• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

zoku88

Lol, didn't they announce SMT title for DS and a Persona titles for PSP before both of those came out :lol

I wouldn't hold my breathe.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Tamanon said:
Nich sounded rather down on the prospects right now on that Retronauts interview, at least with Persona 1. I imagine Persona 2 wouldn't be that rough of a port.
Who said anything about ports?

Guled

NoitoraJirugajr said:
I don't see why they need to go to psp when they can keep releasing awesome ps2 games or switch to wii if they don't want to go full on next gen yet.
if they were to make the next one for ps2, I'm sure it wouldn't come over here. Also, the wii controller wouldn't be the best for persona games

Tamanon

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Who said anything about ports?

Atlus probably won't do a new Persona game for several years, they like to bounce around the SMT franchise. I think you'll see a new Nocturne/DDS-like game beforehand.

grandjedi6

NoitoraJirugajr said:
I don't see why they need to go to psp when they can keep releasing awesome ps2 games or switch to wii if they don't want to go full on next gen yet.
The 5 stages of Atlus:

1.) Denial -- no, no. The PS2 isn't dying, it's still as popular as ever! Here, buy Persona!

2.) Anger -- WHY?! WHY MUST THE PS2 DIE JUST WHEN OUR GAMES WERE GETTING POPULAR AGAIN!?

3.) Bargaining -- okay, okay. We'll just make Persona 4 and then we will move on. okay, okay, okay! We'll just make another Devil Summoner, then we will move on. We promise!

4.) Depression -- oh god, what are we going to do? The PS2 is dying, next gen costs are huge and we don't even know what system to choose! WHY....

5.) Acceptance -- Okay we'll develop fo....

5.) Develop for the PS2 -- Anybody want Persona 5? PS2 exclusive!

2DMention

Banned
Just beat
Teddie's shadow
. Wow! That was one intense fight! I was lvl 31 and had to have MC and Yoskue heal. I was teetering on the brink of death a few times. The Soma Drop saved the day. I had to be resourceful and use some items quite a bit too. I consider myself an extremely experienced RPG gamer, and this is one of the toughest ones I've played. It actually forces you to use your items to emerge victorious.

I switched between MC using a persona with media and the tech. that nullifies stat down for the party.

I found the enemies in the upper floors to be almost unbeatable, too.

Kevtones

I wouldn't mind if they moved to Wii. Engine would be an easy port too (I find it surprising that Persona 4 wasn't ported as such).

Yaweee

Darkman M said:
I can't imagine Persona 5 not being on a next-gen console, i can see a port or some kind of spin off for the psp though.

I kind of expect a port/remake of P1 for PSP. SMT1+2 have been ported twice. Devil Summoner 1 has been ported. Why not Persona 1? The last two games have done well in the US, so the appeal of getting a real US version out of it would further sweeten the deal.

2DMention

Banned
Are next-gen systems really that much more expensive to develop for?

It would be tough to control on Wii w/o a classic controller or GC controller.

On the Persona retronaughts podcast, they said there won't be another Persona game for quite awhile.

grandjedi6

I just hope that if Atlus does go to the HD consoles, they don't make their games exclusive to one of the two. There is really no need for that these days :/

Guled said:
Maybe they should do what Disgaea did, go next gen but don't have such a big graphics boom

i'm not sure i liked what disgaea did by pretty much doing nothing to make graphics better. something more along the lines of what the tales series did with vesperia would be nice! SMT should really look at games like that or eternal sonata in terms of what they should do graphic's wise moving forward

Darkman M

grandjedi6 said:
I just hope that if Atlus does go to the HD consoles, they don't make their games exclusive to one of the two. There is really no need for that these days :/

Pretty much especially for a small company like them, only way i could see them doing exclusive is if Sony or MS offered to fund the games which would be nice to see atlus have money to work with. I really want to see what Atlus could do with some real money to play with!

ok, i have two S. Link questions

1)
can i interact with Rise (lovers arcana) on school days? so far i only talk to her on weekends

2)
how do i advance the Margaret (empress) social link? I have only talked to her once and am at level 1!

thanks in advance!!!

Tamanon

Banned
wangman31888 said:
ok, i have two S. Link questions

1)
can i interact with Rise (lovers arcana) on school days? so far i only talk to her on weekends

2)
how do i advance the Margaret (empress) social link? I have only talked to her once and am at level 1!

thanks in advance!!!

1) Yup, first floor left hallway.

2) You have to do the request she asks, making a persona with certain skills. If you talk to her again she should tell you what she's looking for.

Link1110

July

Alright, I am so not buying this "killer." I know the game goes a whole year, so this is like when ps1 games tried to bs a fake last dungeon at the end of disc 1.

2DMention said:

On the Persona retronaughts podcast, they said there won't be another Persona game for quite awhile.

I don't see why it would be so tough, exactly. All you need is a couple of face buttons and a joystick. The Wii-remote + nunchuck has those. I'm sure they could put GameCube controls in there.

HD consoles wouldn't make that much sense, given that they wouldn't be taking advantage of them in any way. Why not just stick with the highest install base?

Totakeke

Something still bothers me, ending questions (true ending spoilers)

Is it just me or was the Midnight channel was never really explained? Izanami said it provided a "window" for the desires of people, but it never explained how Adachi targeted the first two that appeared? After all, he only knew about it after Namatame called and told him about it. It seems the ending parts just went circles around this and never had a clear resolution on how the channel worked.

Guled

KuwabaraTheMan said:
I don't see why it would be so tough, exactly. All you need is a couple of face buttons and a joystick. The Wii-remote + nunchuck has those. I'm sure they could put GameCube controls in there.

HD consoles wouldn't make that much sense, given that they wouldn't be taking advantage of them in any way. Why not just stick with the highest install base?
I don't know about you guys, but I use both analogue buttons in the dungeons. it could work on the psp since is has the L and R buttons but it would be awkward playing a persona game with the wiimote

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Totakeke said:
Something still bothers me, ending questions (true ending spoilers)

Is it just me or was the Midnight channel was never really explained? Izanami said it provided a "window" for the desires of people, but it never explained how Adachi targeted the first two that appeared? After all, he only knew about it after Namatame called and told him about it. It seems the ending parts just went circles around this and never had a clear resolution on how the channel worked.

Adachi first threw the reporter in because he liked her, and was pissed that she was going out with Namatame instead of him. As for the midnight channel for the first two victims, I don't think it ever got beyond fuzzy, because their shadow-selves never manifested before they were killed. The channel represented what people wanted to see as well as input from the person trapped in the TV themselves, hence seeing Yukiko as a flirt, Rise 'baring' it all....not sure about Kanji, tho. :p

NichM

Banned
2DMention said:

To be precise, I said I thought there wouldn't. I don't have much insight into what Atlus Japan has planned, unfortunately.

Shanks

NichM said:
To be precise, I said I thought there wouldn't. I don't have much insight into what Atlus Japan has planned, unfortunately.

On one hand that saddens me of no Persona for awhile...

On the other it seems good so I don't get burnt out of them...

Link1110

Void Quest is the best dungeon ever! The only disappointment is the music. If the dungeon music was the Devil Buster theme from Megami Tensei 2 (a remix of Daedalus from Megami Tensei 1) with an 8 bit remix of the Persona 4 battle theme...)

Sushen

2DMention said:
Hi Def means that the consumers will see more details and you have to fill in more details in the same space. The same character model that was totally acceptable in low rez screen will be simply butt-ugly unacceptable in high rez. That all traslates into more time spent on modeling/texturing/animating. More detailed scenery means more things to fill in as well. So, a background that a couple of artists could finish in 2 week easily turn into 10 men team working for a month. And you see how the cost will skyrocket.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
NichM said:

so atlus japan have already planned something ? :eek:

Guled

Shanks said:
On one hand that saddens me of no Persona for awhile...

On the other it seems good so I don't get burnt out of them...
thats true, but I hope we do see at least one epic persona game for a HD system before this gen ends

Volcynika

Oh yeah.

Mid-Sept spoilers:

I love how you saw Chihiro, she referenced Misturo, and the 'drunk' scene was hilarious!

About to attempt the 5th dungeon soon.

Volcynika said:
Oh yeah.

Mid-Sept spoilers:

I love how you saw Chihiro, she referenced Misturo, and the 'drunk' scene was hilarious!

About to attempt the 5th dungeon soon.
I laughed so hard during the drunk scene. I rarely do that. Yukiko sat in the MC's lap. I wanted Rise. :(

crowphoenix said:
I laughed so hard during the drunk scene. I rarely do that. Yukiko sat in the MC's lap. I wanted Rise. :(
It's hilarious when Teddie chooses you for the smooch, reads you a haiku (At least I think it was), and kisses Kanji instead :lol

dragonlife29 said:
It's hilarious when Teddie chooses you for the smooch, reads you a haiku (At least I think it was), and kisses Kanji instead :lol
That was amazing. The flying tackle into it killed me.

DiddyBop

can i actually reject kanjii from joining my group? im waiting to make the decision. or is it one of those questions where your answer doesnt matter?

DiddyBop said:
can i actually reject kanjii from joining my group? im waiting to make the decision. or is it one of those questions where your answer doesnt matter?
Why would you reject one of the stronger allies?

DiddyBop

well how am i supposed to know how strong he is:lol is he gay? can i date him? can i date him and a girl at the same time?:lol if so im going to have a lot of fun with this game

Tamanon

Banned
Welp, got the Bad Ending. Pretty damn emotional stuff in December, the VAs did an amazing job. Time to start up Second Cycle!

NoitoraJirugajr

Neo Member
DiddyBop said:
well how am i supposed to know how strong he is:lol is he gay? can i date him? can i date him and a girl at the same time?:lol if so im going to have a lot of fun with this game
Haha i wish you could but at least his S-link is awesome. I kinda wish you could date
teddie as well because his bishi form is just so damn cute!!
I guess I'll have to make due with
Naoto

Tamanon said:
Welp, got the Bad Ending. Pretty damn emotional stuff in December, the VAs did an amazing job. Time to start up Second Cycle!
You're just going to take it!? I can help you out if you want so you can get the true ending, which isn't too hard to get.

EDIT: Damn, never mind :p

Tamanon

Banned
dragonlife29 said:
You're just going to take it!? I can help you out if you want so you can get the true ending, which isn't too hard to get.

Oh I've got the guide. I wanted to play through with maxed stats anyways so I figured Bad Ending, Second Cycle, True Ending.

So I just did the natural answers of what I thought near the end instead of the ones to get the Good/True ending.

Top Bottom