relative to Labrys's location depending on what button I press, from A being closest to D being furthest away. So if I do 22A, it's always going to come out right in front of me.

Onemic

The traps are fixed to one spot, but they come out at different distances relative to Labrys's location depending on what button I press, from A being closest to D being furthest away. So if I do 22A, it's always going to come out right in front of me.

Well that explains it. So it can come out in a place other than its fixed starting area, if the labrys player wants to then?

Curufinwe

I play Teddy. Beary interesting to try to get good at. I had like zero wins, and had a night where I went I won like 80% of my matches (not tonight that is for sure). Anywho, for the one guy freaking out, I can attest that there is definitely a wall, it's painful to try to get past, but once you do the game feels rewarding. It was worth hanging on.

I got the achievement by setting up a Teddie only room and a Shabrys only room, so thats out of the way.

I had never played a fighting game online before so I'm surprised at how competitive I have been with Yu. I thought I would be lucky to win 10% of my matches, so 40% is surprising. Spamming 214D works on a lot of people.

Now I'm considering buying the Yu, Yukiko, Teddie color pack, even though on disc DLC is a rip off. What DLC have you guys bought?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I sold my game guys I'm tired of it, overall I think the game is pretty shitty and I'm going to just play Jojo's

LOL YEAH FUCKING RIGHT

Curufinwe

If it was $10 for everything I would probably pay up, but it's so overpriced I don't want to buy anything and encourage them.

480 + 480 + the five navigators voices that are hard to unlock at 240 each comes to 2160 MSP or $27.

Noi

The glasses, all the colors, and the Aigis, Fuuka and Nanako navigators. I'm also buying the P4 Golden Shiny Super Gold Edition.

Atlus/Arcsys own my wallet.

Onemic

ggs TWILT

Still need to work on strategies to getting counters and fatal counters on people. If I don't get that fatal counter 4B I have to poke people to death. I should probably start learning a combo when the opponent is airborne as well.

TWILT

Banned
ggs TWILT

Still need to work on strategies to getting counters and fatal counters on people. If I don't get that fatal counter 4B I have to poke people to death. I should probably start learning a combo when the opponent is airborne as well.

Good games. I thought you did pretty well. You probably would have won more if you kept me in the corner and baited my DPs more haha.

Onemic

Good games. I thought you did pretty well. You probably would have won more if you kept me in the corner and baited my DPs more haha.

Ya there were a few times were I got a sweep on you in the corner and could have converted it to at least 4.1k damage if not more, but I kept doing marin karins. :/ Im too used to practicing the 4b fatal counter that I've been trying to do all day.

Don't fall for this lie. He'll just super cancel it.

I know. I fell for it twice so I just said fuck it and stopped trying to punish. I was able to do it to him a few times as well so that sorta evened things out haha.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Labrys' story mode: WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL THESE FEELS!?

Also doing Score Attack with Akihiko is hilarious. I get some FUCK YOU TIGER UPPERCUT super reversals in on Yosuke only for him to SPEED UP and then KO me. :(

Noi

Labrys' story mode: WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL THESE FEELS!?

Also doing Score Attack with Akihiko is hilarious. I get some FUCK YOU TIGER UPPERCUT super reversals in on Yosuke only for him to SPEED UP and then KO me. :(

Raw ass Garudyne doing a minimum of 50% of any non-Liz character's health is such bullshit.

Busaiku

I've been getting a number of naked Teddie wins this weekend.
I think I got like 5 on Friday/Saturday.

Before that it was only like twice.

TWILT

Banned
Think I'll stick with the dark red Yu colors from now on. >_> <_<

Anyway, good games Ragingnight. Really fun matches (so close on that last one...)
Gotta break my habit of holding up forward at the beginning of every match. ._.

Think I'll stick with the dark red Yu colors from now on. >_> <_<

Anyway, good games Ragingnight. Really fun matches (so close on that last one...)
Gotta break my habit of holding up forward at the beginning of every match. ._.

gg

So many 40% combos qq. I was so pissed when my super whiff. The funny thing is I can tell if it whiff by seeing it but you have so little time to confirm the spacing. Normally I can space it right but for those 2 I was like "...yep that whiff...im dead". I might steal some yukiko combos. Or forever I will be stuck with day 1 combos lol.

ggs man

Your Kanji legitimately gave me problems, I couldnt abuse him like the other characters. dat dp.

I wish I did a bit better, I went for the IK one too many times.

EDIT: There we go

OlxBo.png

TheSeks

OH YEAH. EAT INSTA KILL, TEDDIE.

Fuck that Awakening SP move.

TheSeks

Got ranked down to B+ by an A+ labrys PSR stealing by facing me twice and a B+ Naoto. :(

Back to training mode.

Stop playing training and get in the GAF room. I'm playing.

Also got Mystery Food X off of Morrisey's Teddie who is the one I IK'ed. Was hilarious.

Onemic

I'm not the host and can't invite while they're in a match it seems?

FUCK TEDDIE FUCK TEDDIE FUCK TEDDIE FUCK TEDDIE.

That stupid SP attack. :|

super/double jump and do an attack to suspend you in the air. From there its just anticipating which version he's going to use. But ya, it's annoying.

Yay, got my A rank back :D

TheSeks

super/double jump and do an attack to suspend you in the air. From there its just anticipating which version he's going to use. But ya, it's annoying

I can't even super jump over it half the time because the damn thing is unblockable. Then he sets up those two side assaults that will make you gamble on if you want to double-jump (you don't since that super will come out) or block (which you don't because that super will come out).

I'm about to snap this disc in half. FUCK THIS GAME. >:|

Onemic

I can't even super jump over it half the time because the damn thing is unblockable. Then he sets up those two side assaults that will make you gamble on if you want to double-jump (you don't since that super will come out) or block (which you don't because that super will come out).

I'm about to snap this disc in half. FUCK THIS GAME. >:|

yes you can, that's how you avoid it. Weren't you watching how I avoided it?

TheSeks

That's just a combination of you mistiming your jump and Akihiko's jump sucking a fucking lot for that.

Mix of both, but mostly because the attack is unblockable. His Teddie was throwing out everything to troll us and I could rush in (only to eat barrel meteors), jump over (only to eat TV shock attacks) or block (only to eat SP barrel supers). :/

Top Bottom