• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Alts

frostythecat said:
Thanks for this application. It will help me out tremedously. I have found one mistake so far though.

In your second application, I wanted to find all fusions that resulted in Sarasvati. One of the results was Saki Mitama + Sarasvati. This combination shouldn't even be fusable as both are priestess persona and should give a pristess that is a rank lower then Sarasvati (except Sarasvati is the lowest ranked pristess persona.)

Oh wow. Thanks for catching that. I'll fix it immediately.

Edit: Fixed reverse same arcana fusion

Majmun

Urgh, i'm still playing. Gamer crack at its finest.

I'll have to force myself to go to sleep now. P3 all over again.

I just hope P5 will see a next gen release. Can't play my import on my BC Ps3, so I had to clean the Ps2 just for this game...

Majmun

Guled said:
the homeroom teacher is really funny, I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard

Yeah, funny horse teeth too. :lol

Is such behaviour for a teacher acceptable in Japan?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Question on once social links are maxed....

I've maxed out "Strength, Magician, and Sun.....but for some reason, the respective final personae aren't showing up under the cross, penta, or hex fusion screens....do they not show up until a certain date, or until you're at a high enough level? I'm at Mid-september currently, 56 or so....

Yaweee

Metroidvania said:
Question on once social links are maxed....

I've maxed out "Strength, Magician, and Sun.....but for some reason, the respective final personae aren't showing up under the cross, penta, or hex fusion screens....do they not show up until a certain date, or until you're at a high enough level? I'm at Mid-september currently, 56 or so....

Ultimate Persona are not necessarily made via the higher order of fusions. Quite a few in P3 were doable from line and triangle fusions.

Nekobo

Darkman M said:
Yes, pretty much just make multiple save files.

Yeah, seriously...my save got corrupted (20 gig launch model). Never happened to me with P3, so I was was like WTF. Luckily I backed it up on my USB stick an hour earlier. I have no desire to slog through the game's log intro scenes again.

Varna

I'm am very happy to hear the combat and dungeon crawling aspects are much better this time around. I finished P3 shortly after it's initially release and just couldn't believe how pathetic the difficulty was in comparison to Nocturne and DDS1/2 (not to mention every Megaten game before that). When P3:FES came around I was ecstatic about hard mode and thought that would be just the push to make P3 my favorite Persona game ever... in an ironic twist of fate my hard mode playthrough proved even easier then my initial P3 game.

All my initial irks about the game are just about gone thanks to GAF impression (with the exception of the art style) and I'll be picking it up real soon!

alts said:
Oh wow. Thanks for catching that. I'll fix it immediately.

Edit: Fixed reverse same arcana fusion

Actually there still seems to be some problems.

Lets take Valkyrie for example. The two possible Strength + Strength combinations, should be Titan + Rakshasa and Titan + Sandman. Interestingly enough, you have the 2nd combination but not the first, as well as the combination Titan + Valkyrie.

I think you may have have forgotten to move down another rank if the result persona is the same as one of the ingredients.

The first 3 hours felt like a prison lecture, the environment seems empty/cramped compared to Persona 3, to me it feels like a average rehash from what ive played so far.

Where in the world are the social links at?
Why are npc's and teammates getting stuck into walls/losing the Main Character? I'll be searching a floor for a minute and then I look back to find the teammates are gone. Did they remove the "split-up party" function because of this?

Ive only played about 12 hours, I hope it gets better. So far it seems like they could have done more with the game but didn't.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
LightDarkFrexed said:
The first 3 hours felt like a prison lecture, the environment seems empty/cramped compared to Persona 3, to me it feels like a average rehash from what ive played so far.

Where in the world are the social links at?
Why are npc's and teammates getting stuck into walls/losing the Main Character? I'll be searching a floor for a minute and then I look back to find the teammates are gone. Did they remove the "split-up party" function because of this?

Ive only played about 12 hours, I hope it gets better. So far it seems like they could have done more with the gamebut didn't.

LightDarkFrexed

Volcynika

grandjedi6 said:
This is probably the best game I've played all year. Which is impressive to say the least.

Pretty much. When I play this game, it has a hold over me like no other. And calling it an average rehash is a bit harsh, considering it improves on a TON of things from Persona 3.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Is Daisuke gay? The awkward admiration of Yosuke and the complete resistance to anything X chromosome is giving it away.

Joule

I'm liking all this bonding going on while we're on the case. I really like Adachi's VA, it sounds really right.

Oh I was also wondering. Seeing how Yosuke or Chie have been saying "Don't say it" every time just before a character's shadow fight, do they actually keep saying that or does such an event spiral into the mundane for the crew? I could imagine them going all "Yeah yeah just say it already".

Come on Dojima you gotta pull through for our family outing.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
All the voice acting in this game is pretty top notch. And all the jokes aside, Johnny Yong Bosch fits his character really well with his Guy/Ichigo voice.

Blackjack

Duck Amuck said:
Just finished dungeon 3. Wow that boss took a long time.

Also, Devil is the best.
Yeah, it wasn't really dangerous, since all its big hurty things are telegraphed. But it takes forever.

As for the Devil S.Link (ranks, like, 4+):
she gets really emo

NichM

Banned
Blackjack said:
The next two are also easy, but can at least do something. :lol

I dunno, I thought the boss of the fourth dungeon was the hardest fight so far. I died more times on it than I did to the boss of the second dungeon.

In before Yaweee reminds us all of the level-based algorithms again.

MoogPaul

I know I'm way behind most of you but on 5/03 when you
go to junes with nanoko and the gang
it's fucking adorable. great writing here.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
NichM said:
I dunno, I thought the boss of the fourth dungeon was the hardest fight so far. I died more times on it than I did to the boss of the second dungeon.

In before Yaweee reminds us all of the level-based algorithms again.
I'm in that fight and I'm getting my ass kicked, at first I thought he only had ice-based spells so I took out Yukiko from my party and replaced her with Chie, bzzt he then only used lightning-based spells downing Teddie and Yosuke all the time in the process. then he uses megidola to fuck things even more. :(

I don't understand why there isn't a single character with some debuffs, aside from the MC of course.

Y2Kev

Crap, I keep getting one-shotted by the optional boss in Yukiko's Castle. Actually, last time I had him to within 25% of his health but I ran out of revival beads (on the few times I do get lucky). I couldn't find a weakness, but Yuki used agi at first and I was about to punch a hole through my TV.

i miss "dun da da da....junpei has leveled up!"

come backkkk junpeii

Evlar

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
This is probably the best game I've played all year. Which is impressive to say the least.
It's pretty close for me. The other top contender is an expansion to a four-year-old MMO. Not exactly what I expected at the beginning of the year.

Costanza said:
What's a quick way to get my diligence up? I wanna take the hospital janitor job so I can get the devil s-link.

The Strength S.Link is always good. Eating at Aiya on rainy days, when you aren't doing dungeon crawling or the Sun and Hermit S.Links. One of the part time jobs at night also raising Dilegence.

I just finished the 4th dungeon and it was awesome. I really loved the dialogue towards the end. I wish I can see it again on youtube or something. The boss was easy, but unexpected.
I spent all of the 2-3 turns trying desperately find out why my attacks weren't connecting, never realizing it was due to that RPG cliche. So props to a well done cliche
This game is just getting better and better. I wonder what the rest of the dungeons will be like. I hope they end up being just as awesome.

I'm also terrible at finding out who is responsible for all the murders. I literally have no suspects at all. I do have theories about why they were committed.

Spoilers up to end of Dungeon #4

I think the connection is not that they appeared on TV before disappearing, as I believe it to be a red herring or at least a minor reason for thier dissappearnce. I think the connection all of the victims have was that they were children of parents that own historical shops. Saki was the daughter of the liquor store owner, Yukiko is the the daughter of the Inn owner, Kanji is the son of Textile store and Rise is the daughter of the Tofu shop. The only thing that doesn't fit is the reporter's death. I still don't understand the meaning of her dungeon. I guess this has to do with EVIL Wal-Mart Junes trying to off their competition to take over the world? Also note, that Yousuke, the son of that Junes franchise was not kidnapped.

Tetsuo9

Error said:
I'm in that fight and I'm getting my ass kicked, at first I thought he only had ice-based spells so I took out Yukiko from my party and replaced her with Chie, bzzt he then only used lightning-based spells downing Teddie and Yosuke all the time in the process. then he uses megidola to fuck things even more. :(
he throws megidola only if he gets a crit or weak, so wherever element he use just change persona and use guard with your party.

inner-G

Banned
Y2Kev said:
Crap, I keep getting one-shotted by the optional boss in Yukiko's Castle. Actually, last time I had him to within 25% of his health but I ran out of revival beads (on the few times I do get lucky). I couldn't find a weakness, but Yuki used agi at first and I was about to punch a hole through my TV.

come backkkk junpeii
Get a persona strong against physical attacks, and one with Sukukaja (or something like that) the one that lowers his attack. Get Tarunda (i think) to lower his defense as well. I was L.20 and it took me a bunch of tries and about 3 beads. Lowering his attack will let you survive his Rampage attack.

Chie hit w/ bufu for ~80-110, Media with Yuki, And attack/support with MC and Yosuke.

the weapon you get is pretty cool. Its a fan for yukiko that has 92dmg I think

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Duck Amuck said:
Courage is P4's intelligence. In P3, intelligence/knowledge was the hardest to get up. Then again, I don't know what they did in Fes. In P4, it seems to be courage. Which is pissing me off because I want courage max right now.

All of my stats are on level 3 or whatever, get to max dammit!

Those manly-man books you can buy at the shopping district get your Courage up with a quickness. Pair those with eating whatever godforsaken things you scrounge out of the refrigerator and you'll be a steely-willed badass in no time.

Courage is actually my highest stat at the moment, and I just bought another book to boost it.

Y2Kev said:

come backkkk junpeii

I ended up just fusing a Rakshasa, which resists physical attacks and learns Counter and Dodge Physical. Then had my main character whittle him down while the rest of my team did nothing but defend and occasionally heal. Won without reviving a single time.

Y2Kev

Hmm, yeah, I don't think I have any strong v. physical personas, and I'm only level 15. But I made it really really far. I'm lowering his defense yes but I don't think I have the spell to lower his attack. Generally 2/4 people avoid the Rampage or everybody dies.

inner-G

Banned
Y2Kev said:
Hmm, yeah, I don't think I have any strong v. physical personas, and I'm only level 15. But I made it really really far. I'm lowering his defense yes but I don't think I have the spell to lower his attack. Generally 2/4 people avoid the Rampage or everybody dies.
well... good luck, and happy grinding! :D

Darkman M

Y2Kev said:

That's probably the key ingredient to beating him, the spell is called tarunda.

Top Bottom