• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Onemic

Good matches guys. Now if only I could play like that against Busaiku I would be happy. My stomach hurts and I need to eat so I'm probably done till tonight.

I don't believe this statement.
Please pick Naoto.
Please do it.

2mic pls
iu6mQ.png

For you I'll do it. I need a break from Mitsu anyway.

Onemic

I'm sure once you learn the matchup, it's not gonna be bad.
Mitsuru doesn't have any bad games!

Maybe, but right now I feel like the matchup is heavily in Naotos favour. She can play perfect keepaway with her traps and gun and she's so damn fast she can keep tons of pressure too. Her DP is also amazing at stopping my sweep game because it comes out so damn fast. I feel like you have to play her like kanji, really cautious and patient, baiting as much as possible, but the difference is that Naoto is much faster, and can hurt you at any range.

5D is a good counter to her keepaway shit, but she can easily full screen you making it worthless, add her lightning speed to the mix and its really hard to get in dat ass.

TWILT

Banned
Need to practice more with Yukiko...
What are your favorite new tracks from the game guys? I find the final boss theme pretty boss.

I don't know if embedding is possible in GAF so here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbG02IDelmU
If we're just counting new themes/remixes in the game:
1. Princess Amagi
2. Reach Out To The Truth -In Mayonaka Arena-
3. Spirited Girl
4. Heartful Cry -in Mayonaka Arena-
5. Best Friends -Instrumental-

I also like listening to The Junes Hero and Now I Know sometimes.

Ok, hopefully going to learn some big damage combo's tonight.

The issue with playing new characters is when you can only do 2-3k combo's while your opposition can do 5k and up on a regular basis due to being more familiar with their character.

Busaiku

Good stuff Geneijin.
I was gonna say you need to be more defensive (but not running away) and stop using Burst so early, but you got better with that as the game went on.

You should definitely be using your Furious Action more, you shouldn't let me get to the 3rd hit of my autocombo if you're blocking.
Those run up crossups are also good, but as you've definitely noticed, you gotta space it right so I can't Bear Screw you.

hypernima

Banned
Thinking of dropping Akihiko for Labrys, she has so much more interesting options, and to think I only played her as a joke for onemic today.

Geneijin

ggs Busaiku

Good stuff Geneijin.
I was gonna say you need to be more defensive (but not running away) and stop using Burst so early, but you got better with that as the game went on.
Nah, I wasn't getting better :lol

It was because of several things - figuring out how to punish Bear Screw, when can I not press buttons, why is j.A whiffing, what do you do after kunai etc.

You should definitely be using your Furious Action more, you shouldn't let me get to the 3rd hit of my autocombo if you're blocking.
I don't think you were gaining much of anything by it and wanted to see if you did anything else besides auto-comboing.

Those run up crossups are also good, but as you've definitely noticed, you gotta space it right so I can't Bear Screw you.
It's not really that (besides how awful my spacing is) but how small your hurtbox is vertically. It wasn't until I experimented afterward that I've noticed my usual timing won't work. The only reason I managed to luckily hit you a few times was because of I'm familiar with the descent arc from glide than my j.B hitbox, but I couldn't normally crossup Teddie as I do for the rest of the cast.

Curufinwe

The player matches really suck for me. So much waiting around only to find all the opponents are all better than I am, and tougher than ranked match people. And when I'm about to get just my second win in a player match the bastard disconnects halfway thru being insta-killed.

Busaiku

The player matches really suck for me. So much waiting around only to find all the opponents are all better than I am, and tougher than ranked match people. And when I'm about to get just my second win in a player match the bastard disconnects halfway thru being insta-killed.

Hit us up in GAF and we have FT10+s.

Curufinwe

I'm on the 360 and judging by all the terms you guys throw around that I don't understand, I'd just get crushed. But thanks.

I'll just stick to ranked matches and hope to see some E's and F's, although it seems like the supply of new players has dried right up.

Busaiku

I don't think you were gaining much of anything by it and wanted to see if you did anything else besides auto-comboing.
It let me set up a Teddievision whenever, and I could've scrolled through some items too (but I never did).

I'm on the 360 and judging by all the terms you guys throw around that I don't understand, I'd just get crushed. But thanks.

I'll just stick to ranked matches and hope to see some E's and F's, although it seems like the supply of new players has dried right up.
That's a shame.

sounds like people are swapping mains all of the sudden...I think I'm the only one that has one character. Well actually I think GB plays Mitsu only still.

Busaiku

I've got like 1000 games with Teddie!
For some reason I have 1 game with Shadow Labrys, I don't know when or why this happened.

Geneijin

It let me set up a Teddievision whenever, and I could've scrolled through some items too (but I never did).
Not sure how useful it was to you besides the throws you got out of it. It seemed more like a distraction away from your items, and something I shouldn't overly concern myself with because of the damage you got out of it compared to CH Bear Screw combos.

hypernima

Banned
I need to take a good break from this game, it's been fun PersonaGAF but I guess it just isn't as friendly a transition from GG as I'd thought it be.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
sounds like people are swapping mains all of the sudden...I think I'm the only one that has one character. Well actually I think GB plays Mitsu only still.
I'm still playing only Yuki. Had planned on Mitsu as my sub, but never got around to trying to seriously learn her yet.

Yeah persona is the most fun fighting game for me since 3s.

I bought TTT2. No buyer remorse but I expected not to even be near my top 10 of fighters.

The only thing I would want to change about persona is some minor balance tweak. Things like nerf naoto smp loop but buff her traps, gunshots and etc.

Busaiku

The only thing I would want to change about persona is some minor balance tweak. Things like nerf naoto smp loop but buff her traps, gunshots and etc.

Kill Mitsuru.

I want to properly learn BlazBlue, but I keep thinking it's too late, and Persona's more active right now.
Eventually I'll get back into it! Maybe.

Will definitely be getting that CP day 1 though.
It's different enough that I won't as massively behind either.

Kill Mitsuru.

Just make it so her dmg isn't stupid high. I would like to play her as more a melee space/pressure version of how I play yukiko.

The only thing I dislike about P4A is the high dmg combos that leads to a mixup on characters that don't need it.

Like Aigis can open you up for days. Too bad she only need to open you up twice/3times with 25spx2/3 to kill you.

edit
I tried BB. It feels off. Something about it doesn't click for me like P4A. Atleast BB Extend.

OceanBlue

I'm curious about the players who posted earlier on in the OT and stopped posting... Did you guys just buy P4A because you were Persona fans or what?

Not really. I should still be playing and practicing, but I devote too much time to GW2. I'm even getting stomped in offline casuals because of it.

Toski

That's strange, I never have connections issues or problems finding matches (PS3 version)
I have the PS3 version and mostly play ranked because I don't like sitting in lobbies. I get constant can't connect messages and my console is in a dmz. I don't have trouble connecting to people in UMvC3 on either psn or live.

Top Bottom