• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Ashour

By the way do you have the option to turn down/turn off the music? In P3 you couldn’t, I loved the music and everything but after 40 hours of the same music I wanted to tear my ears out, I’m still waiting for my copy of P4.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Acid08 said:
Where are the courage books? Sorry I was 20 hours in at the Kanji dungeon and my fucking save was deleted. I'm trying to get all my info straight so I can go through the already played parts faster.
At the book store! The first book is a courage book in fact

Just beat the game! What ending did I witness? It was...

Me beating the giant eyeball, Inaba returning to normal, searching for friends who I assumed were the ones whose S. Links I maxed, and a touching (but soulless because the damn protagonist is silent) goodbye from the gang, running after the train. Anyway, there better be a fucking sequel! I wanna go back to Inabaaaaaaa!!! D:

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
dragonlife29 said:
Just beat the game! What ending did I witness? It was...

Me beating the giant eyeball, Inaba returning to normal, searching for friends who I assumed were the ones whose S. Links I maxed, and a touching (but soulless because the damn protagonist is silent) goodbye from the gang, running after the train. Anyway, there better be a fucking sequel! I wanna go back to Inabaaaaaaa!!! D:

You recieved the
good ending

Metroidvania

Blackjack said:
"Normal" ending, actually. True ending is the "good" ending

True, but the way I see it,
The level of precise decisions needed to be made to get to that ending makes me see it as the "good" ending, rather than normal, since without a guide, I wouldn't bet that everyone would make it to that ending on their own.

Blackjack said:
"Normal" ending, actually. True ending is the "good" ending
Boo! I made a file right before the fight with Adachi--can I get the best ending after that, or am I screwed? I'm definitely replaying the game regardless, though--and this time, with the guidebook...just gotta buy it first

Metroidvania said:
True, but the way I see it,
The level of precise decisions needed to be made to get to that ending makes me see it as the "good" ending, rather than normal, since without a guide, I wouldn't bet that everyone would make it to that ending on their own.
Shit :lol I doubt I'll see it, then, so screw my pre-Adachi file plans...

Metroidvania

dragonlife29 said:
Shit :lol I doubt I'll see it, then, so screw my pre-Adachi file plans...

Hmm?

I was referring to
the...normal ending. You can still get the true ending if you have a save file right before suspect #10. To do so......
on March 20th, after talking to all the maxed s-links, go to junes, and don't let the game bring you back home.

johnsmith

remember me
Just got a game over from the main character getting hit with an instant death spell. Wouldn't be an SMT game without that happening.

With all the improvements in P4 over most other SMT games, why did they have to leave that shit in. So fucking annoying and cheap.

johnsmith said:
Just got a game over from the main character getting hit with an instant death spell. Wouldn't be an SMT game without that happening.

With all the improvements in P4 over most other SMT games, why did they have to leave that shit in. So fucking annoying and cheap.
Am I lucky since that never happened to me? :D

meh, kinda disapointed with the story,
some pretty bad antagonists and the ending wasn't as strong as P3's, but the cast was much better

Can't wait for P5.

Tetsuo9

Prime crotch said:
some pretty bad antagonists and the ending wasn't as strong as P3's, but the cast was much better

Can't wait for P5.
It seems that you are not the first one who says that
about the antagonists
. Maybe you want to compare that scenes with youtube videos of the japanese version..., I watched it and I find US version better for some reason.

Ledsen

Arrrrgh what the fuck is wrong with this game, it's way too hard! I got killed in the FIRST dungeon after about 40 minutes, on the last floor as well :( :( :(
Why am I faced with five Magic Hands casting Agi (which is Chie's weakness) in the FIRST dungeon of the game, killing my whole party before I can escape even though I selected it on the very first turn? Persona 3 was never like this, I'm not happy right now and I really lost my momentum :(

joelseph

Acid08 said:
Where are the courage books? Sorry I was 20 hours in at the Kanji dungeon and my fucking save was deleted. I'm trying to get all my info straight so I can go through the already played parts faster.

It is one book that can be read multiple times, you buy it from the bookstore. You can also raise your courage by beating the optional boss in dungeon one.

joelseph

Ledsen said:
Arrrrgh what the fuck is wrong with this game, it's way too hard! I got killed in the FIRST dungeon after about 40 minutes, on the last floor as well :( :( :(
Why am I faced with five Magic Hands casting Agi (which is Chie's weakness) in the FIRST dungeon of the game, killing my whole party before I can escape even though I selected it on the very first turn? Persona 3 was never like this, I'm not happy right now :(

You should always save enough MP to hit all their weaknesses on the first round. =)

Ledsen

joelseph said:
You should always save enough MP to hit all their weaknesses on the first round. =)

Well I didn't know their weakness :/ That's why I'm using a guide for every dungeon from now on, I started doing this after a while in P3 since it's so tiresome trying out different spells on the enemies.

firex

so I fucked up and died in the dungeon I was working on, and lost a few hours because I usually only save before heading to the dungeon. But now I'm at the kiiiiiiiiiiiiing's gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame!

probably my favorite cutscene in the game so far.

Yaweee

Prime crotch said:

Can't wait for P5.

I pretty much agree.
The endings are not all that great, as they all lack the usual SMT 'twist' that the non-Persona PS2 endings had. All of the S. Link endings were completely uninteresting, too, where FES had some really good ones.

However, the scenes JUST after the story branches, when you kick yourself onto a new ending path, are just absolutely phenomenal. I loved them all.

Durante

Here are the requested gifs:
Yosuke's battle end animation
kb99mw.jpg

t6wcoh.jpg

Galactic Punt!
ok3m9u.jpg

I also made a summer version of my avatar but for some reason I don't like it nearly as much as the winter one :/
2v0h9wz.jpg

NoitoraJirugajr

Neo Member
Volcynika said:
Fiiiiiiiiiinally just beat
Shadow Teddie.
What a long fight.

He was easier since I leveled up a bit to withstand his attacks, though I had to use an Amrita Soda since he dizzied 2 people before his Nihil Hand attack or whatever.
Just finished it as well.
I was so glad i had my Saravisadi with invigorate 2 and media with no weaknesses, Null ice, and Tarukaja. Took me 30 minutes though :p

Durante

I think you're both right. It just fits her better.

Anyway, I need help! Are "Counterstrike" and "Counter" cumulative? I tried searching the usual sources but I didn't find anything. Now I don't know which skill to forget.
2gxfqzo.jpg

NoitoraJirugajr

Neo Member
Is there any reason to go out with your maxed social link girlfriends when it shows they are available? Are they always going to have you run into someone else you have a social link with and gain them a little boost?

Tamanon

Banned
Nah, there's nothing good that can come of dating even after you've maxed the S. Link. I think they just have it added for flavor.

NoitoraJirugajr

Neo Member
I was so annoyed she didn't even acknowledge me as her boyfriend when i did go out the one time while maxed and ran into one of the strength guys, the nerve!!

The beginning of the culture festival is already exciting.

Snickers at Daisuke calling Kou Piglet and the whole "Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet"! I hope the pagent will be as entertaining.

Cool Breeze is a fucking GAME-CHANGER. Now, I just rush enemies on the low levels, and heal when I'm out of battle. Then, if I ever get low on health or AP with MC, I just go to one of the earlier dungeons and fight like 8 battles and I'm back to where I was.

FredFish

Fsck Ghastly Wail. I threw a controller.

I had died three times before to Mitsuo's levitating abortion because I had the wrong supporting character in the party for his random elemental attack. The evil fsck seemed to know I had changed my line-up each time after reloads and picked the attack my new member was weak to. Of course that led to a Crit and the follow up Megidola. Finally I got lucky and made it past his second, reconstructed "Character" when he hit everyone with Fear. I didn't have Yukiko in the party and I didn't have a Persona with Me Patra in reserve so...wheels came off, party jumped the shark, bedtime for bonzo etc. etc. etc.

Yeah it sucked but moments like that are one of the reasons I love SMT. I'll tweak my Persona bull-pen, maybe do some Fusions and get him later today. The victory will be that much sweeter for having been spanked so relentlessly

Tamanon

Banned
You can tell what type of attack he's going to use by the wall he casts. Then you just have a character weak to that attack guard until the wall fades.

FredFish

Tamanon said:
You can tell what type of attack he's going to use by the wall he casts. Then you just have a character weak to that attack guard until the wall fades.

True enough but at 4 in the morning my brains sometimes get a little sluggish ;) Same thing happened to me in the shadow Teddie fight.
He had hit me with Ice vulnerability so even though I had switched to Unicorn with Null Ice his Mabufula crushed me. Yeah I SHOULD have realized but again the 4 am thing got in the way :D It's just as well since it hammers home the reality of me needing to stop playing and GO TO BED MORON! :lol

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
the event at
Heaven end with the kid and that guy
doesn't alter the type of ending i get does it ?

also,
Teddie made a surprisingly cute cross dresser, like that one guy in the crowd said, i'd hit it.

Tetsuo9

awesome gifs!. Saved. Will definitely use Galactic punt :).

Durante can you make a gif of a close up of Yukiko persona invocation animation?. Thanks!

Tetsuo9

chandoog said:
the event at
Heaven end with the kid and that guy
doesn't alter the type of ending i get does it ?

also,
Teddie made a surprisingly cute cross dresser, like that one guy in the crowd said, i'd hit it.
No.

Yes, me too.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Yukiko is so cuuuuuuuuuuuuute

9/9 spoilers
Yukiko drunk OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG, the voice actress did such an awesome job with that scene

Durante

Tetsuo9 said:
awesome gifs!. Saved. Will definitely use Galactic punt :).

Durante can you make a gif of a close up of Yukiko persona invocation animation?. Thanks!
Will do, but
I already have her S-link maxed, so it will be Amaterasu. Is that OK?

Tetsuo9

It's fine!. Thanks :D

Error said:
Yukiko is so cuuuuuuuuuuuuute

9/9 spoilers
Yukiko drunk OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG, the voice actress did such an awesome job with that scene
Choose her when you are the king for something awesome :)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Durante said:
Will do, but
I already have her S-link maxed, so it will be Amaterasu. Is that OK?

can you please make a chie animated avatar under 70 kb please ?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Tetsuo9 said:
It's fine!. Thanks :D

Choose her when you are the king for something awesome :)
Sadly I end up choosing Chie, maybe for next playthrough!

I've leveled to 41 and have crafted a persona specifically for the boss of the fourth dungeon. It'll be a while before I get to see if it works, but it could be good.

If the one I've crafted fails, I'll give that one a try.
It's got reflect ice, mediarama, and null fear. So, taking in Yosuke, Chie, and Teddie, should allow for them to concentrate on attacking while I heal, and if things get really rough, Teddy can cast a heal too.

Top Bottom