• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Curufinwe said:
I thought he only confirmed that he had the importance of the
gas station attendant
spoiled when a bunch of morons sent him the link to that awesome P4 comic strip.

I think people had been posting the ways to avoid the bad ending and get the true ending in the comments.

ultron87

dustytruly said:
It seems everyone but the protagonist had to go through this... But I think it's because the protagonist was mostly good... Or something...

That's why my running theory for the entire game was that
the murderer was actually your Shadow. Because if you had the ability to put people in TVs your Shadow would as well. Then they'd just need to explain your Shadow leaving the TV world somehow and it'd all be good.
I liked who the villain turned out to be, but that would've been cool too.

So was it just a total coincidence that the first two people killed also showed up on the midnight channel? Or did Izanami somehow make that happen?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Tamanon said:
Actually, they brought up a good point in Ep 150.
Why the fuck was Igor talking to you if you didn't have the power of personas yet?

More importantly, how did the protag gets into the Velvet Room or the Wild Card ability without meeting Philemon first?

I wish they'd bring back Philemon =(

Tamanon

Banned
Curufinwe said:
I thought he only confirmed that he had the importance of the
gas station attendant
spoiled when a bunch of morons sent him the link to that awesome P4 comic strip.

They read the comments for tips on how to fight a boss or get an item, so they'd read the steps to spoil the ending, or even just the fact that there was another ending which would mean looking around.

HK: Hey Philemon was in the game!:p

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Tamanon said:
They read the comments for tips on how to fight a boss or get an item, so they'd read the steps to spoil the ending, or even just the fact that there was another ending which would mean looking around.

HK: Hey Philemon was in the game!:p

Yes but you didnt meet him until well after going into the Velvet Room for the first time. P3 Protag and Aigis both met him before.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, glad that they got spoiled anyway. :lol

But man, they have no friends! Who doesn't want to hang out with suicidal ex-fat girls or girls who hate their dads?!

ultron87 said:
So was it just a total coincidence that the first two people killed also showed up on the midnight channel? Or did Izanami somehow make that happen?

What do you mean a coincidence?

A person shows up on the midnight channel when they are being thought of, the first victim's affair is what caused her to show up and news about Saki finding the body is what caused her to show up.

Tamanon

Banned
firehawk12 said:
Well, glad that they got spoiled anyway. :lol

But man, they have no friends! Who doesn't want to hang out with suicidal ex-fat girls or girls who hate their dads?!

It was so depressing when in early December
They turned back on the cell phone and no messages were there because they didn't max any school friends
:lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tamanon said:
It was so depressing when in early December
They turned back on the cell phone and no messages were there because they didn't max any school friends
:lol

Yeah, that was awesome/sad. :D

I also liked how they reacted to that Nanako moment, although it brings up a question - what happens if you only hung out with only Nanako or Dojima? It'd probably have to play out the same way, I imagine.

ultron87

Fimbulvetr said:
What do you mean a coincidence?

A person shows up on the midnight channel when they are being thought of, the first victim's affair is what caused her to show up and news about Saki finding the body is what caused her to show up.

I mean the fact that Adachi killed them immediately after they appeared on it. Because they were on the channel before they got thrown in. That's the coincidence part I'm talking about. Because he threw the first woman in on accident (I think) and Saki mostly because she pissed him off, and not because he saw them on the MC or anything like that.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Just finished watching the latest Endurance run episode, good to see they're going for gold. Nothing stops the endurance run !:lol

ultron87 said:
I mean the fact that Adachi killed them immediately after they appeared on it. Because they were on the channel before they got thrown in. That's the coincidence part I'm talking about. Because he threw the first woman in on accident (I think) and Saki mostly because she pissed him off, and not because he saw them on the MC or anything like that.

I see what you mean,
Adachi's plan did seem to rely a lot on luck too

Ourobolus

Banned
ultron87 said:

I think the fact was that because the public was constantly thinking about the first woman's case, she appeared on the midnight channel. And, since the only reason Adachi could throw people in was because of Izanami, it was by sheer accident that he realized he could enter the TV, and his insanity caused him to throw her in. So while the two events are both related to the shadow world/Izanami, they're largely unrelated to each other as cause/effect. Damn Adachi luck.

chandoog said:
Just finished watching the latest Endurance run episode, good to see they're going for gold. Nothing stops the endurance run !:lol
NOTHING STOPS THE ENDURANCE RUN! NOTHING!!!

Chie Christmas event = fuck yeah!

kylej

Banned
old hat for most of you but I was blown away when I saw this. Not main story spoilers. Watch at your own risk.

video of
Margaret battle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6ZkfEgL0eY

1. I'm amazed at the effort the Persona devs (and English localization team) put into this game. To spend all that time on something like this which maybe 500 people will ever access is ridiculous. Reminds me of MGS3 in a way.
2. Margaret's fighting stance is badass. Such a cool optional fight.
3. Holy shit that guy playing is a huge nerd. Not only is he like a pro P4 player, he also put that video up less than 2 months after the game was released.... some intense poopsocking to get stats like that so fast.

kylej said:
old hat for most of you but I was blown away when I saw this. Not main story spoilers. Watch at your own risk.

video of
Margaret battle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6ZkfEgL0eY

1. I'm amazed at the effort the Persona devs (and English localization team) put into this game. To spend all that time on something like this which maybe 500 people will ever access is ridiculous. Reminds me of MGS3 in a way.
2. Margaret's fighting stance is badass. Such a cool optional fight.
3. Holy shit that guy playing is a huge nerd. Not only is he like a pro P4 player, he also put that video up less than 2 months after the game was released.... some intense poopsocking to get stats like that so fast.

Omega is just like that with most games.

"Withstand THIS!" Mitsuru still sounds awesome. :lol

I can't tell whether she's easier or harder than Liz.

Espada

Ah, Omega's video reminds me of how much more I enjoyed fighting Margaret than I did Elizabeth. I still did a double take at Izanagi at level 88.Looks like omeone likes his design a lot. :lol

ultron87

Looks like today's Endurance Run is probably the last one. Sad day.

I'm actually only on Ep. 151, but the finish is so close.

I hope their hiatus before starting another game isn't that long.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm still watching today's episode, but I'm willing to wager they lose the first time. They're rather under-leveled and have no idea about the combo attack the final does:p

-edit-

Hoooooly shit at
Vinny hitting triangle on the second phase when thinking about analyzing and them wasting a turn
:lol :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Goddammit, can't finish today's episode, freezes up around 63 minutes or so, right after the remix kicks in. Will try later:(

Still have to watch yesterday's episode, so I'm looking at two-and-a-half hours of Persona 4 lovin' to go with my grinding out the Abyss of Time. But I still cannot get over one fact:

Duder, it's over. ;_;

Tamanon said:
Goddammit, can't finish today's episode, freezes up around 63 minutes or so, right after the remix kicks in. Will try later:(

Mine froze just when they were about to start fight her. :{ Loading up slowly.

ultron87

Wordsgohere said:
Climactic ending to this episode.

They win. But the end it at the bit where Izanami pulls you under.

That part is so stressful!
Especially the first two times she does it and your party members take it for you. And then it is just you and one other against this huge ass monster.

Curufinwe

It's even more stressful when you've already been insta-killed by
Summons to Yomi
the first time fighting the boss.

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode. Hopefully the whole site won't be offline again in the morning.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, my first time fightin the boss I lost to
Being enervated then summoned to Yomi in one turn

Was just plowing through the fight too, no problems whatsoever.

Finally finished watching the episode, good time to conclude, it's all happy stuff from here on out!

I could have finished the boss my first try but I got cocky and didn't guard after it mind charged. I couldn't resist, I was mind charged it was debilitated and Ragnarok was hitting it for over 1000 hp, so I took my chance.

I never considered that
Rush the final Boss strategy,
Vinny went with. Too bad he only did it for one round.
I've accidentally pressed Triangle before. I'd freak out frantically tapping the button, turning it on and off a few more turns until I sorted it out.

:lol The remix fight theme does pump you up during that fight.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Woohoo, awesome episode. But it's going to end tomorrow :(

the bit where they accidentally rushed was funny cuz it's happened to me a couple of times too :lol. But still
they really could have used more full S links for the forthcoming scenes ..

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, I thought they would have finished it up today but I guess not. Still, I'm going to miss it. :(

As much as I'd love them to do a Persona 1 Endurance Run, I can't see that happening. :lol:

Well that's that. 100 hours over 7.5 months or so doesn't seem like all that long. It's like 3 and half hours a week. I think I spend more time getting coffee at work. I'm glad they stuck with it to the end.

Felix Lighter said:
Well that's that. 99 hours and 59 minutes over 7.5 months or so doesn't seem like all that long. It's like 3 and half hours a week. I think I spend more time getting coffee at work. I'm glad they stuck with it to the end.
Fixed. :lol

Yaweee

So, do you think the Endurance Run had a net benefit on sales? Did it encourage more people to get P4 or FES than it encouraged not to by showing the entire game?

Danielsan

Duders it's over.
Loved the 99h 59 min part. :lol
It was an epic run. It also made me realize how much people can suck at games and how frustrating it can be to watch them F up. Vinny is a hilarious and swell guy but man some of the decisions made... :lol

Yaweee said:
So, do you think the Endurance Run had a net benefit on sales? Did it encourage more people to get P4 or FES than it encouraged not to by showing the entire game?
I think it definitely benefited the sales of Persona games. They showed the entire game but they showed it across a span of 7.5 months. Ton of people who were unfamiliar with the series got hooked on the endurance run and decided to try the game(s) for themselves. Others were just content watching the endurance run and these people wouldn't have ever bought the game in the first place.

Yaweee said:

While my copy was one I had from Square Enix ages ago (they published it in the UK and sent me two copies; I handed one off to the person who reviewed it and kept the other), I can say that I've happily just begun playing this game and it's all down to the Endurance Run. I'd never have played it otherwise.

I'm sure there's plenty of people out there like me who have been swayed but didn't own the game so ended up buying it.

Yaweee said:

It definitely sold me on the game. I really had no interest in the game or the Endurance Run at first. I ended up watching an episode after they talked about it on the Bombcast and I was hooked. 30-40 episodes later, I felt compelled to play something like it, and after realizing there wasn't any alternative that would satisfy me I decided to just play Persona 4.

grkazan12

Yaweee said:

Yes and no for me because I wanted to buy Persona 4, but I just became lazy and school took it's toll on me so I just ended up watching the endurance runs but it has me interested in what Persona 5 is going to be.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
chandoog said:
If not sales, it at least raised a lot of people's opinion on the game.
Pretty much. I'd imagine a lot of people had skeptical thoughts when they heard "high-school sim" and "dating-sim elements" thrown out when describing the last 2 Persona games.

Maxirugi

Yaweee said:

The Endurance Run caused me to go out and rebuy a PS2 specifically to play this game!

ghostmind

Yaweee said:

It put Persona series on my radar, so that now I can say that P5 will be one of my most anticipated games in a long time.

Tamanon

Banned
Oh man, the 99 hour 59 minute thing was hilarious.:lol

Damn, I'm gonna miss my daily fix:( But just seeing them react to Charlie going all MJ on the boss was great.

Top Bottom