• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Chavelo

Okay, so I got a question regarding the DLC palettes.

L6RLb.png

We know the top 8 of each character's palettes are the eight default palettes, the 4 on the bottom left are DLC and the bottom right are unlockable (somehow).

Does anybody have a tip on the 12th palette for each character? It looks like the 1st one but with more shadow shading on it... Perhaps it's palette for the character's shadow? Hmmm, it actually looks a lot more like a P4: The Animation palette.

Take a look at a couple of other palettes here:
Yu
Aigis
Kanji
Shadow Labrys

Side note: TheGG/BB throwback colors are so sick, amirite? YIP YIP, ALL MY YENS

Beelzebub

Finally made a decision and pre-ordered the game for PS3 at Gamestop. The two employees chuckled and said how so many people are coming in and pre-ordering it, pretty surprising to me, especially in my area. Anyway, I'm excited for the game..mainly play SSFIVae so it will surely be a different experience but that excites me

zlatko

Banned
Okay, so I got a question regarding the DLC palettes.

We know the top 8 of each character's palettes are the eight default palettes, the 4 on the bottom left are DLC and the bottom right are unlockable (somehow).

Does anybody have a tip on the 12th palette for each character? It looks like the 1st one but with more shadow shading on it... Perhaps it's palette for the character's shadow? Hmmm, it actually looks a lot more like a P4: The Animation palette.

Take a look at a couple of other palettes here:
Yu
Aigis
Kanji
Shadow Labrys

Side note: TheGG/BB throwback colors are so sick, amirite? YIP YIP, ALL MY YENS

Got a link to Yosuke ones?

Sophia

Woah, one more day of waiting.

Or if you're me, you're praying that the UPS truck (which is now 45 minutes away as of 7 AM Eastern) has few deliveries and will get it today. :D

Finally made a decision and pre-ordered the game for PS3 at Gamestop. The two employees chuckled and said how so many people are coming in and pre-ordering it, pretty surprising to me, especially in my area. Anyway, I'm excited for the game..mainly play SSFIVae so it will surely be a different experience but that excites me

You're not the first person to have a story like this, so I think it bodes well for the game.

Prepare for a very different experience.

Well, my game has yet to ship from Amazon. My estimated delivery date is still tomorrow though. I'm taking tomorrow off for school
lol
, so hopefully its right.

zlatko

Banned
So I'm flat broke till Friday, and thus the wait will be brutal. I wanted to just trade in two games and use my power up rewards card at gamestop to maybe cover 40ish bucks, but they have no good trade in deals going on. :(

SerRodrik

Population : 266 (unofficial)

Wow.

Oh damn. We always make jokes about Hell here in Michigan, but I didn't know it was composed entirely of three buildings and an outhouse.

In other news, Newegg lists my order as shipped! It's only a matter of time now.

ultron87

Well, my game has yet to ship from Amazon. My estimated delivery date is still tomorrow though. I'm taking tomorrow off for school
lol
, so hopefully its right.

Don't worry about it. Release Date Deliveries often don't update to "Shipped" till the evening of the day before. I've never had a problem with it not getting there on the day. Though obviously what time of the day it arrives depends on where you are on the delivery route.

Sophia

Today is going to be a painful wait for me. Sick. running on almost no sleep, and I had to help family with their silly and stupid computer problems. I can only hope that UPS makes my day and delivers it today.

Anyone know if Newegg does tracking numbers? I need something to obsess over pointlessly.

Yes, Newegg should have a tracking number for you.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dawn of the Hype Train:

12 hours remaining.

*ahem* Maybe Gamestop will do a midnight release here, or has their shipment in and I can get it early today.
Haha, fat chance. :(

Chavelo

So I'm flat broke till Friday, and thus the wait will be brutal. I wanted to just trade in two games and use my power up rewards card at gamestop to maybe cover 40ish bucks, but they have no good trade in deals going on. :(

Yo, if you got some free time after 5:00PM for the weekdays, come down to my place if you'd like for some offline play. :D

zlatko

Banned
Yo, if you got some free time after 5:00PM for the weekdays, come down to my place if you'd like for some offline play. :D

You got an extra PS3 stick since I assume that's what you got it for? If I had the gas money I'd be there tonight in a heartbeat. :( I have 30 bucks to my name that I have to use for groceries to last me this week lol.

#poormanswag

Chavelo

You got an extra PS3 stick since I assume that's what you got it for? If I had the gas money I'd be there tonight in a heartbeat. :( I have 30 bucks to my name that I have to use for groceries to last me this week lol.

#poormanswag

no extra stick, sorry :( but i think 2 of the EFL guys are coming over with their fightsticks to try it out some more, so if anything we can have ourselves a lil' old school "winner stays on" set up. :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
All right...looking forward to finally have some North American players to play against!

And an even greater number of people mashing buttons with Yu!

Cheddahz

Banned
I had a dream last night that today was Tuesday, sadly when I woke up, I found out I have to wait one more day to play Persona 4 Arena

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Thinking about it, I still have yet to play against anyone using Yukiko and Shadow Labrys That's got be a record...can't think of another fighting game where I have never played against one or more of the characters over a week after release.

Character usage based on who I have encountered has been:

1. Yu Narukami (85%) (Mostly just fireball/DP and autocombo spam. I don't mind since I like his stage theme the best.)
2. Labrys (5%) (Mash that light attack/auto combo! Persona? What's a Persona?)
3. Kanji (4%) (Some pretty good players with him)
4. Mitsuru (3%) (Not as many as I expected)
5. Akihiko (2%) (Ditto)
6. Everyone else (1%)
7. Yukiko + Shadow Labrys (0%)

I have no problem with people using autocombos (I use them too!), but matches are just ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz when that is literally all people do. They just mash them out, too...incredibly stupid when doing so leaves you wide open once the combo is blocked. You can stop doing the combo at any time but these players don't seem to realize this.

Well, we all gotta start somewhere.

I forgot about the Labrys auto-combo spammers. More of them too!

Raiho

Neo Member
Amazon order will be here tomorrow. I was hoping the game would magically arrive today since the shipping facility is only five hours away. : /

Snakeyes

1. Yu Narukami (85%) (Mostly just fireball/DP and autocombo spam.)
5. Akihiko (2%) (Ditto)
6. Everyone else (1%)

No Steak Armada?

Cheska

I've been trying to stay as far away from this thread as possible since I know it would make the wait even more unbearable but I finally couldn't resist anymore. I can't believe we're literally less than a day away from having what I hope to be another amazing Persona experience.

Mesoian

Looks like I have to finish up my rewatch of Buffy The Vampire Slayer tonight, because all this week is gonna be spent on the Midnight Channel.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Amazon order will be here tomorrow. I was hoping the game would magically arrive today since the shipping facility is only five hours away. : /

Same here. I often get Amazon Prime stuff the next day due to the shipping center being so close, but not this time. Mine will be here tomorrow morn.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm sorry to be the guy who drags this up again, but has anyone tried putting the US version in a US/JP PS3?

The game is fucking locked. There's no need to test. Atlus has confirmed a lock. It will not work in your JP PS3 if your JP PS3 is not the same region as your disc. End.

@Lyte: I think you're forgetting that most people are coming from the JRPG. So auto-combos are "easy to do" and they don't really need to "learn the game" right now (if ever, if the fanbase stays at this level).

Just enjoy your easy wins, I guess?

Nyoro SF

Thinking about it, I still have yet to play against anyone using Yukiko and Shadow Labrys That's got be a record...can't think of another fighting game where I have never played against one or more of the characters over a week after release.

1. Yu Narukami (85%) (Mostly just fireball/DP and autocombo spam. I don't mind since I like his stage theme the best.)
5. Akihiko (2%) (Ditto)
6. Everyone else (1%)

I have no problem with people using autocombos (I use them too!), but matches are just ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz when that is literally all people do. They just mash them out, too...incredibly stupid when doing so leaves you wide open once the combo is blocked. You can stop doing the combo at any time but these players don't seem to realize this.

I forgot about the Labrys auto-combo spammers. More of them too!

The best part about this is that I was extremely assured that everyone would be playing Yu, Yukiko and Chie. Guess 1/3 isn't too bad!

Top Bottom