• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Sallokin

Kagari said:
"Fo' sho'" :lol

Just got to this part as well. Really caught me off guard :lol

It pains me that I've had this game for a few days and have had so little time to play it. I feel like this is going to be a slow burn in terms of completion, but all the better since nothing great comes out until February ^_^

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Sallokin said:

It pains me that I've had this game for a few days and have had so little time to play it. I feel like this is going to be a slow burn in terms of completion, but all the better since nothing great comes out until February ^_^

Me too. I work 40+ hours a week and when I get home I'm so so tired. D:

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Can someone explain to me how the card shuffle thing works again, I can't figure it out. Why did they have to change this, it was fine in P3.

Kevtones

truly101 said:
Can someone explain to me how the card shuffle thing works again, I can't figure it out. Why did they have to change this, it was fine in P3.

They're all on pre-determined paths and they stay on the same path. The one you want must be stopped right as it gets to front & center. Its more challenging but more fun :D

Teknoman

2DMention said:
Everybody's impressions on here + reviews are tempting me to break my personal law of playing 2 RPGs at once.

I know I won't get time to play this until Apr. if I don't play it now.

RPG schedule:

Dec. - Lost Odyssey
Jan. - SO2 Remake
Feb. - DQ5
Mar. - SO4
Apr. P4

Here I thought I was the only person who did this. Of course with the emergence of really nice portable RPGs with the DS and PSP, i've modded it:

1 RPG at a time for consoles, and 1 per handheld if needed. That way I wont have such a backlog.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Kevtones said:
They're all on pre-determined paths and they stay on the same path. The one you want must be stopped right as it gets to front & center. Its more challenging but more fun :D

I'm trying that and it doesn't work. I get a blank card every time and its nowhere near the center of the screen. At this rate I'm hoping I can beat the game with my default persona or it might be Codebreaker time. This new shuffle is a definite downgrade

ayrkain

truly101 said:
I'm trying that and it doesn't work. I get a blank card every time and its nowhere near the center of the screen. At this rate I'm hoping I can beat the game with my default persona or it might be Codebreaker time. This new shuffle is a definite downgrade

It's tough to get used to, but I found that if I let my eye track the one I want, then hit the button a bit before it would hit the center, I usually get the one I want. Took me awhile though.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
truly101 said:
I've found hitting X a split second before the card swings in to dead center helps.

Ethereal

I just got this game today.... its probably gonna sit on my pile of shame until I finish Fallout but I can't wait to get into this game

Sallokin said:

I hear ya. I won't be able to put a significant amount into it until at least next Friday. :\

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Darkman M said:
I just did some quick searching and it seems you can have more then one at a time.

Also some pretty interesting things can happen as well.:lol

Read the second post.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=945498&topic=45800843

Another thing the doublejump book is wrong on if true, they say only one "serious" relationship per game. :p

Not thatI would mind the conflicts if what the gamefaqs post described does actually happen....

You gotta watch the card and which way it rotates, then hit x right before it hits center. It took me a bit of practice to get it, and I still get the wrong one every once in a while.

edit: beaten.

Joule

DoctorWho said:
I ended up picking one up at Gamerama for $49.99 since it appears everyone is charging around that price. Hell, I didn't even preorder it and they gave me the artbook. I didn't even have to ask.

I got the Eb I purchased it from to pricematch their online price and also caused the rest of their stock to be repriced.

Wyndstryker said:
Those who preordered with EB (specifically in canada), did you get your artbook or not? (More like how many did and how many didn't?)

I didn't but they said they're still getting shipments and will call the people who preordered but didn't get the book first to let them know they can pick one up.

Alright it's about time to start this game after coming home from work.

Tamanon

Banned
If it's spinning fast, I usually mess up. So I've started just ignoring it when there's a penalty card in there. Of course now I don't even really go for Personas, since I wouldn't have space for them anyways.

Just ended up beating the first bonus boss. Took me a few tries, but I got it at Lv20, finally. :lol

And by the way, would you guys recommend getting rid of Izanagi for something else, like Orpheus in P3? I really only use him for his debuffing/buffing, and it kinda sucks having one sub-lv15 Persona...but at least he's one badass-looking mofo.

Sallokin

ninj4junpei said:
I hear ya. I won't be able to put a significant amount into it until at least next Friday. :\

That sucks. I'm reading all these posts from people who are like "Ohhh I just finished June", and I'm on April 20th lol.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if Yosuke's headphones are modeled after a real life pair like the MC from P3s were (Audio Technicas I think).

Guled

I really hate you all guys, I have to wait until the end of next week to play :( At least I'll have 2 weeks off then to play :D

Chowfahn

Neo Member
drtomoe123 said:
And by the way, would you guys recommend getting rid of Izanagi for something else, like Orpheus in P3? I really only use him for his debuffing/buffing, and it kinda sucks having one sub-lv15 Persona...but at least he's one badass-looking mofo.
^This. I know he levels slower than everyone else's persona, and he's not learning any more abilities... But I'd feel like such an ass if I fused him with something else...

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Is this game as long as its predecessors were? Having read some of the reviews, I really want to jump in and buy this (considering my fascination and with Japanese culture and the game's general premise), but I'm not willing to spend 100 hours to get some closure as far as the story goes.

Tamanon said:
Hellooooooooooooooo nurse.

And ditch Izanagi. He's in the compendium if you ever want him back.

Alrighty, sounds good. :)

I just always wonder if they're gonna pull another Maia Custom on me, haha.

Really enjoying it so far. Little things like the
Beef Bowl Challenge or S.Link dreams
keep bringing a smile to my face.

I don't feel bad for ditching P3 50 hours in anymore. I'll get back to it someday.

Blackjack

sublime085 said:
Really enjoying it so far. Little things like the
Beef Bowl Challenge or S.Link dreams
keep bringing a smile to my face.

I don't feel bad for ditching P3 50 hours in anymore. I'll get back to it someday.
The dreams are so hilarious. And also oddly homoerotic. Like the time I dreamt that I "comforted a crying Yosuke" or the time I wrestled with Kanji. While wearing Luchador masks.

Midnight Channel pre second dungeon spoiler:

I wish I had not watched Silence of the Lambs the other day, because Kanji was totally giving me a Buffalo Bill vibe. (before he became Monk's boss)

vas_a_morir said:
Midnight Channel pre second dungeon spoiler:

I wish I had not watched Silence of the Lambs the other day, because Kanji was totally giving me a Buffalo Bill vibe. (before he became Monk's boss)
:lol That scene totally came out of no where. I just sat there stunned for a minute.

Tetsuo9

Kagari said:
Can you not save in the dungeons or am I blind?
just at the and before the big boss.

That's why you need those items to go back to the entrance. Then you can resume on the last floor.

crowphoenix said:
:lol That scene totally came out of no where. I just sat there stunned for a minute.

Lolz, I just joked to myself "his level is probably a bath house!" and, well, I guess I called it.

Also, that fox... how exactly does he work in the dungeon? Does he make it easier to stay and level up?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I meant your progress. I'm in the first dungeon, fought what I think was a mid boss? But I left on floor 6 to go back. Now do I have to go all the way up there again from floor 1, kind of like P3...?

Tamanon

Banned
vas_a_morir said:
Lolz, I just joked to myself "his level is probably a bath house!" and, well, I guess I called it.

Also, that fox... how exactly does he work in the dungeon? Does he make it easier to stay and level up?

He kinda does, early on he's pretty expensive, but later on he could be useful since you have more party members, you can swap out and just heal yourself. Also as you raise his S. Link, he gets cheaper. Plus, pat his head every time you enter the TV world. If he's not angry, he'll give you either a chest key or a snuff soul.

So we do have confirmation that the MC can be as pimpalicious as in P3? Yeah,it's douchy, but fun. Lots of love to go around.

Also can anyone confirm what you need Courage for in the S. Links?

Tamanon

Banned
Kagari said:
I meant your progress. I'm in the first dungeon, fought what I think was a mid boss? But I left on floor 6 to go back. Now do I have to go all the way up there again from floor 1, kind of like P3...?

Nah, when you go to enter the dungeon it'll ask you if you want to continue from 1 or 6.

FunnyPersonaPic-0.jpg

Tamanon said:
He kinda does, early on he's pretty expensive, but later on he could be useful since you have more party members, you can swap out and just heal yourself. Also as you raise his S. Link, he gets cheaper. Plus, pat his head every time you enter the TV world. If he's not angry, he'll give you either a chest key or a snuff soul.
I thought about healing myself, then I looked at his prices. It was, like 80% of my money. I laughed and went back to exploring.

I'm really looking forward to playing this but I never finished P3. I know that doesn't matter because they aren't connected but I still want to finish P3. I don't feel like finishing it now though because it would just feel like an obligation at this point and I don't want to make my game time a chore. At the same time, I don't want to play through P4 and then not be able to go back because of some of the improvements that would make it seem that much better.
Ah, Conundrum.

kiryogi

Banned
on the girl notes. Usually the rival is more so the activities girls like Yumi, Ai or so that'll be a rival to the other girls. In any case, the dangerous consequences like in p3 don't really apply here if you want to go harem style.

Tamanon

Banned
Kanji's S-link is pretty funny to start.

I'm going to tear down this store!....er.....I mean tear it down and rebuild it twice as good, I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
:lol

It's pay day and I'm off today and I'm going to pick this up today. I have to know is the DJ guide that off? Am I better off just playing this game next to my PC for help? Can anyone clarify this for me?

Top Bottom