• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Crystalkoen

zoku88 said:
I think she actually wears shorts under her skirt. I think...

Yeah, she has black shorts on underneath them normally.

But hey, if an artist is going to do THEIR rendition, and their intent is fanservice, can't really say otherwise, y'know?

BlueTsunami said:
I've been sitting her for the past twenty minutes experimenting with Persona fusions... jesus.

oh just you wait.
in p3 i was at it for an hour + for a freaking lvl 40 persona that I can't even remember.

Tamanon

Banned
Oh man, if you get the Guardian in September, you can trade it in for an awesome armor. 195 defense, but it gives the wearer 50% more XP per battle. My Chie is now 5 levels above the main character.:lol

Narcosis

FINALLY!

I beat the game after saving at 12/2 and using that file to see all 4 endings. As with P3 that last boss in the real ending was a looooong affair, but very cool.

I am so glad that I can now play new game+ with all the damn personal stats maxed out since I missed finishing and/or starting a few S.Links because I needed a certain amount of one stat or another and didn't level up enough in time.
I guess now I get to spend rainy school days in the TV world fusing personas rather than trying to cram for knowledge stats for the next exam.

Bring on the Reaper!!!!!!!!

Kudos to Wark for the wallpaper links :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Crystalkoen said:
I cannot read Japanese, and I'm not exactly 100% certain what's going on in this picture... but if anything, that just makes it even more hilarious.

Some good Rise and Chie stuff in that batch, and I really like that one with Kanji at the end, too. Thanks a bunch for those, Wark.

It's a Death Note parody. Kuma is saying "I am K (Kuma)!" Substituting K for L... you'd have to read the manga to understand it.

Tamanon

Banned
Kagari said:
It's a Death Note parody. Kuma is saying "I am K (Kuma)!" Substituting K for L... you'd have to read the manga to understand it.

I thought that's what it was. It looks similar to the piece used for that Death Note "I am behind you!" "Too late, now I am behind you!" parody.:lol

Red Scarlet

It begins again.
p4002.png

Oh, the memories of cancelling out and reshuffling abilities for possibly hours in a row.
fes041.png

yeahhhhhhhhhhhh2.png

Tamanon

Banned
Red, you're going to be ecstatic when making personas that there's only Physical instead of the three types. Once you get just Repel Physical it's much easier to make awesome defensive personas.:D

Tamanon said:
Red, you're going to be ecstatic when making personas that there's only Physical instead of the three types. Once you get just Repel Physical it's much easier to make awesome defensive personas.:D

I know I'm happy they cut it back to one physical type of damage.

Tamanon said:
The persona I had for training before the final fight pretty much nulled everything they could do on that last floor. Training was hilarious.

firex

I actually didn't even mess too much with fusions, aside from getting resist phys and invigorate 2/3 (whichever was available) on whatever I could. or any other nulls, but even then I never made a null all persona like you probably could do if you spent enough time at it. especially with some of the hex fusions, since almost all of them are null/repel/drain several elements.

Tamanon

Banned
firex said:
I actually didn't even mess too much with fusions, aside from getting resist phys and invigorate 2/3 (whichever was available) on whatever I could. or any other nulls, but even then I never made a null all persona like you probably could do if you spent enough time at it. especially with some of the hex fusions, since almost all of them are null/repel/drain several elements.

Yeah the game actually did a good job of making the hex/pent/cross fusions actually unique in that a lot of them have multiple drains/nulls/repels.

Holy shit!
King Moron is dead!? What the fuck. I mean, he had it coming, but still. O_O The plot just got a whole lot more interesting.
July 10th Spoilers

Teddie has a human form!?
July 10th Spoilers
2e54lt2.gif

dfyb

Banned
Volcynika said:
Good job on spoiling a plot element!
a 'slender boy' with a feminine voice and an immediate interest in another guy. they practically spoiled it in the character's second scene.

also, i think i solved the commonality between the victims after i saved yukiko:
all of them have appeared on TV.
biker again validated my assumption, so i think i'm on the right track. but as far as a culpret goes, i'm still not certain, and i don't think i want my guess confirmed and spoiled for me.

AniHawk

Yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm gonna get stuck at some point like I did in Nocturne and never ever return to it.

That said, it's really addicting. I find myself saying, "okay, save and quit after I do this... Well, after I get my knowledge up. Or maybe after the midterms. Okay, when do I get my midterms back?"

Man.

Tenks

AniHawk said:
Yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm gonna get stuck at some point like I did in Nocturne and never ever return to it.

That said, it's really addicting. I find myself saying, "okay, save and quit after I do this... Well, after I get my knowledge up. Or maybe after the midterms. Okay, when do I get my midterms back?"

Man.

Yeah I had one of those nights this week. I normally goto bed for work around 11:00 or 11:30 but I was up till like 1:45 with those "just this one more..." things.

Volcynika

dfyb said:
a 'slender boy' with a feminine voice and an immediate interest in another guy. they practically spoiled it in the character's second scene.

:lol

I unknowingly figured it out when I was wondering why the VA sounded much more like a girl...

lemmming

I should not have read the artbook... horrible mistake :)

but that aside, just finished the game, did not manage to max out all commus... but not as hard as in persona 3. managed to max like 15 (give or take a few, cba to count right now).

overall battles were a bit more difficult, but towards the ending it got surprisingly easier. after p3 ( did not play fes though) I was expecting much much worse. or maybe I was just better prepared this time around, who knows.

zoku88

So, I've heard that the soul link items carry over in new game plus. Do they actually do anything or are they just for show?

Volcynika

zoku88 said:
So, I've heard that the soul link items carry over in new game plus. Do they actually do anything or are they just for show?

Not really. You can still make the Persona that corresponds to them, though.

Volcynika

Ok, since I said I'd post my thoughts on the game overall last year (see what I did there), I'll go ahead and post non-spoilerific things about it.

I wasn't really sure what to expect overall. I already was anticipating something at least on the level of Persona 3, which is an RPG I think I've put the most time into ever. When I got into it, everything was what I thought but better. The music was styled much more to my liking, the graphics seemed to look better (that was either to do with the style or just improvements from P3), the characters were incredibly easy to like and some of their antics I could see through some of my own friends, the story had me entertained and guessing about things, etc.

It's been a while since an RPG hooked me like that, and while sometimes I usually take months to finish just one RPG, this one hooked me from when I could start (damn finals) and I finished it after 70 hours and 38 minutes before even one month was over. The only real knock I guess (this is just me, others can probably say more that they were bothered by) was the unskippable cutscenes (yes I know about holding the Triangle button).

But the true basics:

-Best RPG of the year for me.
-Nanako is the kid character of the forever "It went ZOOM"
-Great thanks for Atlus Japan to developing this title and not just making some subpar rehash to run off the success of Persona 3.
-Great appreciation for Atlus USA for giving us a stellar localization through and through. You guys did a phenomenal job with this.

Now, all we have to know is who will keep the PS2 alive here in NA? NIS America or Atlus USA? :lol

Volcynika said:
-Nanako is the kid character of the forever "It went ZOOM"

as far as kid character, i'd say it's a tough call between nanako & haruka (from yakuza 1&2) - otherwise (i'm just starting november), i agree with you completely...

2DMention

Banned
Early Sept. Spoilerz:

Holy shit the class trip was awesome! To the Love hotel to the night out at the club not really drinking. That was hilarious! And Naoto is totally a chic, even though I haven't rescued him/her yet. The voice gives it a way. So does the early scenes with Kanji. That's awesome that the class trip takes place at the P3 school! And my g/f Chihiro was even there! That means it takes place around the same timeline!

I'm still having trouble finding finding the hanged man social link and Ai. Ai is supposed to be near the shoe lockers, but she's never there when she's supposed to be. Hanged Man is supposed to be near Classroom 1-1 or the liquor store, right?

Tamanon

Banned
2DMention said:
Early Sept. Spoilerz:

Holy shit the class trip was awesome! To the Love hotel to the night out at the club not really drinking. That was hilarious! And Naoto is totally a chic, even though I haven't rescued him/her yet. The voice gives it a way. So does the early scenes with Kanji.

I'm still having trouble finding finding the hanged man social link and Ai. Ai is supposed to be near the shoe lockers, but she's never there when she's supposed to be. Hanged Man is supposed to be near Classroom 1-1 or the liquor store, right?

Have you established those 2 links yet?

Hanged Man you have to spend time with after your understanding is rank 3 with Naoki. Then you'll find him in the northern shopping district. Ai is a bit tricky to spot if you just walk in the school. She's basically by the exit from the school, of course that's only after you meet her in the Strength link.

2DMention

Banned
Tamanon said:
Have you established those 2 links yet?

Hanged Man you have to spend time with after your understanding is rank 3 with Naoki. Then you'll find him in the northern shopping district. Ai is a bit tricky to spot if you just walk in the school. She's basically by the exit from the school, of course that's only after you meet her in the Strength link.

Havent established Hanged man yet. Ai I've established, but she's never there. I'll look again.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
So is this the sort of game that's good to go through without following a Guide then New Game+ via a guide since you've missed a boatload of stuff?

Tamanon

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
So is this the sort of game that's good to go through without following a Guide then New Game+ via a guide since you've missed a boatload of stuff?

That'd work, maybe want to look at a guide when you get near the ending fork so you don't accidentally get the bad ending(If you're not thinking meta, you'll get it). I mean there's so much to do and it's so free flowing, a guide is useful if you like them, but not needed at all.

2DMention

Banned
Stuck on opening up the 5th Dungeon.

This guide is fuckin' worthless!! It said to talk to a girl near the exit to the practice room, and then after that, talk to the cop in N. Shopping, then Chie at flood plain. I've taked to everybody on both practise floors, and nothing's happening!

Tamanon

Banned
2DMention said:
Stuck on opening up the 5th Dungeon.

This guide is fuckin' worthless!! It said to talk to a girl near the exit to the practice room, and then after that, talk to the cop in N. Shopping, then Chie at flood plain. I've taked to everybody on both practise floors, and nothing's happening!

Wat? Hit Square to go to the practice building. She's the very first girl you see right in front of you when you appear there.

2DMention

Banned
Tamanon said:
Wat? Hit Square to go to the practice building. She's the very first girl you see right in front of you when you appear there.

There's no girl there.. Only 2 girls gossiping, a girl at the other end of the hall near the fire alarm, and a guy near the science lab.. Maybe I'm past that part?

Top Bottom