• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Blackjack

Angelus Errare said:
Yumi Ozami's head is HUGE! o_O
Her forehead is so big because LIFE IS UNFAIR and she is the ONLY ONE THAT HAS TO HAVE BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO HER and NO ONE ELSE KNOWS WHAT IT'S LIKE. :lol

Yaweee

Angelus Errare said:
Yumi Ozama's head is HUGE! o_O

It's absolutely nowhere near the size of the Temperance woman's.

----

The blurb in the artbook about Kou and Daisuke makes me feel like a chump for picking Soccer. The basketball one sounds waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more interesting.

Starting my second playthrough now (as WotLK downloads... which is the only way for me to survive two weeks at my parents).

Do the S.Link answers that are blocked due to low stats tend to give the best point bonuses?

Joule

Blackjack said:
Her forehead is so big because LIFE IS UNFAIR and she is the ONLY ONE THAT HAS TO HAVE BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO HER and NO ONE ELSE KNOWS WHAT IT'S LIKE. :lol

Yumi's not so bad. I don't get the hate Blackjack. Drama club raises expression nicely as well.

Just finished up the 3rd dungeon.
Yeah Rise's shadow was pretty easy till it turned out to be a battle I couldn't win. I liked how it made squishy noises as it rode the pole. The fight with Shadow Teddie was a little rough but the party pulled through despite getting wrecked around the half way mark.

Blackjack

Joule said:
Yumi's not so bad. I don't get the hate Blackjack. Drama club raises expression nicely as well.

Just finished up the 3rd dungeon.
Yeah Rise's shadow was pretty easy till it turned out to be a battle I couldn't win. I liked how it made squishy noises as it rode the pole. The fight with Shadow Teddie was a little rough but the party pulled through despite getting wrecked around the half way mark.
I wasn't hating. I was summarizing!

Merino

Persona4 just makes me want to buy a Playstation 2 specifically to play this one game.
First time I'm actually annoyed that my PS3 doesn't have any BC.

Maybe next year when it gets a price drop.

Yaweee said:
It's absolutely nowhere near the size of the Temperance woman's.

----

The blurb in the artbook about Kou and Daisuke makes me feel like a chump for picking Soccer. The basketball one sounds waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more interesting.

I honestly thought ,for a while, that Daisuke was gay for Kou.

birdchili said:
"talking about your feelings: the game"

i'm going to need a palate-cleanser when i'm done this one.
yeah they do that a lot

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
AHAHAHAHAHA YUKIKO'S CURRY AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YOSUKE HAHAHAHA

edit: omgggggggggg at MC's reaction :lol :lol :lol :lol

Y2Kev

Daisuke is definitely gay. Well, that's what I think. At least bi. But for Yosuke actually.

edit: OMG AT THE FAT GIRL EATING :lol :lol :lol :lol

persona 4: bow

Yaweee

Merino said:
Persona4 just makes me want to buy a Playstation 2 specifically to play this one game.
First time I'm actually annoyed that my PS3 doesn't have any BC.

Maybe next year when it gets a price drop.

A slim is about $90 at Gamestop. Wait a year, so maybe you can get one for $80?

FredFish

Y2Kev said:
AHAHAHAHAHA YUKIKO'S CURRY AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YOSUKE HAHAHAHA

edit: omgggggggggg at MC's reaction :lol :lol :lol :lol

Heh. The best thing about that scene is the "aroma" coming out of the pot is the same graphic as a Poisin attack :lol

Yaweee

I played through the entire game without understanding how dreaming works. Do you only dream if you actually go to bed early without doing anything else? Is the S. Link bonus random?

Volcynika

Blackjack said:
What level/Personas are you using?

Early 30s, trying to use Ose since he has a good physical combo, and Jack Frost to protect against his Mind Charge + Mabufula. Have another persona strong against fire for his heat wave too.

Blackjack

Volcynika said:
Early 30s, trying to use Ose since he has a good physical combo, and Jack Frost to protect against his Mind Charge + Mabufula. Have another persona strong against fire for his heat wave too.
Well, your first problem is Heatwave is a physical attack, so you should be using a phys resist/null to counter it. If you're using Yukiko, she NEEDS to guard when he uses Mind Charge, everyone else SHOULD guard but if they're full you MAY be able to get away with not (Chie would probably be fine not guarding, but I always suggest being on the safe side). As for strategy, I pretty much stuck with whatever I was using for healing and debuffing, then switched to an Ice Absorb when he used Mabufula so I could have someone attack that round, too.
It's not a hard fight, really, since its two big attacks are telegraphed and guardable, it just takes forever.

Ourobolus

Banned
Volcynika said:

I'm pretty sure that Heat Wave is physical.

Joule

Volcynika said:

Heat wave isn't a fire attack.

It was a pretty drawn out battle for me. Titania was particularly useful for taking the Mabufula and healing. Otherwise pretty standard battle with Ara Mitama buffing/debuffing and taking the physical hits. The party of Kanji, Yukiko, Chie did most of the work in damaging it. Chie pulls some Tarukajas here and there.

Blackjack

Tetsuo9 said:
That is, if we consider feeling Naoto's boobs straight.
She just wanted to see if they were real!

You do have to admit that when comparing her to, say, Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko she is definitely much more heterosexual.:lol

Ourobolus

Banned
Holy shit, I just realized why beating Shadow
Kanji
was so goddamn difficult for me.

Everyone only had Survival Guards on. Man, there were definitely some better armors I could have grinded for.

Tamanon

Banned
Yaweee said:
I played through the entire game without understanding how dreaming works. Do you only dream if you actually go to bed early without doing anything else? Is the S. Link bonus random?

It seems to be random, I've gotten dreams when sleeping after dungeoning since I couldn't do anything else that evening.

Blackjack

Volcynika said:
:lol

I just went by the name, that's why I thought Heat Wave was a fire attack.
You can't go by names. Or appearances. For example,
Agneyastra, despite meaning "fiery weapon", and despite being depicted as giant balls of fire raining from the sky, is a physical attack.

Yaweee

Tetsuo9 said:
For some reason I got a lot of dreams in the last month, that made me get some max S-Links.

Hmm... I suspect it is anytime you actually go up to your bed. I got like... two dreams the entire game, but that's because I always did stuff at night, and finished nearly all dungeons in a single day, so it skipped over those night sessions.

Yaweee said:
Hmm... I suspect it is anytime you actually go up to your bed. I got like... two dreams the entire game, but that's because I always did stuff at night, and finished nearly all dungeons in a single day, so it skipped over those night sessions.

I believe that's it. I've only seen it when you actually approach the futon and click on it to go to sleep.

Who you dream of seems to be completely random, though.

Yaweee

KuwabaraTheMan said:
I believe that's it. I've only seen it when you actually approach the futon and click on it to go to sleep.

Who you dream of seems to be completely random, though.

It's going to make this replay go a lot smoother, since I've maxed out all of my social stats. Nothing to do at night except S. Link progress.

firex

Y2Kev said:
So who should be in my party now? I rescued
Kanji.
I always have Yukiko for healing and Chie is really powerful...but Yosuke has dekaja. Should I swap out Yosuke? Or is the new guy not worth it?
For the third dungeon in particular, either one of the guys is good. I use the "main" 4 just because they're the ones I've built up a bunch in social links, so they actually do some useful stuff, but that third dungeon has a mix of enemies that are weak to zio or weak to garu spells, so either one of the two is worth it. You just have to cover the element you lose by going with one of them over the other, pretty much.

Y2Kev

Yeah, I think I'm gonna go back to my original party. I liked new guy but he can't take fatal blows or do follow up attacks...and his total lack of SP makes long dungeon runs tough. Reminds me of EO early in the game.

Darkman M

Y2Kev said:
Yeah, I think I'm gonna go back to my original party. I liked new guy but he can't take fatal blows or do follow up attacks...and his total lack of SP makes long dungeon runs tough. Reminds me of EO early in the game.

He gets really fuckin strong endgame though...

I roll with him, yukki, and chie now.

Tetsuo9

MoogPaul said:
when exactly is the last month of the game in this one?
It seems that for normal gameplay is december, but with the true ending there is some gameplay left in march. I'm there right now so I don't now if there is some more.

2DMention

Banned
Tried fighting the optional boss after rescuing
Yukkio
, and everybody but (Junes store dude - still learning names) got killed with one hit. Jeebus.

I have to say I'm disappointed that the
fox at the shrine
is the hermit arcana. I thought P3 handled the hermit character excellently with
the MMO player
. I really hope they develop this character better later on.

Which part time job is worth taking early on? I read somewhere in the guide that diligence isn't worth lvling with envelope making.

grandjedi6 said:
I love this game :lol

I've been loyal to Yukiko, too, outta fear that she'll fuck up more situations later or something.

Also, YUMI SPOILERZ MAJOR

The way you reject her at the end is some straight up COWBOY shit, man. As I walked away, i heard in my head "AAAyyyeee yam just uh ceeowboyeh"

2DMention said:
Which part time job is worth taking early on? I read somewhere in the guide that diligence isn't worth lvling with envelope making.

I found the envelope folding to be worthwhile. It depends on which skill you're trying to raise up the most, though. And you want to be able to reach the level where you can do the jobs that have social links associated with them.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Uh, oops. I just picked what I thought was a joke response and accidentally sent the Moon Social Link down the romance path.

Ah well. Might as well abandon all pretenses of fidelity and do this thing Persona 3 style.

Top Bottom