• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Geneijin

Yosuke takes Mitsurus main pressure tool away, 5A. Other characters can low profile it, but none are as fast, or have as much range as yosukes. It make 5A pretty useless and yosuke can sweep all day for free. The only way I can punish your sweep is with a risky 5/4/6B
The threat of sweep is to punish predictable 5A pokes from Mitsuru. If anything, there's more risk I take getting punished with a 5B FC combo that leads to an easy 4k combo than it is you who takes a measly ~1.3k damage from my sweep combo. You can also take dish out an equivalent damage easily from your DP (1k) compared to my sweep combo. There's very little I can do to punish a whiffed 5B at that distance anyway unless I anticipate it with either a CH dash combo or IAD > glide behind you, but you could still recover in time to punish with a mash DP.

It's 4-6 Mitsuru man.

Seik

Banned
If you still feel like playing after we can play some casuals.

I'm up for this! :)

Is there a players room somewhere, do I need to be invited by someone? I'm not quite used to playing online yet, just played a few with a friend for now.

EDIT: Its cool, I'm watching the stream and accepted people in my friend list. :)

Busaiku

Results for 1.4!
Alright, congratulations on TWILT for winning the Series 1 Persona 4 Arena GAFBats!

Final point standing...
TWILT - 38 points (4)
onemic - 24 points (4)
Busaiku - 16 points (4)
Roebear - 14 points (4)
Mo the Hawk - 10 points (2)
PoorFate - 8 points (2)
Prototype-03 - 8 points (2)
Beats - 6 points (3)
Noi - 4 points (1)
QisTopTier - 2 points (1)
CatPee - 1 point (2)
Beckx - 1 point (1)
laaame - 1 point (1)
RagingNight - 1 point (1)
hypernima - 0 points (1)
Supermanisdead - 0 points (1)

Hope you enjoy Persona 4 Golden!
Z97nd.jpg

And now, the winner of the random drawing is...
onemic!

And here is the prize...

Hope you guys enjoy!
Be sure to PM me your addresses.

TWILT

Banned
Good games everyone! Pretty happy that I won. Can't wait for P4G even though I don't have Vita yet lol.

Since ranbats are done for now, maybe I'll host another tourney soon~

FT10 for $100 and P4G. I've been sandbagging for months for this money match!

=P

So it will be a Twiltshowstopping vs OMGitzday1combos?

btw grats on the win. Much deserved.

I really want to play this game consistently but I'm stuck in that skyrim/zero escape/backlog vortex.

I literally have so many games to finish before my preorders kick in =(

Geneijin

On the note of sweep, at least from our few matches you punished my 4/5B's pretty consistently when I was trying to bait your sweep and it whiffed.
Your timing is generally off because of matchup inexperience. It's leading you to 5B way too early, and I'm able to accidentally punish your 5B with sweep, which shouldn't really happen, when you do get good reads because of your poor spacing on the 5B punish. Also, the only times I've been able to punish your whiffed 5B is usually when I expect you're spamming 5B, hoping I'll just sweep into it as I did a few times. That's why I just IAD > j.B when I predict that or IAD > glide.

Tizoc

*Opens up anti-flame umbrella*
Amazon.co.uk lists P4A for 31 pounds ($50) and that it's up for pre-order. Make of that what you will, but if it gets a November release, it can make up for my wait for Sonic Transformed's new December release @3@

Uncle AJ

Man I was unBELIEVEably salty after the last ranbats, I had a friend watching and I looked like a complete scrub on stream. Being pre-salty because of my broken arcade stick and scrambling to find a different one before my matches also didn't help.

We're starting an interesting tournament here in Kansas City: every match is a FT10, double elim, and the matches can all take place on different days, so you have time to prepare for each opponent. I'm up against a Yu (least favorite matchup) first round so I've hunkered down and started breaking down the matchup, recording Yu to do my least favorite things (throwing out 5B at neutral, IAD j.B to approach, mashing DP out of pressure, etc.)

I'm also trying to overwrite some of my bad habits. Probably my worst is using 5A -> 5B -> 5C -> dash cancel -> do more stuff as a blockstring for maintaining pressure, but it's really gimmicky and unsafe. Just a really bad habit I wrote to muscle memory early on and it's taking a while to un-learn.

I'm going to NEC in a month so gotta start getting serious.

Uncle AJ

First match Busaiku put me into losers (I will not try to punish blocked teddie screw... I will not try to punish blocked teddie screw...). Fought RoeBear's Naoto and won, then Beats' Yukiko took me down. There was one point where I successfully baited a DP, but underestimated the active frames on it and just ran headfirst into dat pink stuff... I think that was my breaking point.

@TWILT: Thanks for the offer but I think I'm going to stick to offline, FGs online mostly just stress me out too much and cloud my ability to think things through.

You just need to practice with real people more. It helps to fight the same person over and over again to learn how they play. Also try different things when you get whooped. It doesn't hurt to lay off the ineffective offence and focus on defense and approaching without attacking and watching how your opponent reacts.

Usually when I play in front of people I always say I suck so there aren't any expectations. Then you get praised when you manage to do well.

Feels good man.

alstein

Man I was unBELIEVEably salty after the last ranbats, I had a friend watching and I looked like a complete scrub on stream. Being pre-salty because of my broken arcade stick and scrambling to find a different one before my matches also didn't help.

I'm going to NEC in a month so gotta start getting serious.

Same here for me, but this is a secondary game. I just wish I knew how to level up right now outside of getting better at combos.

Onemic

ggs beats

I havent played this game in a bit, still dont remember how to do my 2B combos

One thing you should try to avoid beats is continually doing your backwards jump into air dash 5A. It becomes extremely predictable and I could have punished you a lot more for it if I remembered my 2B combos.

Beats

ggs beats

I havent played this game in a bit, still dont remember how to do my 2B combos

One thing you should try to avoid beats is continually doing your backwards jump into air dash 5A. It becomes extremely predictable and I could have punished you a lot more for it if I remembered my 2B combos.

GGs.

Yeah, I saw you punishing those lol, so I tried to stop doing that towards the end. I found that I did most of my damage to you with a few small hits here and there. It feels pretty difficult getting a good clean hit on Mitsuru with Yukiko :x

This may seem absolutely worthless for a bumo but I have a question. So I purchased Fuuka's Announcer Voice (yeah noob) but for some reason when I go to change the announcer voice...it won't let me choose her! Do I need to completely beat the game first?

TWILT

Banned
Good games Mo. Sorry about my connection issues; had to reset my router. x_x

Your Chie's quite good; really hard to block. If I may, I'd practice on learning to tech airthrows more; I don't think I got teched once and my resets were pretty obvious. Also, I wouldn't use burst too early in a match; I want you to so I can do a 5-7k OMB combo on you without worry (though you didn't give me much of chance to lol). Annnnd if you don't think you can block Raging Lion (especially online), you can always just DP it on reaction and I can't do anything about it.

Busaiku

Guilty Gear wouldn't really need something like that, since there aren't as many button combinations like that, and things aren't as universal in there.

Onemic

Guilty Gear wouldn't really need something like that, since there aren't as many button combinations like that, and things aren't as universal in there.

Wheres your game Busaiku? I see you signed up for the Brett ranbats. I need more NA players!

Busaiku

Call ArcSys.
I signed up thinking we'd get it in time, but nope.

He already published it before I remembered to withdraw as well.

Top Bottom