• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax |OT| It's SHO time!

Armaly

I see some new bgms but still no Maggie. :(

7573347624.jpg

Regardless, you can look at an opponent's card color (from light blue to red), and get a basic idea of where their skill is at, avoiding yellow to red cards to avoid more experienced players.

Thanks for this, just played some games in lobby following this advice and had a much better time than my previous couple of sessions.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You need to change your post match screen away from simple, that will give you a lvl/XP breakdown after the match is over.

Personally I think its a good idea to do that anyway so you don't have to listen to the stupid post match quotes in English.

This isn't in Lobby mode, AFAIK.

Also Margaret is up.

I just checked the SEN store and Margaret's available for purchase - haven't bought her yet, but will later.

Ended up buying the lobby avatar packs (3&4) and grabbed all the free stuff.

TheSeks

Geez. Level 30 for online is nearly 5million EXP. D:

FluxWaveZ

Geez. Level 30 for online is nearly 5million EXP. D:

Is that a lot? Looking at my own profile, I'm currently level 70 with however much EXP. Doesn't seem like it'd take too long to get.

Checking the rankings for the first time, apparently I'm Adachi #3 in the world in terms of PSR. Would have thought I'd stick more with Shadow Labrys going into this game.

TheSeks

Is that a lot? Looking at my own profile, I'm currently level 70 with however much EXP. Doesn't seem like it'd take too long to get.

It's certainly a lot when IK Perfects don't seem to jump your level up. :/

hao chi

Level 30 didn't take me very long to get. I had it within a week or two, and that was with only a few ranked matches played. It actually takes far less time to get to level 30 without playing ranked than it did in P4A.

Xenoflare

Made a C+ lose himself a bit when I give him the "Good game" quick chat, he pouted and then immediately used another character to own he and jetted. I think it has something to do with me breaking his streak? It was only at 3 though.

LOL. People really seem to forget that Awakened Elizabeth can strike twice with her SB Zio. Koromaru is a great pressure tool, though I think this is one of Ken's strength.

Marge is hard to play as, her teleport AoA isn't really that broken as I thought it would be.

Man her voice is terrible in the win quotes

hao chi

Y
It's not a hard rule and I have no idea what the preference is, but when I think "beginner", I think of the white, light blue, blue and green cards. No idea what the general makeup of the specific lobbies are just yet, but I think no matter the lobby you're in, you could probably find one of your skill level right now.

It also matters how you got your square color. I'm pretty sure two people on my friends list have a higher colored square from spending most of their time in a lobby with friends than they would playing against other people.

Colors are kind of wonky anyway though. Another person on my friends list was an S rank in P4A but only has a light green square. Granted they use Junpei, so that isn't helping their case. :p

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Atlus was running a contest for a Margaret DLC code and I won!

Kg2Uaf4.gif

$20 off the preorder + 3 free DLC characters = best value I've ever gotten in a fighting game

Zareka

Played through Arcade mode as Sho, "hey I'm not doing too bad!" Only had some problems with Akihiko.

Go online, get rekt in my first match.
It was an Akihiko.

God I'm terrible at fighting games. Back to Smash for me.

Bodied 3 times in a row, RIP my Ultimax career. ;_:

PK Gaming

Played through Arcade mode as Sho, "hey I'm not doing too bad!" Only had some problems with Akihiko.

Go online, get rekt in my first match.
It was an Akihiko.

God I'm terrible at fighting games. Back to Smash for me.

Bodied 3 times in a row, RIP my Ultimax career. ;_:

Everyone gets bodied when they go online for the first time.

It takes a lot (and I mean a lot) of losing before you start getting decent, and even then you're still liable to lose a ton. If you can put in the time to get good at this game (and I realize that not everyone has the time or drive to do this) then you can get good at this game, even if you aren't intimate with fighting games.

TheSeks

Level 30 in Network mode according to my P-card. No P4U2 player trophy.

WTF Atlus/Arc? Bugged?

Yeah, it's either bugged or they want you to do it in Ranked. Reach P-Card level 30 in lobbies. Have to go play a match in ranked to get it to unlock. WTF, Arc/Atlus?

Oh well. At least all online stuff is done.

Man I've been dropping combos like it's hot today. I don't think I've had a single round where I didn't screw up a combo somehow.

Also who are some good Yukari players to watch? I feel like I should study some videos for a bit because I am definitely not playing effectively right now.

Xenoflare

Playing with AI even at risky is nothing compared to playing as a real person, even with a shitty player. The AI is just very aggressive on the offensive side.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've tried on 3 occasions to get the 30 minutes of Training Mode trophy & nothing. And each time, I've had some form of movement/button press happening during the entire time. Not sure why it's not counting.

Top Bottom