• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

DMPrince said:
who the hell keeps camping out for the S.Link pack? ;(

what is the regular price of it anyways? :lol

I'm pretty sure it was $30. I had it ordered twice, but I was stupid and didn't end up getting it.

Teknoman

Duck Amuck said:
2nd dungeon spoiler:

Kanji's quest for cock is fucking hilarious

It's interesting to see a game with a homosexual character and not treat them as effeminate cock ticklers with the gay accent and everything.

Also, I just find this funny, but I put the soundtrack on my Zune. This morning I cranked it as I walked out the door and it started raining. Haha.

I got Chie's S link rank up to a good level and she learned the biggest most bad ass move ever. When an enemy is knocked down, sometimes she'll kick another enemy into the sky. It's so awesome. Chie > Yukari

Whats the rainy day theme called? I probably wont start Persona 4 until I finish Tales of Vesperia...or at least up until Christmas, but I opened the package up for the soundtrack disc.

Really wanna look at my artbook but dont wanna be spoiled :lol

Teknoman

Duck Amuck said:
There's no music on a rainy day.

Oh. Yeah just noticed that a few posts up. Just thought there was since what you said about the rain starting (side note: Wow snowed in Houston for the first time in like...10+ years).

Anyway, you can actually control all party members like in Persona 2 now? Didnt know that. Guess it does share more with P2 than just certain music styles and murder mystery theme.

Hero

They have to do the largest size possible because the skinnier people can still wear them, just not as well. Shrink your clothes.

NichM

Banned
Duck Amuck said:
P4's S links so far are all good people. They're all appealing so far, but not as varied as P3's. I see no athlete I'm trying to convince continue playing basketball even though he could damage his leg to the point where he can't use it anymore. I don't see some guy for the student council that asks you to bully some students to find out who smoked in the bathroom.

I hope for more quirky personalities in the S links as the game continues. Ai seems to be pretty mischievous but that's it.

Just wait until you meet Devil. Also, remember that even in P3, all the S Links started out pretty normal. The neuroses didn't usually start flying until the 4th or 5th ranks.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Question on the first two quests....

I've ascertained I need to be in Yukiko's castle, and fight the knights and magicians, which I think only show up on the later floors....but even on those, I can't find them. Do I need to kill the "new" boss inside before they appear, wait til it rains again for the enemies to get stronger, am I just unlucky?

FORMATION, FORMATION.
Now I got that song stuck on my head, but man this game is hard, didn't expect to have died this much already. Teddie's VA is awesome, actually the VA is pretty good in general, honorifics aside.

Teknoman

Wait so if you set everyone under Direct Commands, then you can input what you want your party members to do, as in, non-AI controlled?

Tamanon

Banned
Prime crotch said:
FORMATION, FORMATION.
Now I got that song stuck on my head, but man this game is hard, didn't expect to have died this much already. Teddie's VA is awesome, actually the VA is pretty good in general, honorifics aside.

Oh, it's "Formation"? I thought it was "Donation"! And yeah that song was stuck in my head when I went to sleep. Catchy tunes in the game.

inner-G

Banned
Teknoman said:
Wait so if you set everyone under Direct Commands, then you can input what you want your party members to do, as in, non-AI controlled?
1st thing that i did.

Feels a lot more like a standard SMT battle system.

Tenks

Tamanon said:
Maybe i'm alone on this one, but the normal shadows in the dungeon seem to be a bit harder than P3's. Maybe it's just because I'm only on the 3rd dungeon, but some of them are pretty damn tough, whether it's because of resistances or synergy.

I agree. Those little fuck kings with the mustache's on the first few levels of the castle dungeon were a pain for a bit until I got Agi. Those baby shits they summoned hit for like 35 and it took more than Zio + All Out Attack to kill them. I hated those shits.

kiryogi

Banned
Again agreed with Shouta. But I must say I've always like how Showtaro sounds. Japanese Yosuke was voiced by Naruto's Shikamaru and Advent Children's Kadaj. On the Kuma/Teddie note, usually you'd probably hate the character straight from the beginning. Yet, Kappei manages to pull it off in a way that you'll really love him in the end.

And yeah, I imagine there will be an undub for P4.

Tamanon

Banned
Tenks said:
I agree. Those little fuck kings with the mustache's on the first few levels of the castle dungeon were a pain for a bit until I got Agi. Those baby shits they summoned hit for like 35 and it took more than Zio + All Out Attack to kill them. I hated those shits.

Wait until you get to those dice that you think you're going to kill with a Zio and an all-out attack, but then you don't so they all cast Last Resort and nuke your party.:lol

SaitoH

Ok, I live in Canada and the Persona 4 I preordered finally came. Thing is I didn't get my preorder bonus artbook because apparently they only got one in and it was first come first serve. I'm very annoyed, but is the artbook worth kicking up a stink for?

kiryogi

Banned
Duck Amuck said:
Right now I'm finding the game's difficulty to be pretty easy. I might have over leveled and stuff because unlike P3, I'm not pacing myself in the dungeons in case I don't get tired. Since you can pretty much go any day you want and have not to worry about your status, I'm finding it pretty easy.

I just upgraded my weapons for the first time at the shop earlier this morning. I was doing fine with my regular weapons, mopping the floor with enemies really. I'm regretting I didn't put the game on Expert mode.

It's probably the easiest if not most accessible SMT game to date. I semi regret not playing expert either.

Yaweee

NichM said:
Just wait until you meet Devil. Also, remember that even in P3, all the S Links started out pretty normal. The neuroses didn't usually start flying until the 4th or 5th ranks.

P3's Devil and Tower were pretty crazy from the get go.

Tamanon said:
Maybe i'm alone on this one, but the normal shadows in the dungeon seem to be a bit harder than P3's. Maybe it's just because I'm only on the 3rd dungeon, but some of them are pretty damn tough, whether it's because of resistances or synergy.

They are. The main difference is how much HP they have. In P3, it was quite a while before enemies had enough HP to survive a hit against their weakness, but they start off pretty resilient in P4. That also plays into Expert; since it's harder to kill them in a single turn, you're more likely to experience the pain of their increased damage.

drtomoe123 said:
Completely agree. I was at least Lv20 before I left the first dungeon. :lol

I was 12 on expert =)

Blackjack

Wow.

Yosuke's S.Link is. Well. It's really, really gay. :lol

Like, the second dungeon is looking at that S.Link all "dude, that's pretty homosexual."

Septimus

SaitoH said:
Ok, I live in Canada and the Persona 4 I preordered finally came. Thing is I didn't get my preorder bonus artbook because apparently they only got one in and it was first come first serve. I'm very annoyed, but is the artbook worth kicking up a stink for?
What the FUCK. I swear if this happens when I pick up mine, racks are being thrown down!

SaitoH said:

It's a very, very nice artbook. I'd be pretty pissed. :/

mollipen

Blackjack said:
Get Strength up to rank 4 and get ready to meet Ai.

I was kind of disappointed by the resolution of Ai's SL. Anything other than
fucking the hell out of her with the fury of God
was worthless to me, because she is by far the game's hottest character. (And what can I say, I'm kind of turned on by her bitchiness.)

Well, it also bugged me that
the MILF
SL didn't have similar results in the end. I guess either (a) I see why I'm not the one making this game, or (b) I need to be the one making this game. *heh*

kiryogi

Banned
Duck Amuck said:
I doubt it's more easy than Raidou.

I was like level 16. Which is ridiculous for SMT. It feels like I'm leveling up every battle.

I did say accessible, Raidou was pretty tedious and boring in comparison.

Joule

For those of you in Canada or more precisely Toronto, what's the price for P4? Seems like Eb's charging 49.99, while Gamecentre 44.99. Any place actually selling this for 39.99?

SaitoH

Joule said:
For those of you in Canada or more precisely Toronto, what's the price for P4? Seems like Eb's charging 49.99, while Gamecentre 44.99. Any place actually selling this for 39.99?

Didn't get my artbook and paid $49.99. pfft

aasoncott

To Canadians:

Most EBs should have Persona 4 in today, sans preorder artbook (I was told the artbook should be in in a day or two). However, they're selling it for $49.99 instead of the $39.99 (which is the MSRP), which is a pain for anyone who didn't pay it off already.

No problem, though: their website lists it for $39.99. Just print off the page (either http://ebgames.ca/ps2/ or http://ebgames.ca/ps2/sf2.asp should do) and you shouldn't have any trouble getting them to honour it.

Of course, if you're willing to wait a couple days, amazon.ca has it for $35.99, but that doesn't help those who preordered with EB.

Joule

SaitoH said:
Didn't get my artbook and paid $49.99. pfft

Similar situation here, my friend got the last artbook at EB. Though I plan on seeing if I can pick it up at Gamecentre now and return the first copy to EB tomorrow.

Edit: Thanks for the tip. Something was up with the 49.99 pricing. I still have to hope for an artbook though.

Tenks

polyh3dron said:
It's times like these where I'm very happy to own a backward compatible PS3.

Aye. P3:FES was more enjoyable when I played it on the PS3 compared to P3 on the PS2 simply due to snappier load times. Not sure how P4's are on PS2 but they're not bad at all on PS3.

darkvir

aasoncott said:
To Canadians:

Most EBs should have Persona 4 in today, sans preorder artbook (I was told the artbook should be in in a day or two). However, they're selling it for $49.99 instead of the $39.99 (which is the MSRP), which is a pain for anyone who didn't pay it off already.

No problem, though: their website lists it for $39.99. Just print off the page (either http://ebgames.ca/ps2/ or http://ebgames.ca/ps2/sf2.asp should do) and you shouldn't have any trouble getting them to honour it.

Of course, if you're willing to wait a couple days, amazon.ca has it for $35.99, but that doesn't help those who preordered with EB.

Wow, this is the last game I'm pre ordering with EB. I've never been able to get *any* pre order bonus from them, and they are always late to boot.

I already received my P4 Social Expansion pack from amazon.ca and from now I'll just use them.

Thanks for the info though, I've printed the page out and will take it with me.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Tokubetsu said:
Why'd you have to go and say this when I've already ordered it =|

For what it's worth, everything I've seen/used so far is accurate,
mainly just quiz answers. :p
. Apparently, a few persona recipes are off, but I don't know what specifics the other poster was talking about beyond that.

Tamanon

Banned
He's probably talking about the fact that a couple paragraphs were put in place erroneously. It's especially noticeable in the S. Link section at the beginning under Ai's entry.

epmode

Yeah, I've already spent some time building up a few persona in order to do a fusion recommended in the DJ guide that just doesn't work. That's the only problem I've seen, though, aside from that duplicated paragraph of text.

The guide seems incredibly useful otherwise (though fucking up Persona recipes is a BIG fuckup for a strat guide)

Top Bottom