• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

firex

man, fuck the boss of this dungeon.

well, ok, he's not that bad, but holy shit @ the change in one turn. I'm really not sure how to counter that.

Sklorenz said:
Eh, just make sure you've got the right Personas that you're leveling. Pay attention to their strengths and weaknesses and who you have in your party (specifically, their corresponding strengths, weaknesses, and abilities) for bosses... if this is your first SMT game, just stick at it, grind a bit, and don't worry about spending your money on the fox. Always buy armor over weapons. Never underestimate the advantage that attack/defense/evasion up and downs will give you (this will make or break every single boss battle and harder enemy encounters), and don't be afraid to try to confuse enemies--it works a lot if they don't have weaknesses.

And, more importantly, don't reset to see a cutscene that I lied about :p

I was not, I was just joking and going along with it.

I knew better. :lol :lol

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
Ahghhh, the yellow is burning my brains!! Just started the game, but I really like the characters' personalities and setting. I just hope there's better pacing and some improvements over P3 or I'm gonna get burned pretty fast I fear :(

PD: that King Moron teacher is awesome :lol

Volcynika said:
All you "see" is
'You spent a long while with _____'

WONDER WHAT'S GOING ON?

Have you ever played a game of monopoly?
Shit takes along time.

If they were doing the dirty it would be like
You spent a good while with____, but then abruptly threw her out of the house

Tamanon

Banned
Hey it's better than P3, where after hooking up with one of the female teammates, you apparently jump out the window, wait a bit for them to get settled downstairs and walk in the front door again.

Tamanon said:
Hey it's better than P3, where after hooking up with one of the female teammates, you apparently jump out the window, wait a bit for them to get settled downstairs and walk in the front door again.

Sounds like High School.

Blackjack

Tamanon said:
I like to pretend it's more "they're so embarrassed of being with you that they force you to pretend nothing happened."

You know, like, Yukari's all "Just climb down through the window and wait a while. I'll even be all 'Oh, hey!' like I haven't seen you since school! NO ONE NEEDS TO FIND OUT, YOU HEAR?"

Any recommendations for the
Kunino-Sagiri
fight ?
I might be underlevelled (60), but I don't really have an idea as to what Persona I should use/a particular strategy.

FredFish

Heh. All the talk of s.link "Intimate" reminded me of the Steambot Chronicles version which entailed (I kid you not) an item called "Little Swabbie" and having your ears cleaned...

BTW since the VA was being discussed earlier in the thread and apparently some Atlas employees visit this thread I just wanted to say the VA in Steambot was superb. During one of the dates the MC says "You're more mature than the others...and I find that VERY [awesome vocal roll to that VERY] attractive" :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Joule said:
Dang, the 5th dungeon has some rough enemies. The place itself is pretty awesome as is the music.

Wait until the 6th dungeon, ugh. I actually think that the first 4 floors of it have the toughest enemies of the dungeon.

Joule

Tamanon said:
Wait until the 6th dungeon, ugh. I actually think that the first 4 floors of it have the toughest enemies of the dungeon.

Whoops meant the 6th. 5th wasn't so bad but this place and its enemies that don't seem to be weak to anything. D=

Tamanon

Banned
Joule said:
Whoops meant the 6th. 5th wasn't so bad but this place and its enemies that don't seem to be weak to anything. D=

Yeah, plus Tentarafoo doesn't even seem to work on them. I really should've tried Silence on them.

Joule

Tamanon said:
Yeah, plus Tentarafoo doesn't even seem to work on them. I really should've tried Silence on them.

I'm going with fear and ghastly wail but it doesn't always work out before I get hit hard.

firex

Holy Order Sol said:
Any recommendations for the
Kunino-Sagiri
fight ?
I might be underlevelled (60), but I don't really have an idea as to what Persona I should use/a particular strategy.
I just beat that at level 58, it was pretty tough though. I used the following 2 Personas with a party of Yosuke, Chie and Yukiko (all social links for them are maxed):
Decarabia (when maxed out it learns resist phys and evade phys, which makes it have no weakness) with Mediarama and Rakunda
Lachesis with Masukukaja
It wouldn't hurt to create some kind of persona that's null/strong against multiple elements and has Marakukaja for the last 1/4 or so of the boss's HP.

At a couple points in that fight, Lachesis's wind null/Garudyne were really useful. When the boss
changes the atmosphere
you must have the hero guard if you don't have a null/drain to that element.

Later in the fight he would
spam an Almighty attack, Unerring Justice
and that's when I used Decarabia again. I pretty much had to double-cast Mediarama with the hero and Yukiko, and let Chie solo the rest of his HP, except when he would (very rarely) hit/whiff on someone with Agidyne, at which point it was just Diarahan for that person and the hero would either put up Rakunda or use Agidyne himself, and Chie would attack. It's probably not the ideal way to beat that fight though, because I went through a Soul Food, a Balm of Life, a Bead, and a Revival Bead. Oh wait, and whatever item it is that casts Marakukaja.

If you want to be a little more risky, you can double-cast Mediarama every other turn (or I should say, whenever one Mediarama won't bring everyone up to 300+) since the most I ever saw his attack do was 300 to the hero, who had 449 max HP at this point.

This fight pretty much convinced me to replace Yosuke with someone else later on, though. Dude is just fucking useless at level 59+. I swear, all I use him for is Dekaja and Sukukaja/Masukukaja because his wind skills don't do enough damage and his melee sucks. He really is like the new Akihiko, except Akihiko did more damage with his Zio spells and could debuff everything, instead of only offering one buff/dispelling all enemy buffs. Chie, on the other hand, is like infinitely more useful than Junpei/Metis/Shinjiro were in P3 Fes, just because I can control her so she'll actually make good use of Power Charge.

Kevtones

Tamanon said:
You should be alright. The fight can be easy or hard, depending on several factors.:lol

Enjoy it!

What are the factors? :lol

vilmer_ said:
I almost smashed my controller against the wall. Hopefully you have better luck than I've had :D

I'm playing on PS3 so the controller is light enough to make to the street if the window is open...

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Guled said:
so guys, hows my new avatar?

It's quite compressed. :p

Incidentally, the
Final
Persona kicks so much ass, it's unbelievable.

All in all, out of the S. Links I've done, I think Justice and Hiero were the best as well. Will have to try the gf ones to see what happens if you don't take the GF route, tho.

Darkman M

NoitoraJirugajr said:
Cute. I was about to put some of that artist's persona 4 art as my avatar as well but I can't decide on one because they are all so awesome.

I did too and it was on my first bite after i got the rod:lol ...... now for the bad news i just played 2 hours more without saving, being i have an high level persona from my first play through i go ahead and go to the 6th dungeon arrogantly with out saving, what do you know i get hit with last resort...i feel like shit right now.

Guled

Darkman M said:
I did too and it was on my first bite after i got the rod:lol ...... now for the bad news i just played 2 hours more without saving, being i have an high level persona from my first play through i go ahead and go to the 6th dungeon arrogantly with out saving, what do you know i get hit with last resort...i feel like shit right now.
last resort is worse then muno and hama combined, I hate it so much

NoitoraJirugajr

Neo Member
Darkman M said:
Good job!! I made sure to save it right away.

firex

Oh yeah, if you have Mediarahan that fight is a cinch. You won't even need to use anyone else's healing, so you'll have 3 casters. I should also add he takes either a bunch of turns (not sure how many) or about 40% of his HP before he
changes the atmosphere
so you can blast him pretty hard early on without worrying about anything beyond standard weaknesses. I'm sure he can use more than what he used on me, but I only saw him use a buffed up Bufu or Garu spell. Oh, and when he does that,
he's weak to the same element.

I attempted the 2nd dungeon story-boss for the first time last night with my MC equipped with Archangel, but my party wasn't doing much damage at all. Should I be using a differnet persona? Is this just a fight of attrition? I guess I should try the fight with full SP next time.

2DMention

Banned
I'm having a bitch of a time beat the mid boss in
The striptease stage

I might be under-leveled. My highest is lvl 31. Any certain characters to use?? No techniques besides Kill Rush seem to do anything to it.

NoitoraJirugajr

Neo Member
2DMention said:
I'm having a bitch of a time beat the mid boss in
The striptease stage

I might be under-leveled. My highest is lvl 31. Any certain characters to use?? No techniques besides Kill Rush seem to do anything to it.
Your level should be fine, just
use fire or physical attacks

Converted Persona fan here.

Why is it so hard to find this game?

I want to buy it and put it near my TV to help spur my first play through FES. (First SMT game ever)

I hear somewhere (podcast?) that after P4 we may not see another Persona game for a while. Is this true? I could play one of these a year for sure.

Tetsuo9

Bourbon Cowboy said:
Converted Persona fan here.

Why is it so hard to find this game?

I want to buy it and put it near my TV to help spur my first play through FES. (First SMT game ever)

I hear somewhere (podcast?) that after P4 we may not see another Persona game for a while. Is this true? I could play one of these a year for sure.
In the meantime you can play both versions of Persona 2.

Did I hear at some point a rumour that they were developing a Persona for PSP?.

I'm not sure if I should use Kanji or Chie... Chie's SP runs out fast and lacks really good phys skills, whereas Kanji starts off with at least second-level Elec spells and has GREAT phys attacks right off the bat.

GAH.

:(

Tetsuo9 said:
Did I hear at some point a rumour that they were developing a Persona for PSP?.
Aw, that would be ideal! The gameplay really lends itself to portable gaming.

And I will definitely check out Persona 2. It sounds interesting.

Tamanon

Banned
Guled said:
last resort is worse then muno and hama combined, I hate it so much

There's a boss that does Last Resort, freaked me out the first time when I saw those words pop up. Thought my entire party was doomed. Luckily it didn't seem to do too much, but it scared the fuck out of me.

zoku88

Oh god, I'm having such a hard time with the regular battles in dungeon 6. My party members are around 48 or so cept for
Naoto

Uhm, what are the enemies that cast maragion weak against? :3

ZephyrFate said:
I'm not sure if I should use Kanji or Chie... Chie's SP runs out fast and lacks really good phys skills, whereas Kanji starts off with at least second-level Elec spells and has GREAT phys attacks right off the bat.

GAH.

:(
Who do you like as a character better? I personally chose my man, Kanji, and never looked back.

Chie gets Power Charge in the 50s, while Kanji doesn't--but for what it's worth, Kanji was amazing for me. Primal Force FTW.

HooYaH

Just got the game and it's been fun so far. I'm in the process of getting my S/Links up. Just wondering for those playing, on April 24, are the S.Links bugged, because I can't level it up. Just says I'm getting closer to the character and cuts to evening.

Tamanon

Banned
zoku88 said:
Oh god, I'm having such a hard time with the regular battles in dungeon 6. My party members are around 48 or so cept for
Naoto

Uhm, what are the enemies that cast maragion weak against? :3

The Regal Mothers? Nothing, but they don't have much HP so one round of non-fire spells from everyone should take 'em out.

Hooyah: Not all S. Links always level up, sometimes you have to spend one or more days building up to the next level. When you see "Your relationship could get stronger soon" that means the next meeting it'll go up.

HooYaH said:
Just got the game and it's been fun so far. I'm in the process of getting my S/Links up. Just wondering for those playing, on April 24, are the S.Links bugged, because I can't level it up. Just says I'm getting closer to the character and cuts to evening.
It's not bugged. That status message tells you that next time you meet with them, you'll advance in rank. You'll know because you'll get a scene, rather than just "You spent the day with _________," etc.

zoku88

Tamanon said:
The Regal Mothers? Nothing, but they don't have much HP so one round of non-fire spells from everyone should take 'em out.
I guess I'll just have to catch them off guard to win :lol

They've taken me out twice, lol....

Guled

if they don't have the cash to do a next gen Persona then psp is the perfect place to go. Plus it will come out sooner since making a psp game takes less work then a next gen one

Top Bottom