• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Red Scarlet

Damn, close.
p4042.png

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
supersara.png

Probably pretty good/inexpensive on the 2nd time through, or at least easier to get (4/19).

So I
landed me a Yukiko today, and I have a question. If I had of chosen "on the futon," would it have gone down with the bow chica bow wow?
I need to know. Not wanting to scare her off, I compromised with the Sofa.

Blackjack said:
Story-wise, I maintain that Moon, Emperor, Hanged Man, and Death are the best links in the game and therefore should be on your list.
With the exception of Emperor, I didn't finish any of those.

Red Scarlet

Mr. Wonderful said:
So I
landed me a Yukiko today, and I have a question. If I had of chosen "on the futon," would it have gone down with the bow chica bow wow?
I need to know. Not wanting to scare her off, I compromised with the Sofa.

Same response from her no matter the choice. I chose and went with the floor after choosing the other two first.

I dunno how to make a clear background, but if anyone wants to fix it or use as-is can go ahead.
jackfrost.png

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Witchfinder General said:
Alright, I'm trying to fuse Helel. Is there any way of making him without using Ishtar?
http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=184198&rid=171014
160. HELEL + (Requires maxed link Star(XVII))
Surt + Sandalphon = Helel
Mada + Baal Zebul = Helel
Mada + Sandalphon = Helel
Tzitzimitl + Sandalphon = Helel
Scathach + Baal Zebul = Helel
Scathach + Sandalphon = Helel
Isis + Norn = Helel
Odin + Shiva = Helel
Ishtar + Shiva = Helel
Nebiros + Ardha = Helel
Nebiros + Lucifer = Helel
Arahabaki + Metatron = Helel
Arahabaki + Ardha = Helel
Arahabaki + Lucifer = Helel
Ongyo-ki + Michael = Helel
Ongyo-ki + Satan = Helel
Ongyo-ki + Metatron = Helel
Ongyo-ki + Ardha = Helel
Ongyo-ki + Lucifer = Helel
Atropos + Zaou-Gongen = Helel
Norn + Zaou-Gongen = Helel
Alice + Beelzebub = Helel
Mahakala + Beelzebub = Helel
Vishnu + Shiva = Helel

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I have to resort to the Auto-Leveling (which is also Auto-Money) trick to make the monies. This game doesn't give you enough (when you factor in the cost of fusions).

Majmun

I almost have 1mln YEN. Going to max out the Empress arcana with all the fusions.

Btw, is it possibe to max out all the social links in one playthrough? I've almost maxed all. Well, except for 5 sl's... I'm already in december.

Blackjack

Red Scarlet said:
Same response from her no matter the choice. I chose and went with the floor after choosing the other two first.

I dunno how to make a clear background, but if anyone wants to fix it or use as-is can go ahead.
jackfrost.png
Snagging that. You are my hero. :D

ilikeme

A few things I dislike about the game so far:

- The 'clue hunting' portions. Boring filler. Forcing me to talk to characters, great! :p
- 2 retarded months of summer.
There was NOTHING to tie Mitsuo Kubo to the other murders. Ugh.
- How few Persona you can keep.
- Not being able to dismiss Persona in the Velvet Room.
- Load times between small areas and going to the Velvet Room.

Hopefully I'm missing something here because the last three makes fusing a slow, cumbersome mess when it could have been so fun. If I have missed something please tell!

On the story up until the beginning of November:
Murder mystery spoilers
You can figure the killer out sooooo early on. There are no other viable suspects. And then they give you that cutscene with Namatame writing and saying he'll put them in safety or whatever. Why did they even do that? Before that I could at least make up retarded theories. Oh well, at least there's the question of why and how Namatame got access to the TV world and who set all of this up. I only have theories about that so far.

Some of the S.Links make up for the lame murder mystery though, so that's good.

Man, the culture festival.
So hilarious. Man, the group date cafe was laughably awkward. The cross-dressing stuff was hilarious, and Kashiwagi and Hanako were great in their patheticness. The whole Amagi Inn part was great.

I love the humor and character moments this game has.

Tamanon

Banned
ilikeme said:
A few things I dislike about the game so far:

- The 'clue hunting' portions. Boring filler. Forcing me to talk to characters, great! :p
- 2 retarded months of summer.
There was NOTHING to tie Mitsuo Kubo to the other murders. Ugh.
- How few Persona you can keep.
- Not being able to dismiss Persona in the Velvet Room.
- Load times between small areas and going to the Velvet Room.

Hopefully I'm missing something here because the last three makes fusing a slow, cumbersome mess when it could have been so fun. If I have missed something please tell!

On the story up until the beginning of November:
Murder mystery spoilers
You can figure the killer out sooooo early on. There are no other viable suspects. And then they give you that cutscene with Namatame writing and saying he'll put them in safety or whatever. Why did they even do that? Before that I could at least make up retarded theories. Oh well, at least there's the question of why and how Namatame got access to the TV world and who set all of this up. I only have theories about that so far.

Some of the S.Links make up for the lame murder mystery though, so that's good.

Heh, better keep playing then.:lol

November victim...
Holy shit that was an intense cutscene. Everything was just intense. I have to say I feel like a dick for suspecting Dojima earlier in the game as the killer.

They can't take Nanako away. Those bastards.

I can't believe the story is actually getting more intense.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
slayn said:
http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=184198&rid=171014
160. HELEL + (Requires maxed link Star(XVII))
Surt + Sandalphon = Helel
Mada + Baal Zebul = Helel
Mada + Sandalphon = Helel
Tzitzimitl + Sandalphon = Helel
Scathach + Baal Zebul = Helel
Scathach + Sandalphon = Helel
Isis + Norn = Helel
Odin + Shiva = Helel
Ishtar + Shiva = Helel
Nebiros + Ardha = Helel
Nebiros + Lucifer = Helel
Arahabaki + Metatron = Helel
Arahabaki + Ardha = Helel
Arahabaki + Lucifer = Helel
Ongyo-ki + Michael = Helel
Ongyo-ki + Satan = Helel
Ongyo-ki + Metatron = Helel
Ongyo-ki + Ardha = Helel
Ongyo-ki + Lucifer = Helel
Atropos + Zaou-Gongen = Helel
Norn + Zaou-Gongen = Helel
Alice + Beelzebub = Helel
Mahakala + Beelzebub = Helel
Vishnu + Shiva = Helel

Cool, thanks.

Fuck!!! (may or may not be a spoiler to anyone)
why doesnt the game give you any indication the justice and heirophant s.links must be completed by the beginning of Nov. I have both a lvl 9 and I just pasted the last day for dojima's. hopefully i can go to the shrine and pray then finish justice's before it is too late.

BlueTsunami

Riskbreaker23 said:
why doesnt the game give you any indication the justice and heirophant s.links must be completed by the beginning of Nov. I have both a lvl 9 and I just pasted the last day for dojima's. hopefully i can go to the shrine and pray then finish justice's before it is too late.

That sucks. I think the Shrine only advances the possibility of leveling up during an S.Link event doesn't level it up by itself. The problem with this is that Dojima's S.Link is pretty random.... you may be out of luck :/

Riskbreaker23 said:

I'm at the same place. I maxed Justice out awhile back, but I only had Hierophant at Level 7. :\

noi5e

Riskbreaker23 said:

You can't, the shrine just gives you points, you still need the actual person to be there. :(

I was in exactly the same position last game (held back by stats).

It's a lot easier to max everything in New Game+ though.

noi5e said:
You can't, the shrine just gives you points, you still need the actual person to be there. :(

I was in exactly the same position last game (held back by stats).

It's a lot easier to max everything in New Game+ though.

i think i might be able to max justice still. though tomorrow im going to try praying during the day and then spending time with her that night . im at lvl 9 so hopefully this works.

im still pissed that i am going to miss maxing dojima's by one stupid point.

the guide has the exact dates for the last day to max social links.
you can also find out at gamefaqs.

if you're at the november dungeon and you saved you're screwed for justice and heirophant. sorry.

MrDenny

I just died without saving. I just finished a mini boss with crazy defense and no weaknesses. It was easy, but the most time consuming so far. A few battles later this shadow uses last resort and does 350+ damage to my MC. Wasn't expecting that much damage because I had lots of defense and resist physical. Now i have to fight the time consuming mini boss again. Grrr.....

MrDenny said:
I just died without saving. I just finished a mini boss with crazy defense and no weaknesses. It was easy, but the most time consuming so far. A few battles later this shadow uses last resort and does 350+ damage to my MC. Wasn't expecting that much damage because I had lots of defense and resist physical. Now i have to fight the time consuming mini boss again. Grrr.....

You just got SMT'd.

MrDenny said:

happened to me just one time in P4.

oh, and welcome to SMT.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
yeah I've only been one-shot killed after a long time without saving once in the entire game, and that was back on the second dungeon.

I think this game is a lot more friendly than P3, where I was one-shot killed all the damn time after progressing far into a dungeon and not saving. I think your teammates "take a mortal blow for you" has bailed me out many times.

EDIT: I just noticed while playing
Teddie
in battle sounds like he's saying
BEAR-SONA!
. Could just be my imagination. :lol

I got SMT'd a few times in P4. A run in with Last Resort was probably the last time I got SMT'd. I learned to fear
those stupid dice.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
:lol

Spoilers for up to mid-November

I think it's damn hilarious how I am intentionally waiting on saving Nanoko until the last possible day so I can S.Link Up, but the other characters are interacting with me like I am the biggest bastard in the world for waiting to save my "sister". Today Chie asked me why we haven't gone into the TV and I told her to "Calm down" and she blew up and yelled at me for not doing anything to save her. Pretty funny stuff!

^^ lol

i wish i had waited longer to save her but i rushed cuz i thought i could finish her s. link, i was very pissed that i couldn't though...

Blackjack

Adam Prime said:
:lol

Spoilers for up to mid-November

I think it's damn hilarious how I am intentionally waiting on saving Nanoko until the last possible day so I can S.Link Up, but the other characters are interacting with me like I am the biggest bastard in the world for waiting to save my "sister". Today Chie asked me why we haven't gone into the TV and I told her to "Calm down" and she blew up and yelled at me for not doing anything to save her. Pretty funny stuff!
So why not just save her and then do the S.Links after that? That way you won't be a heartless bastard, you heartless bastard.

wangman31888 said:
^^ lol

i wish i had waited longer to save her but i rushed cuz i thought i could finish her s. link, i was very pissed that i couldn't though...

i did it at the first opportunity.
if you get the dungeons out of the way fast you can rank up with more social links.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I guess I should've better explained. I was doing a 4 Cross Fusion and the Persona I was fusing was only a Lv 3 link. And I wanted to use this new Persona in the next dungeon, so I wanted to S.Link up that Arcana before I fused it and went to the next dungeon.

Worked out perfectly, I might add.

2DMention

Banned
It worked out because life got in the way that I didn't really play this for 2 weeks. I was kind of burned out on it anyway. Now that I'm back into it, I'm enjoying it even more.

Holy shit @
Naoto's
story arc.

Late Sept. spoilers:
She seems to complement Kanji's perfectly. They would make a great couple, given their issues. I didn't think her boss was all that tough. I used that bird Persona, and did a lot of buffing and de-buffing judging from the posts about her. It helped tons. I may use her to replace Teddie as my pt member for dungeon crawling. Teddie seems to take damage like a baby, even with the current armor. I'm exclusive with Yukkio now.

Can you be "intimate" with more than one girl @ a time and be a playa?

I'm @ 45 hours now, how much more do I have to go?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Yeah you can have "intimate relationships" with more than one, or rather all the girls.

Okay so I just beat the
Heaven
boss and it worked out really well. Here's how it went down: My three other members only had fire and ice magic attacks. And I had Black Frost, so at the end of the fight when the boss
takes control of your entire party and turns them against you
I was able to absorb all the attacks! :lol Neat how some of the game mechanics work out.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
bummer so I just got past the last rainy day in the game. What do you get for eating the rainy day challenge at the restaurant?

I maxed out all my stats except for Courage... grr

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Adam Prime said:
bummer so I just got past the last rainy day in the game. What do you get for eating the rainy day challenge at the restaurant?

I maxed out all my stats except for Courage... grr

The beef bowl raises most of your stats slightly in one go.

Majmun

Finally finished the game after 96 hours.
My team consisted out of Me, Kanji, Naoto and Yukiko. All hit level 86

The final boss was easy with the Trumpeter...

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man I am super pissed I just missed out on the bad ending! I knew once I got to answer choices that this was where I had to decide whether or not to get it, but I had not saved in a while. In the end I made the right choices and avoided it.... then that got me to wondering. If you answered the incorrect sequence of choices could you avoid the bad ending - or ONLY if you answered the correctly to all prompts? If so, then I must be lucky that I managed to avoid the bad ending after not really having saved in a while (would've only lost about 30 minutes to that point from my last save).

Anyways, now I'm pausing the game to watch the bad ending on YouTube.

... and oh man I am still super pissed that
Nanoko came back to LIFE! WTF I was happy that she died because I was like "Oh wow, that is a really BOLD move for the game developers to have killed off a little girl character!" Her death made me respect the game and script a little more because you never see things like that happening in video games. And then they have to go and revive her!! WTF that's a freaking comic book death cop out. That sucks.
I know, I'm heartless. :D

AniHawk

Adam Prime said:
Nanoko came back to LIFE! WTF I was happy that she died because I was like "Oh wow, that is a really BOLD move for the game developers to have killed off a little girl character!" Her death made me respect the game and script a little more because you never see things like that happening in video games. And then they have to go and revive her!! WTF that's a freaking comic book death cop out. That sucks.

Well
I do agree with you. But I think it does a pretty good job to help get the player in Yosuke's mentality. For all you know, the guy basically killed a little girl and you can either get sweet revenge or hear his side of the story. There's also no indication that it would lead to an ending, either.

noi5e

In the course of a single week, I maxed out Yukiko, Chie and Rise's S-Links. Rather than making me feel like the man, this just made me feel dirty.

Adam Prime said:

I really glad that
she didn't die. After P3, in which half the characters in the game die at some point, it would seem kinda redundant to kill off the little girl in P4. Especially given that P4 seems to consciously try to be way more upbeat than the complete downer of a game that P3 turned out to be.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Second said:
Finally finished the game after 96 hours.
My team consisted out of Me, Kanji, Naoto and Yukiko. All hit level 86

The final boss was easy with the Trumpeter...
Ha same team as me. Naoto is just killer.
She
was the biggest damage dealer in most of the latter boss fights.

BlueTsunami

Adam Prime said:
Man I am super pissed I just missed out on the bad ending! I knew once I got to answer choices that this was where I had to decide whether or not to get it, but I had not saved in a while. In the end I made the right choices and avoided it.... then that got me to wondering. If you answered the incorrect sequence of choices could you avoid the bad ending - or ONLY if you answered the correctly to all prompts? If so, then I must be lucky that I managed to avoid the bad ending after not really having saved in a while (would've only lost about 30 minutes to that point from my last save).

Anyways, now I'm pausing the game to watch the bad ending on YouTube.

If you went that route, you may as well go for the
True Ending instead of just the Good
. Grinding/Fusion heaven!

My Compendium is 93% complete... incomplete S.Links is what's keeping me from maxing it out.

AniHawk

Pedobear said:
Ha same team as me. Naoto is just killer.
She
was the biggest damage dealer in most of the latter boss fights.

I'm trying to level my standbys and so far
Naoto's only use is for instakill.

My main team consists of Chie, Yukiko, and Yosuke. Yosuke's not that great, but it's nice to have at least one part member to have one element attached at all times. Chie's only there as a damage-dealer (Phys focus + God's Hand + Attack up = Holy fuck), and Yukiko's the healer.

In my side party, Kanji is pretty much useless, Teddie's the healer, and Naoto's all right if she can instakill right away.

AniHawk said:
I'm trying to level my standbys and so far
Naoto's only use is for instakill.

My main team consists of Chie, Yukiko, and Yosuke. Yosuke's not that great, but it's nice to have at least one part member to have one element attached at all times. Chie's only there as a damage-dealer (Phys focus + God's Hand + Attack up = Holy fuck), and Yukiko's the healer.

In my side party, Kanji is pretty much useless, Teddie's the healer, and Naoto's all right if she can instakill right away.

I find that Megidola is quite useful around the time you get Naoto, when a lot of enemies seem to be resistant/null/what have you to numerous types of attacks.

I've never found Chie to be that good.
Teddie blows her away with Ice attacks, and Kanji's physical attacks are much better.

I think my most used team is probably Yukiko, Yosuke and Kanji.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Big Icarus said:
I really glad that
she didn't die. After P3, in which half the characters in the game die at some point, it would seem kinda redundant to kill off the little girl in P4. Especially given that P4 seems to consciously try to be way more upbeat than the complete downer of a game that P3 turned out to be.

Really ? I don't even remember who all
died
in P3, I don't remember any characters doing that... aside from Strega? It's been so long since I've played that.

If you went that route, you may as well go for the True Ending instead of just the Good. Grinding/Fusion heaven!

This brings me to my next question: what do you have to do to get the True Ending in the game? What are the requirements?

AniHawk

Adam Prime said:
This brings me to my next question: what do you have to do to get the True Ending in the game? What are the requirements?

No real requirements necessary. Just don't go home when the game asks you on March 20. Then go to Junes and the rest sort of falls into place.

Top Bottom