• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax |OT| It's SHO time!

FluxWaveZ

I wonder with the persona 4 arena DLC episode we can finally see what the canon route is for that game

Nope. Episode P4A is composed of each distinct character chapter from P4A; a literal translation. It doesn't matter too much in the context of P4AU's story, but it's a bit lame.

Ibuki

Banned
So the complete P4A DLC just adds the story from the first game? In that case is there any reason for me keep the first game if I am getting Ultimax?

Teknoman

Is there a PS3 GAF chat room? I've been out of the loop as far as fighting games with GAF go, but I remember we used to make Live tags and chat rooms so people wouldnt have to just add everyone to their friend list.

man i was hoping the p4a story dlc would help simplify the story and make it more easy. I don't want to play as almost every character to know the story. Just give me a straightforward narrative.

I'll probably main yukiko and side yukari. Maybe somebody else on the side as well. I won't play the game seriouosly as the dmg is way too stupid but I love the options of the game. Feels KOF like.

JPS Kai

Been trying all day to get this downloaded for a review. I've been having to trouble shoot things and haven't gotten things working properly. It will download successfully then get to about 15% during the installation and go corrupt every time. Arghhhhhhh~

Getting the game on Tuesday. Who's going to be downloadable and who's going to be free and how much will the paid for characters be (also when are they coming)?

JPS Kai

Getting the game on Tuesday. Who's going to be downloadable and who's going to be free and how much will the paid for characters be (also when are they coming)?

Marie/Adachi free for the first week, Margaret (not free) to follow a week or so later. All characters normally $4.99USD a piece

ZeroX03

Banned
Between this and Shadow of Mordor, tomorrow night is going to be very, very good.

What's the fastest way to blitz through P4A's story mode? I'm thinking Yu -> Teddie -> Mitsuru -> Labrys -> Yu (Re) -> Mitsuru (Re) -> Elizabeth to get a reasonably complete overview of the story, but my mind is a little hazy on the details.

Shouta

Still can't break 6.8k damage with Fatal Counter and Full Resources using Ken. I really need to find a good OMC spot to extend it.

Then again, this damage is probably to be expected considering it's one continuous combo as long as I don't drop it.

Shouta

I discovered that day 1, lol.

That's my main combo in fact. You can make Koro spin sooner and combo off the spin into j.b -> double jump -> j.b -> down j.b -> 2C -> DP. Does like 3.3k-4k damage depending on confirms and what you start with.

If you hit your opponent sooner, you run out of hit stun too quickly to finish it off but that actually has potential for an air recovery mix-up, I think. I'm planning on spending time to figure out where the optimum place is to drop/end the combo. I'm thinking that if I can do it right, I might be able to one mix-up kill folks with Ken if I have full bar.

//ARCANUM

So I own P4A physically and I am getting P4AU tomorrow. I do not own any DLC for P4A but I see that PSN has the ultimate edition of P4A (which includes all DLC) on sale for $14.99. I saw someone say that all P4A DLC will carry over to P4AU. Thinking of buying the Ultimate edition just for the great deal on all DLC. Will I have any issues with this? Will all DLC indeed carry over to P4AU?

Kenturoxx

Still can't break 6.8k damage with Fatal Counter and Full Resources using Ken. I really need to find a good OMC spot to extend it.

Then again, this damage is probably to be expected considering it's one continuous combo as long as I don't drop it.

I saw a video on Nico where Ken kills Liz in one combo

NEO0MJ

Hope I can find this game locally before it sells out. When the original game launched I was late to buying it and then had to wait a long time until they restocked.

Maybe I misunderstood but... there is "Shadow" Labrys AND Shadow Labrys (the one with Asterius)?

Yep.

FluxWaveZ

Damn, are some of the images not appearing in the OP? Minus...

So I own P4A physically and I am getting P4AU tomorrow. I do not own any DLC for P4A but I see that PSN has the ultimate edition of P4A (which includes all DLC) on sale for $14.99. I saw someone say that all P4A DLC will carry over to P4AU. Thinking of buying the Ultimate edition just for the great deal on all DLC. Will I have any issues with this? Will all DLC indeed carry over to P4AU?

No idea if that's a good deal or not. You should check the DLC page on the website and read the small disclaimers.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ugh, really lame they're selling BGM as DLC. Would've liked some of those P4 songs from the get-go.
I was really hoping Time to Make History would've been included, but I don't know if I want to spend $2 for it to sometimes play during a match. Same for the P4A Arranged Pack #1. Though at the very least, it's basically my favorite songs from the P4A pre-order OST.

vg260

Who preordered the game digitally anyway? I might be up for a late night lobby tonight or something :lol

Me, but I only know how to do auto-combos :( I'll probably be doing the tutorials before I go to bed.

Ugh, really lame they're selling BGM as DLC. Would've liked some of those P4 songs from the get-go.

BGM does not feel right as DLC, unless it has been remastered or re-recorded. Re-using pre-recorded music and not including it in the core game is lame. I'm pretty tolerant of DLC, as long as it takes actual work to make.

Zalman

BGM does not feel right as DLC, unless it has been remastered or re-recorded. Re-using pre-recorded music and not including it in the core game is lame. I'm pretty tolerant of DLC, as long as it takes actual work to make.
The worst part is that some of my favorite songs I was looking forward to are DLC. Pursuing My True Self, Time to Make History, Shadow World, True Story... Definitely won't pick up this game for $60 if I have to spend about $10 on DLC to get everything I want.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I swear if I don't get my tarot cards from Gamestop tomorrow, I'm... I'm... I'm gonna cry and then bitch at NichM to give me them. :(

bob_la_blaw said:
wow, there is more than 60 dollars in dlc already! that sucks :(

Go look at DOA5 if you want to see bad DLC pricing. I mean I like that game, but damn at the amount you spend for all the outfits.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The worst part is that some of my favorite songs I was looking forward to are DLC. Pursuing My True Self, Time to Make History, Shadow World, True Story... Definitely won't pick up this game for $60 if I have to spend about $10 on DLC to get everything I want.

No one is forcing you to get the DLC ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PK Gaming

They're selling Wiping All Out, despite the fact that you can access it for free in a P3-girl mirror match.

Unforgivable. Completely unforgivable.

Ibuki

Banned
I swear if I don't get my tarot cards from Gamestop tomorrow, I'm... I'm... I'm gonna cry and then bitch at NichM to give me them. :(

The first run copies all have the tarot cards and the bop bag packed into a weird plastic wrapped combo with the game itself. You will get them if you are picking it up on launch, they didn't even send copies without the bonuses yet.

JPS Kai

Someone else having problem with corrupted pre-load download?

Ah JPS Kai too.

I don't know what's causing it. I've tried other large sized games and they've worked just fine this weekend. I've cleaned my database, restored the file system, adjusted the MTU in internet settings, disabled media server, etc etc.

My friend brought his system over to download his review copy on my same router and was able to download/install it just fine. But me? I'm sitting on now *eight* attempts to download/install the game. I really hope Comcast doesn't notice the spike in download activity and give me a slap on the wrist.

Geneijin

Me, but I only know how to do auto-combos :( I'll probably be doing the tutorials before I go to bed.
I'll probably be experimenting too (although I really want to relearn my main). Hopefully, you have PSN. What's your PSN? Mine is Kopyasu.

Shouta

Basic combos in the game, aside from a few particular chars, are pretty easy. You can press moves one after the other without having to time them so you can connect a lot of moves just by using different ones. For simple chars like sho/minazuki you'll get massive damage.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The first run copies all have the tarot cards and the bop bag packed into a weird plastic wrapped combo with the game itself. You will get them if you are picking it up on launch, they didn't even send copies without the bonuses yet.

Oh good. Because they're the main reason I pre-ordered instead of waiting for a price drop. :|

Nyoro SF

Nope. They're just turning things that have no business being DLC into DLC, so you get less for your buck.

Indeed. An ignorant thing to say would be "don't like it, don't buy it" which dodges the actual issue of it should be free.

But that's just the way it goes, there's nothing anyone here can do to change it.

Game comes out tomorrow, I'll be picking up my copy from the Amazon delivery. I'll be selling the tarot cards and Teddie bop bag to fund a Margaret DLC purchase.

Ibuki

Banned
Oh good. Because they're the main reason I pre-ordered instead of waiting for a price drop. :|

Same here. The packaging is like nothing i've ever seen in games. It's hard to explain, but you'll see when you get yours. At least they made sure everyone who reserved got the extras. :p

Top Bottom