• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Onemic

My Yu to your Mitsuru win rate says otherwise. :3

Oh no, you don't understand. See, Mitsu doesn't just lose a match, she assesses a persons classiness and elegance before allowing someone the privilege to best her. When Mitsu loses she is not bested in combat, but is instead letting the opponent know that maybe, just maybe, they can rock a fur coat just as well as she does. You should be grateful.

RedSwirl

P4A for $29.99 at Gamestop. It only took about 4 months.

Same at Amazon too.

What I want to know is, how is the singleplayer really? I know it's basically a visual novel and the only reason I'm even interested in that is because of the characters. Is it like BlazBlue's visual novel mode?

Busaiku

Can't say myself, my only knowledge of Persona 4 is through hiimdaisy's comics.
It's ok though, expect more along the lines of BlazBlue stuff though.

There's a lot of Persona 3 stuff though, so if you haven't gone through that, then you might wanna hold out.

alstein

One bad thing about IK's online- they're a recipe for ragequits.

Yukiko's IK is great, but half the time I do it the opponent rages.

Ya, can't anymore, internet is a pile of shit again for some reason.

......and is that you poorfate?

That's too bad. I was looking forward to getting 5k'd repeatedly in the corner.

And yeah, I got a name change. :p

EDIT: I am considering picking up Extend. The online scene in this game is seriously dead.

TWILT

Banned
bsyVm.jpg
My Persona 4 Golden copy that I won from the ranbats arrived! Thanks so much Busaiku!
Now to proceed not being able to play it till I get a Vita for Christmas! =D

alstein

That's too bad. I was looking forward to getting 5k'd repeatedly in the corner.

And yeah, I got a name change. :p

EDIT: I am considering picking up Extend. The online scene in this game is seriously dead.

Yeah no point in playing it after NEC. I like the game but it's dead dead dead.

Not getting GG under any circumstances though.

Onemic

I still find it hilarious that this game is still not available in Europe with no release date posted yet. Especially considering the Atlus response to region locking, acting like the game would come out only a few weeks after the NA release. At this point it doesn't matter if they release it tomorrow, the hype for the game is dead.

Busaiku

I mean Atlus probably isn't really qualified to say anything about a European release, since they don't have a branch there.
They may have handed out the license quickly enough, but Rising Star are facing troubles or something.

T.O.P

Banned
Finally found a guy to play with online, we had like ten hours of matches in 3-4 days :D
I freakin love how rewarding this game is as you keep getting better, compared to BB i had some serious problems to adapt the first few days, now i'd probably prefer to shoot myself in the foot instead of going back to BB wich, i noticed, totally fucked up my execution

Finally decided to main Chie btw, i practically tried everyone but her fight style clicked immediately...i'll still play Kanji and Liz but Chie is totally on another level fun wise :3

vocab

Semester is about to end for me, and I'll probably jump back into some p4a online. Ya, the community is probably smaller, but It's still fun to play (there's also nothing else I want to play). If anyone wants to play, let me know.

Geneijin

Semester is about to end for me, and I'll probably jump back into some p4a online. Ya, the community is probably smaller, but It's still fun to play (there's also nothing else I want to play). If anyone wants to play, let me know.
I can play in 15 minutes if you're free then :lol (late ass reply)

PSN: Kopyasu

vg260

So I bought this for my 360 and it's buried in my backlog. Only messed around w/ trials.
Is the online dead for 360? (or only pros now)
If I want to get into online, I can probably sell the 360 version and pick up the ps3 one and come out even. Is the ps3 community much bigger to make it worth doing that?

Also any word on the usual upgrade/sequel?

alstein

So I bought this for my 360 and it's buried in my backlog. Only messed around w/ trials.
If I want to get into online, I can probably sell the 360 version and pick up the ps3 one and come out even. Is the ps3 community much bigger to make it worth doing that?

For any anime game, most of the userbase is on PS3. PS3 online is almost as dead though, people seem to only play Persona at tournies.

No word on an upgrade or sequel yet- right now Arc is working on BBCP (and will probably need to patch that before a console release).

vg260

For any anime game, most of the userbase is on PS3. PS3 online is almost as dead though, people seem to only play Persona at tournies.

No word on an upgrade or sequel yet- right now Arc is working on BBCP (and will probably need to patch that before a console release).

Ok, cool. Thanks. I guess I'll stick with it on the 360 and enjoy messing around w/ single player. All my sticks are for the 360 anyway.

vocab

There were a bunch of people playing p4a when I was online a few days ago (ps3). I'm gonna play more online this coming week. It is no where near alive as it was when it came out. Same with BBCSExtend. This happens to all fighting games sadly. I'm part of the problem because I stopped most fighting games after a month. Also, it's really sad the games with the best netcode die slowly while games like Marvel with insanely shitty netcode get played more. I love Marvel, but fuck that barebones online.

I can play in 15 minutes if you're free then :lol (late ass reply)

PSN: Kopyasu

I added you. I didn't catch your reply, but hopefully we can play in the future.

Let me have your gt, I will be playing p4a a lot more often since I am finally on break. Btw did you guys know p4a won best fighting game at spike's VGA?

alstein

There were a bunch of people playing p4a when I was online a few days ago (ps3). I'm gonna play more online this coming week. It is no where near alive as it was when it came out. Same with BBCSExtend. This happens to all fighting games sadly. I'm part of the problem because I stopped most fighting games after a month. Also, it's really sad the games with the best netcode die slowly while games like Marvel with insanely shitty netcode get played more. I love Marvel, but fuck that barebones online.

I added you. I didn't catch your reply, but hopefully we can play in the future.

If folks don't want to play a game, the netcode doesn't matter.

It's funny how this game stays alive for tournies- I think the simplicity helps it- you don't have to lab monster it up so you can just play- it's kinda got a ST-ish vibe in that regard.

Even the criticism that you've seen one char you've seen them all- also seems to apply to ST as well for many chars. You're not going to see two T.Hawks in ST play differently.

Finally somehow managed to get an S-rank today, first time that's ever happened. I do think this game taught me something about Arc fighters in general, I understand the basic gameplay more. I'd have to play BBCP to see how much of it actually took though.

Top Bottom