• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
If it was $10 for everything I would probably pay up, but it's so overpriced I don't want to buy anything and encourage them.

480 + 480 + the five navigators voices that are hard to unlock at 240 each comes to 2160 MSP or $27.

I was tempted to buy some, just the glasses and the extra colors for Chie and whomever else is in that pack, but saw the prices and decided against it.

I was tempted to buy some, just the glasses and the extra colors for Chie and whomever else is in that pack, but saw the prices and decided against it.

I actually prefer the no-glasses versions of the characters and the original colours so it was a no-brainer for me. If they ever add new stages, characters or music, I'll be all over it though.

Shito

Yeah no, but for real, why did he... *sees Fighting Game topic*... oh shit, ok, that's true.
Ok then. ^^
Didn't really like the guy, but he was... entertaining to watch. The way his channel went down confirms both my impressions.

I'm tempted to learn her just for the fact she is a faster paced s.lab with actual combos

S.Lab has combo's.

Those titanomachia ones are pretty nice. The only 6k one I saw was at the end though for 150 heat.... :/

Well, at least she has good setups with Aterius/Asterios/whatever.

Change is good though. You can't play a single character for too long.

I'm surprised I've stuck with Labrys for this long. Usually I jump to a new character every week.

Onemic

Since Teddie's circus ball is a projectile, can't Akihiko weave through it?

Same goes for the barrel or meteors.

Weave is only upper body invincible I believe.

Yeah no, but for real, why did he... *sees Fighting Game topic*... oh shit, ok, that's true.
Ok then. ^^
Didn't really like the guy, but he was... entertaining to watch. The way his channel went down confirms both my impressions.

Looks like Q vs Jiyuna will never happen :(

Alucrid

Banned
I haven't played in ten days, I played a few player matches and got my ass handed to me all day. Looks like I'm starting from scratch. :(

Onemic

ggs poorfate

sorry for playing so lame. practicing A coup spacing is damn hard.

I haven't played in ten days, I played a few player matches and got my ass handed to me all day. Looks like I'm starting from scratch. :(

You still haven't accepted my friend request after a month :<

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Weave is only upper body invincible I believe.

Correct, which means I'm basically fucked against that super. Fuck Teddie. :| *snaps the disc in half*

*doesn't snap the disc in half but still is pissed*

RoeBear

Yea thanks Onemic, I was practicing those smp loops the last two days and I know 4 but barely got any chances to get you in em since you would burst or just be crazy blocking all my mix-ups.

Onemic

Yea thanks Onemic, I was practicing those smp loops the last two days and I know 4 but barely got any chances to get you in em since you would burst or just be crazy blocking all my mix-ups.

Ya those first 5 matches I was just trying to learn Naotos mixups and reaction to her AOA(which I still suck at), which is why I wasn't doing anything. Your Naotos really scary man, her ability to go on offense and keep pressure is crazy. her defense is top notch too, I have to play you like Kanji, bait all day.

RoeBear

Yea one of my other friends plays Naoto and we play completely different. I always want to rush in I guess cause I've played too much KOF and Akihiko, so I'm really aggressive even if I shouldn't be. But, it was fun playing you.

Onemic

Yea one of my other friends plays Naoto and we play completely different. I always want to rush in I guess cause I've played too much KOF and Akihiko, so I'm really aggressive even if I shouldn't be. But, it was fun playing you.

oh aki is your main? your Naoto is much better. Aki's Dp isnt that good either so it was really easy to bait.

xCobalt

GGs xCobalt, this was actually the first time I played a Naoto, still have a lot to figure out

Ggs, I need to put more time into this game. Gotta try and land some more damaging combos rather than just keepaway. Were there any particular block strings you were doing that were punishable? It always felt like I was counter hit every time I tried to do something.

Busaiku

Good stuff RoeBear.
I definitely need to work on my inputs more, so many times I get Persona calls instead of throws.
And I really wish Dualshocks had that octagonal gate. That match where I got hit with your Naoto's kick after running up to you (which registered as a jump instead of back) made me so freaking salty.

Also absolutely love playing games with you.
Those delicious 3 bars.

RoeBear

Yea kinda switched mains Naoto's loops are just too tempting. I love doing em but I get pretty mad when someone bursts out of them. I mean people should just take the 7k damage imo.

Busaiku

I save my Bursts just for those.
I'll take everything else, even if it kills me...

And you were great at getting me with your Furious Action.
I always thought I could bait them out and then get you afterwards, but nope, you always had to wait like that second before using it.

RoeBear

Yea that three bars is awesome considering my connection is actually horrible. It makes me really happy to see green instead of yellow and purple for connection. and good games

Onemic

Yea kinda switched mains Naoto's loops are just too tempting. I love doing em but I get pretty mad when someone bursts out of them. I mean people should just take the 7k damage imo.

Honestly watching good Naotos makes me want to side her. You can literally play any way you want.

You didn't let me get my 6K FC combos either. Naotos DP makes it really hard to do even with correct spacing. I say we both let us do it on each other and see who comes out standing.

RoeBear

Honestly watching good Naotos makes me want to side her. You can literally play any way you want.

You didn't let me get my 6K FC combos either. Naotos DP makes it really hard to do even with correct spacing. I say we both let us do it on each other and see who comes out standing.

Lol trap setup one more burst that i know does 9k sooooo if you wanna try it that would be like doing a first strike duel with your FC combo, we'd both have like 200 health

Ggs, I need to put more time into this game. Gotta try and land some more damaging combos rather than just keepaway. Were there any particular block strings you were doing that were punishable? It always felt like I was counter hit every time I tried to do something.

Yeah naoto's normals aren't that good, so she's quite vulnerable to frame traps like that. Definitely work on better counter hit combos, you blocked a few of my overheads and I got away with very little damage.

I avoid unsafe pressure with akihiko, and I usually try to OMC my blocked overheads and dash straights

As a rule of thumb, instant blocking the kill-rush usually gives you an opportunity to counter the follow-up. Mashing 5a is not a good idea unless you're anticipating a throw or cross-up follow-up. Rolling works against the more gimmicky mix-ups like overheads or charged hook.

Onemic

Lol trap setup one more burst that i know does 9k sooooo if you wanna try it that would be like doing a first strike duel with your FC combo, we'd both have like 200 health

Id be willing to. 6K FC combo in the corner leads to a reset or oki situation so it's fair game :p

Top Bottom