• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Busaiku

So serious.
You people are just in denial.

Also for the longest time, I thought Labrys's Persona was called Ariel.
And that she always yelled "Ariel help me" but omitted the "H" and combined Ariel and elp (Arielp) which I thought was weird.

But now I find out that it's Ariadne.

Nyoro SF

Yukiko's Instant Kill is clearly the cheapest in the game.
I mean 0 frame startup, full screen, unblockable? There's no other way I would get hit by that 100% of the time.

Yukiko secret technology? :p

I will say it is a bit faster than most IKs if you don't detect the startup where she kneels down.

Ken

So serious.

And that she always yelled "Ariel help me" but omitted the "H" and combined Ariel and elp (Arielp) which I thought was weird.

I don't know how she says it in English but it's pretty obvious that it's Ariadne with Japanese voices.

Scratch

AV0tj.jpg
forgive me

vocab

So serious.

Ya, it sounds like Ariel. This is why I use subtitles for everything.

MechaX

ggs omenic.

Sorry to bow out early, and this isn't even about loss or salt or anything, I just was not having fun at all. Like every second of those matches was just absolute irritation. I think I'm seriously just going to take TWLIT's advice and put down this game for now.

Onemic

ggs omenic.

Sorry to bow out early, and this isn't even about loss or salt or anything, I just was not having fun at all. Like every second of those matches was just absolute irritation. I think I'm seriously just going to take TWLIT's advice and put down this game for now.

your slab was pretty good, and honestly I wouldn't have been able to do any of the bullshit I did to you if you used her dp. It's the absolute best at destroying mitsus game.

MechaX

your slab was pretty good, and honestly I wouldn't have been able to do any of the bullshit I did to you if you used her dp. It's the absolute best at destroying mitsus game.

Yeah, getting some cross-up Asterius punches definitely helped things, but even then I was just thinking stuff like "okay bull demon where ar- oh... you're broken now. eh, what evs.." Whether it was playing against Mitsuru or the game itself, I just wasn't mustering any kind of enjoyment out of it.

Onemic

Yeah, getting some cross-up Asterius punches definitely helped things, but even then I was just thinking stuff like "okay bull demon where ar- oh... you're broken now. eh, what evs.." Whether it was playing against Mitsuru or the game itself, I just wasn't mustering any kind of enjoyment out of it.

I guess just take a break for a while. Ultimately if it's not for you, it's not for you.

Busaiku

If you're losing to Teddie than that just means you let go of the controller or something.

You have absolutely 0 reason to be opened up.
In fact you let me get in with j.A so many times when you can use your stupid Getsu-ei to easily punish it.

I can't even anti-air you because at best I would clash, but the d.B is at a disadvantage.

I wish ArcSys would balance that BS character, but oh well.

I didn't do anything cause I wanted to see why you were losing to a Teddie.
Cause you have absolutely 0 reason to be losing.

hypernima

Banned
Why'd you leave?

ggs Busaiku, why did you randomly do nothing when Morrissey was in the lobby? He's a teddy player that really puts me off my game sometimes because of his playstyle.

Tired of losing to Mitsuru so I decided to take kopyasu's invite and now iIm getting fucked up by Yosuke. I make bad life choices.

Onemic

If you're losing to Teddie than that just means you let go of the controller or something.

You have absolutely 0 reason to be opened up.
In fact you let me get in with j.A so many times when you can use your stupid Getsu-ei to easily punish it.

I can't even anti-air you because at best I would clash, but the d.B is at a disadvantage.

I wish ArcSys would balance that BS character, but oh well.

I didn't do anything cause I wanted to see why you were losing to a Teddie.
Cause you have absolutely 0 reason to be losing.

The matchup isn't in my favour if you understand it. You didn't make use of the times when I was in the corner, because I'm pretty much fucked in that position. The times when you used the items you should have noticed that I couldn't really do anything, but once I managed to get in you backed off and stopped using your items and just let me continue pressuring you.

You seemed to be using the bat more effectively though. And I don't like DP'ing too much unless I know it will hit, which is why I don't usually use it in the air. I'm not free to Morrissey btw, I beat him in the 1 match we played, but it's just an example of a Teddie player that uses more of his strengths so that his weaknesses don't matter as much.

G-Pink

Anyone on 360 want to add me and have a few matches?
Gamertag is GVPink, and since my internet is mysteriously giving me the ability to play online without lag today, thought I'd get bodied by some of you guys.

Busaiku

The matchup isn't in my favour if you understand it. You didn't make use of the times when I was in the corner, because I'm pretty much fucked in that position. The times when you used the items you should have noticed that I couldn't really do anything, but once I managed to get in you backed off and stopped using your items and just let me continue pressuring you.

You seemed to be using the bat more effectively though. And I don't like DP'ing too much unless I know it will hit, which is why I don't usually use it in the air. I'm not free to Morrissey btw, I beat him in the 1 match we played, but it's just an example of a Teddie player that uses more of his strengths so that his weaknesses don't matter as much.

I shouldn't be getting away with using the items though, that's a problem of yours.
That's an easy Persona break.

If you're in the corner, so what?
I shouldn't be able to open you up.

Onemic

I shouldn't be getting away with using the items though, that's a problem of yours.
That's an easy Persona break.

If you're in the corner, so what?
I should be able to open you up.

Ya and Teddie can do tons of damage in the corner. And he can keep you there.

My main problem with Mitsu at this point are just fundamentals. Movement, proper spacing, and reads.

And lemme turn auto pass off guys :<

Busaiku

Meant shouldn't.
But yeah, Teddie can get the same amount of damage with meter in the corner that Mitsuru can get anywhere on the screen without meter!

But not with my execution.

RoeBear

Good matches guys. Now if only I could play like that against Busaiku I would be happy. My stomach hurts and I need to eat so I'm probably done till tonight.

Busaiku

NO PLAY ME NOW

And I need to play your Akihiko more!
I have like no experience with Akihiko, Kanji, Yosuke, Elizabeth, and Teddie.

Top Bottom