• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Alfredo

Yu has a personality (and a name) now, thanks to the anime.

And, c'mon guys, obviously new P4A characters should be:
- Dojima with Nanako as a Persona
- Vincent with Catherine as a Persona
- Mr. Morooka with Mara as a Persona
- Vinny and Jeff

OceanBlue

I'm so hyped for this game...that I don't even give a shit about Kingdom Hearts tomorrow...lol.

I'm hyped to be free...again....just like every fighting game.
I feel like I'm about to type some taboo that will get me flayed by any competitive player I meet, but being good at fighting games is overrated.

Rarutos

Someone on GameFAQs posted the unlock conditions for the Navigators. Seems like they're not connected to Score Attack at all if true, thank Joo Dee.

According to the JP wiki/2ch:
Nanako - finish arcade mode in Hell difficulty
Teddie - complete story mode for all characters
Mitsuru - complete all challenges for 1 character
Fuuka - complete all challenges for all characters

Finish Arcade mode with a character to unlock their Round Call voice- Shabrys's Arcade mode unlocks Rise Round Call.

Stark

Banned
You can always bump the difficulty down for story mode, and the game has a pretty extensive tutorial. It's also one of the easier fighting games to get into.

If you've played BlazBlue, is the tutorial better than that or just about the same?

Rarutos

Just realized that list is excluding
Yosuke and Aigis as Navigators.
I wonder how they're unlocked... Maybe THEY'RE the Score Attack unlocks. *gasp*

It all ends up sounding the same regardless of range. There's only so much one can do with their voice.

I'm sorry, but Rise's voice sounds nothing like Lust from FMA. Though I do see your point with someone like JYB (despite him being one of my favorite VA's as well).

It all ends up sounding the same regardless of range. There's only so much one can do with their voice.

Her Lust was pretty good. As was her Cloud of Darkness in Dissidia.

But yeah you can still hear a tinge of her higher pitched voice tho.

I'm sorry, but Rise's voice sounds nothing like Lust from FMA. Though I do see your point with someone like JYB (despite him being one of my favorite VA's as well).

Bosch is fine until he has to play a younger or wimpy character. It's worked for Vash(who still was badass) but fuuuuuck he was shit in Tales of Symponia 2....of course that might have been the character too.

OceanBlue

Don't worry. Online and in tournaments, all you'll be hearing is Kugimiya Rie unless the TO goes through the effort to find a console with navigators disabled.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Man if she made it into the game and actually had a persona / was part of the story in 4 would have been so awesome.

ilyI4.jpg

Parakeetman

I've been wondering if she's in P4 Golden in any way.

Unfortunately not. I got the 2nd guide book and no artwork of her exists. Sad, sad day for parakeetman...

Yeah, looks like I'm definitely buying the Navigators. Is unlock "dlc" confirmed yet?

From what I had originally posted with the Japanese DLC. Which was pretty much day 1
Cosmetic (DLC only)
Color Variety Pack 1-4 250 Yen Each
All Color Variety Packs - 800 Yen
Glasses Pack 1-4 - 250 Yen Each
All Glasses Pack - 800 Yen

Which Numbered Packs Contain What. For single purchasers
Color / Glasses Pack 1 - Yu, Yukiko, Kuma
Color / Glasses Pack 2 - Chie, Naoto, Akihiko
Color / Glasses Pack 3 - Yosuke, Aigis, Labrys
Color / Glasses Pack 4 - Kanji, Mitsuru, Elizabeth, Shadow Labrys

Navigator Voice (These are able to be unlocked from playing through normally also & completing varying requirements)
Kuma - 300 Yen
Yosuke - 500 Yen
Mitsuru - 400 Yen
Fuuka - 500 Yen
Nanako - 500 Yen

Yu has a personality (and a name) now, thanks to the anime.

And, c'mon guys, obviously new P4A characters should be:
- Dojima with Nanako as a Persona
- Vincent with Catherine as a Persona
- Mr. Morooka with Mara as a Persona
- Vinny and Jeff

We'll definitely get a quick look from them right?

Parakeetman

Aw, that's kind of saddening. I thought I heard she was in some capacity, like as the restaurant's waitress or something. But I guess not. :(

Have not seen her yet anyways. Owner keeps talking of her though its always shes out on deliveries.

*Edited
Really was hoping for a new social link / more reason to go to the shop besides the rainy day special.

Parakeetman

Isn't she that one NPC that married a Saudi Oil Sheikh?

No idea there, since does not look like she shows up in P4G as no character art of her in the guide book.

In P4 she was not even mentioned, first appears in the Anime.

SerRodrik

I've actually been wondering about Marie's chances of being added for a while. I don't know much about her role in P4G as I've been trying to avoid as many spoilers as possible, but I do know that she's
a velvet room attendant

No matter who they add, someone needs to use Jack Frost dammit!

LProtag

Man, I really want to get good at this game, but it looks like I'm going to have to be an online warrior.

Maybe like, next summer I can catch a train to NYC for tournaments, but it's expensive and 3 hours. Bummmer. I'm way to busy with internship/classes at night to manage to meet up with anyone around here because it seems like there's only a few small communities that are 1.5 hours away at the least.

Sigghhh.

Top Bottom