• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Beckx

I'm curious about the players who posted earlier on in the OT and stopped posting... Did you guys just buy P4A because you were Persona fans or what?

Still playing. Have zero time to play anything currently. Keep checking OT regularly. Hoping someone sets up a tournament soon.

@#$! top of page. I guess I'll add that I don't see myself switching any time soon, I'm not a Tekken or DOA player, so plan on continuing SSFIV and P4A for the foreseeable future.

Busaiku

Two people playing each other shouldn't have any bearing on your connection.
The bars set in the lobbies are only relative to your end, but when they're playing each other, their connection is dependent on their end.

Onemic

Two people playing each other shouldn't have any bearing on your connection.
The bars set in the lobbies are only relative to your end, but when they're playing each other, their connection is dependent on their end.

If the host drops their connection, everyone gets dropped, which is an unfortunate possibility for me.

TWILT

Banned
If we end up doing a tourney, what's a good day for everyone? I'd probably be down for any day, though I might be busy next friday...

MechaX

Just make it so her dmg isn't stupid high. I would like to play her as more a melee space/pressure version of how I play yukiko.

The only thing I dislike about P4A is the high dmg combos that leads to a mixup on characters that don't need it.

Like Aigis can open you up for days. Too bad she only need to open you up twice/3times with 25spx2/3 to kill you.

With Naoto, the high damage combos for some characters is just absolute sadness. Yeah, you have traps, but you can either attack to get the trap out of the way or you can use certain moves to just nullify them completely (imagine my shock when a Yu player just either slid through traps or used raging lion through traps like they weren't even there). Yeah, you have guns to lock them down, but going for chip damage is not entirely viable in this game (and some characters like Mitsuru can essentially punish at full screen). She has a counter DP, but there have been times where it catches someone's attack, but the counter either whiffs or is so slow that the opponent can block it.

And then there's Aigis... 50 meter with an Aigis that knows BnBs?

I'm starting to think that most of my stress with Naoto is just seeing a lot of hard work go down the drain with a single combo doing 60-70% of my health.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm starting to think that most of my stress with Naoto is just seeing a lot of hard work go down the drain with a single combo doing 60-70% of my health.

Welcome to Akihiko's world.

"Oh, I'm in the lead. MWHAHA--"

*Awakening on the other guy, KO'ed*

"WTF."

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'm curious about the players who posted earlier on in the OT and stopped posting... Did you guys just buy P4A because you were Persona fans or what?

Basically. Haven't played the game for longer than an hour and I've had it since release. Made the mistake of purchasing this out of hope that I'd get Persona 5 on the 360 :p

May end up picking it up and playing through the story at some point, but there really was no reason for me getting this at full price.

Deps

Playing TTT2, the game fits me a lot better, I love footsies too much. But I still play P4u a lot, probably won't stop for a long time.

SerRodrik

Yup, that's why I picked it up and I'm still playing. I just don't have much to contribute to discussion here because now a lot of it is about the fighting game theory and systems, and most of that goes way over my head.

Nyoro SF

Basically. Haven't played the game for longer than an hour and I've had it since release. Made the mistake of purchasing this out of hope that I'd get Persona 5 on the 360 :p

May end up picking it up and playing through the story at some point, but there really was no reason for me getting this at full price.

You didn't take advantage of the preorder deal to get it at 48$?

It's how I justified buying Yukiko's colors so I could play in Gurren Lagann style.

Haven't played it in a while because I've just been busy/lazy. I have to go back into training since I forgot everything. I got it because I was a Persona fan but the story mode is awful and I prefer it as a fighting game.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Welcome to Akihiko's world.

"Oh, I'm in the lead. MWHAHA--"

*Awakening on the other guy, KO'ed*

"WTF."

Yeah. We eat reversals and awakenings at an alarming rate... matches just get harder as they go on for Akihiko :|

Just use Labrys and win the whole thing.

I don't use Labrys anymore.

Pick Labrys or Yu.

Same as above, with Yu added.

I got third place on the week one GAF tournament with my Labrys which I'd only used for a day beforehand. Q got first, and all he does is mash buttons, spam flame curtain!

That was week one though. The people who are still around now have undoubtedly gotten better since then.

Is next Saturday at maybe 8-9PM EST a good day for everyone? I'll make the challonge tomorrow. =P

But you kick my ass all the time.

From what I've read you've most likely surpassed me since the last time we played.

If it's next Saturday I might be able to play. Maybe by that time I can do some 5k combo's with Chie.

TWILT

Banned
For now, it's just a tourney. Depends on how successful it is. I was planning on buying the winner a PSN card or something lol.

Oh and if there's anyone willing to stream this tourney, I'd really appreciate it.

Halp guys, my cousin has got a copy of this, and I'd like to go by there and try to play a character that A) Has feint cancels B) is based on knocking the opponent down and doing wake up oki set-ups.

Basically: I'm trying to ask, who is the C. Viper of P4A?

RoeBear

Halp guys, my cousin has got a copy of this, and I'd like to go by there any try to play a character that A) Has feint cancels B) is based on knocking the opponent down and doing wake up oki set-ups.

Basically: I'm trying to ask, who is the C. Viper of P4A?

Naoto... her oki setup is after she pretty much kills the other person though

Busaiku

C'mon Roe, the more we play, the more you'll understand what I'm doing!
I used to beat onemic all the time, but after he figured out his (stupid) character and Teddie, I only got like 1 game from him out of like 50.

RoeBear

I used to beat onemic all the time, but after he figured out his (stupid) character and Teddie, I only got like 1 game from him out of like 50.

I know what you are doing the whole time. I can't punish your drill claw ever. It's not plus on block but you somehow can always get a dp out or throw which is totally dumb, you shouldn't be able to throw that move out whenever. when you're in awakening you always do circus bear. My dp can block it but I never time it right or I land right when it hits you don't even truly combo into it. Plus your auto combo does like half my life in damage while mine does like 1700 which is flat out dumb.

Busaiku

It's got a lot of startup though, so you wanna stay close.
The autocombo does a lot cause I'm always getting those counter Bear Screws.
Bear Screw's hurtbox is also huge, so it's super punishable from wherever you are.

I mean as we were going, you knew to expect those throws, so I always got punished for that.

I do the Circus Bear after the autocombo, since it's a bit harder to escape, but if you just get up a little bit later, you should have invincibility. I think superjumping would still work as well.
There's only 1 way to combo into Circus Bear and it's pretty impractical.

Onemic

Hey now, don't hate on dat elegant fur!

Top Bottom