• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Red Scarlet

Made a video for Pop to make the 4-elemental Sarasvati, since he says he's missing some of the early base ones and don't know what they look like. It's pretty easy, but you may have to fight around for some of the Personas to get enough abilities to pass on 4 slots to her. He's high enough in his S-Links that he doesn't have to, though.

go go go Pop.
http://redscarlet.paragonsigma.com/popsarasvati.avi

Red Scarlet said:
Made a video for Pop to make the 4-elemental Sarasvati, since he says he's missing some of the early base ones and don't know what they look like. It's pretty easy, but you may have to fight around for some of the Personas to get enough abilities to pass on 4 slots to her. He's high enough in his S-Links that he doesn't have to, though.

go go go Pop.
http://redscarlet.paragonsigma.com/popsarasvati.avi

Thanks. Gonna get around to following this a little later. All my Persona's so far have been shit. So yeah, good stuff.

Pop On Arrival said:
Thanks. Gonna get around to following this a little later. All my Persona's so far have been shit. So yeah, good stuff.
The key to creating useful Personas is a ton of experimentation and sheer diligence in attempts to get the skills you want to pass on.

Red Scarlet

He does not have the patience, he has told me. I have shuffled for 5+ hours getting some Persona in part 3. But hopefully he will get her quickly.

RocketDarkness said:
The key to creating useful Personas is a ton of experimentation and sheer diligence in attempts to get the skills you want to pass on.

yeah but I don't. I just want to kill shit and go on dates.

:(

Red Scarlet said:
He does not have the patience, he has told me. I have shuffled for 5+ hours getting some Persona in part 3. But hopefully he will get her quickly.
Took me like 20 minutes to get Null Light AND Spell Master onto an Alice I was creating, only to find out I'll have to do it again on the correct day in the next playthrough in order to get Angelic Grace onto her. And yeah, same here. I've made some weird personas...

About Sarasvati:

After I got Invigorate 2 on her, I've been trying to pass it down to at least 1 Persona every time I fuse. With Invigorate 2 I can cheese by going back to
Yukiko's Castle
level 1 and just stand there while enemies hit me for 1 damage while I regain all my SP. Unfortunately this doesn't get back my party's SP, but just regenerating my SP dramatically reduces the cost of healing from Fox, especially since I tend to burn through the MC's SP much more quickly than everyone else's.

AniHawk

Well at first I was a combo of Gdon, Jack Frost, and Rakshasa, but now I've made a fuckawesome BLACK FROST AND IT KICKS ASS. Fire+50% + Agidyne + Magic Boost + Rakunda (through a different persona) = 750 point hit on dungeon 4's optional boss. So awesome.

Blackjack

Unknown Soldier said:
About Sarasvati:

After I got Invigorate 2 on her, I've been trying to pass it down to at least 1 Persona every time I fuse. With Invigorate 2 I can cheese by going back to
Yukiko's Castle
level 1 and just stand there while enemies hit me for 1 damage while I regain all my SP. Unfortunately this doesn't get back my party's SP, but just regenerating my SP dramatically reduces the cost of healing from Fox, especially since I tend to burn through the MC's SP much more quickly than everyone else's.
If you're going to go into the first dunegon(s) to restore SP, it's really much smarter to just fight until you find a Judgment/Death card. :lol

firex

I had an easy enough time just rushing through previous dungeons (rushing as in literally turning on rush) and letting arcana chances restore my party, through the judgement/death cards. or way later in the game, I leveled up the new support character enough to have her "wave" skills patch everyone up. and by leveled her up, I basically mean I leveled up the main character, but still.

Duelist

Hmm, so I finished this game a while back, but I still have a craving for more. Thing is, I'm not really up for New Game+ since it doesn't carry over some of the stuff I was really hoping it would (really don't like the thought of grinding again). I've also finished P3:FES if that helps. Would finding a copy of P2: Innocent Sin be in my best interests, or is it really dated to the point of being frustrating?

Red Scarlet

Maybe Amazon will re-release the game again, so you won't pay an exorbitant price, if it still costs a lot. They re-released P2 a month ago or so for $40. I bought one, but haven't played through it yet.

firex

P1 and P2 are like totally different than P3 and P4. although that's kind of to be expected since there was a ton of time between the games. I mean, P2 is probably worth playing (I haven't played it but I always read good things about it) but it's not going to feel the same beyond people summoning personas.

Vorador

Banned
AniHawk said:
Well at first I was a combo of Gdon, Jack Frost, and Rakshasa, but now I've made a fuckawesome BLACK FROST AND IT KICKS ASS. Fire+50% + Agidyne + Magic Boost + Rakunda (through a different persona) = 750 point hit on dungeon 4's optional boss. So awesome.

Black Frost at lower levels is extremely useful, absorbing fire and ice, nulling darkness and doing so much fire damage.

Wilsongt

I'm still using Black Frost, but I am probably going to fuse out my current one and refuse another one so I can rank up Empress.

Tenks

Yeah Black Frost certainly has some legs. I stopped using him eventually but I think I was well into the 50's when I moved his Amp skill to a new persona ( which by the way took like 20 minutes of fusion >:| )

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Duelist said:
Hmm, so I finished this game a while back, but I still have a craving for more. Thing is, I'm not really up for New Game+ since it doesn't carry over some of the stuff I was really hoping it would (really don't like the thought of grinding again). I've also finished P3:FES if that helps. Would finding a copy of P2: Innocent Sin be in my best interests, or is it really dated to the point of being frustrating?

Wait, New Game+ doesn't carry over your levels?

Fuuuuck, there goes my enthusiasm for replaying the game when I'm done.

Blackjack

Witchfinder General said:
Wait, New Game+ doesn't carry over your levels?

Fuuuuck, there goes my enthusiasm for replaying the game when I'm done.
It does carry your Compendium though, and you can just buy whatever you want regardless of your levels so it's not like you have to grind (not that you ever really have to grind, even on a first playthrough)

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
As much as I like this game I can't imagine playing it again. This game is LONG. The only games that I can replay are something short. I think the only RPG I've ever replayed is Final Fantasy VI and V.

bryehn

Adam Prime said:
As much as I like this game I can't imagine playing it again. This game is LONG. The only games that I can replay are something short. I think the only RPG I've ever replayed is Final Fantasy VI and V.

Totally OT, but I had a Darker than Black avatar when I first started here too...

I just beat Contraian King after my xmas holiday and have a few days to spare till the next dungeon opens. 14 hours already :p

Couple things: Where do I buy goho-ms? I don't have the shopping channel yet. Also, When will I be able to hold more than 5 persona, I'm at level 18.

GriffD17

I welcomed my first SMT game by the way of this game. I'm enjoying it so far. I'm level 14 and can't defeat
Yukiko's Shadow
. I hear there's another one directly after it, I have no clue how I'll be able to do that one.

Also, reading this thread constantly makes me think "You're doing it wrong".

AniHawk

GriffD17 said:
I welcomed my first SMT game by the way of this game. I'm enjoying it so far. I'm level 14 and can't defeat
Yukiko's Shadow
. I hear there's another one directly after it, I have no clue how I'll be able to do that one.

It's optional, and you have to crawl through the entire dungeon again to get there... but you get a pretty great weapon for the hassle and it raises your courage too.

Blackjack

bryehn said:
Couple things: Where do I buy goho-ms? I don't have the shopping channel yet. Also, When will I be able to hold more than 5 persona, I'm at level 18.
At Shinroku in the shopping district. And you get more Persona slots at 20, 25, and 30.

GriffD17 said:
Yukiko's Shadow

Also, reading this thread constantly makes me think "You're doing it wrong".
Get something that can resist fire and physical attacks. Having Media is nice but not entirely necessary. I used an Eligor with the three above skills and just had Chie guard after taking out the small shadow so as to not be killed by fire, and the fight was basically unlosable.

AniHawk

Oh and I just wanted to express my undying
hatred for Rise. Holy shit. Most annoying character in the game. The character portrait and the voice is grating on my nerves.

I liked Rise too. A lot of her quirks were weird and oddly endearing. Of course, Fuuka didn't bother me much either, so maybe there's something wrong with my ears.

Blackjack

crowphoenix said:
I liked Rise too. A lot of her quirks were weird and oddly endearing. Of course, Fuuka didn't bother me much either, so maybe there's something wrong with my ears.
Nah, Rise's voice acting in battles is excellent.

Volcynika

I'm not bothered by them, but the repetition of the same phrases over and over again (like taking one enemy at a time with their weakness), was the only blah part.

Blackjack

Volcynika said:
I'm not bothered by them, but the repetition of the same phrases over and over again (like taking one enemy at a time with their weakness), was the only blah part.
Totally. Having a professional counter is always going to be annoying, but at least Rise was cute about it. :lol

crowphoenix said:
Her squeal when Chie dodges is a tad annoying though. and she's such a bitch to Kanji when he gets KO'ed lol

Volcynika

Blackjack said:
Totally. Having a professional counter is always going to be annoying, but at least Rise was cute about it. :lol

(not verbatim)

"Good job, Senpai!"
"Good job, Senpai!"
"Good job, Senpai!"
"Good job, Senpai!"
"Good job, Senpai!"

SHUT THE HELL UP! :lol

I was ready to kill Fuuka after hearing "THE ENEMY HAS RETURNED TO NORMAL" 5302940i3 times with the same pouty delivery. Rise's at least pretty cute, but I just got her so who knows how I'll feel after a couple arduous battles.

Can't you just get Goho M's at the Shiroku store (southern shopping district)?

Contrarian King's an asshole btw. Somehow I had him debuffed (Tarunda/Rakunda) and my own characters buffed with Rakukaja, MC was using a Persona with high defense/physical resistance, and he still killed everyone with Rampage (got a crit on MC).
Do enemies gain a higher crit rate on Expert? I can't tell.

I was going to record my fight vs him and put it on youtube, but I accidentally deleted my save for the fight

GriffD17

Man oh man, I'm getting SMT'd like you wouldn't believe.

I'm still on
Yukiko's castle
and have leveled up to 16, made sure I had Orobos for strong fire resistance, but am still getting SMT'd big time. Usually have the boss down to the last sliver and I'm done the next turn.

I realize this is my first SMT game but wowzers.

zoku88

You know how annoying it is when an enemy cast defibilate on someone though?

Chie, your defense is down.

Chie, your agility is down

Chie, your attack is down.

On three different turns >.>

Yea, I kinda noticed...

Vorador

Banned
Just beat (late december)
Ameno-sagiri, i'm on my way to the true ending. Also i ditched Yukiko and dated Naoto on the 24th. I got her to dress as a schoolgirl in the Christmas Eve event, she can be really cute when she wants lol

PD: Ok, game finished with Normal Ending. I will let it rest and try for the True Ending another day.

KuwabaraTheMan said:
Man, I seem to be popular. I just had Kanji, Kou and Ai all approach me during lunch to hang out with them after school.:lol
Sounds like you just finished a midterm, hahah. I've gotten those S. Link rushes at lunch before.

RocketDarkness said:
Sounds like you just finished a midterm, hahah. I've gotten those S. Link rushes at lunch before.

No, that's the strange thing. It was just a normal day, without anything special.

Just scored my first intimate relationship, too, with Ai.
I really feel for her. She's a much more likable character than I initially expected.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Volcynika said:
(not verbatim)

"Good job, Senpai!"
"Good job, Senpai!"
"Good job, Senpai!"
"Good job, Senpai!"
"Good job, Senpai!"

SHUT THE HELL UP! :lol

:lol yeah I've had to go through and turn off character voices when playing this game in the living room. My siblings would walk by and be like WTF that's annoying!

Blackjack

KuwabaraTheMan said:
No, that's the strange thing. It was just a normal day, without anything special.

Just scored my first intimate relationship, too, with Ai.
I really feel for her. She's a much more likable character than I initially expected.
Ai is basically my favorite non playable character in Persona 4. She beats out a few of the playable ones, too, in fact.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
GriffD17 said:
Man oh man, I'm getting SMT'd like you wouldn't believe.

I'm still on
Yukiko's castle
and have leveled up to 16, made sure I had Orobos for strong fire resistance, but am still getting SMT'd big time. Usually have the boss down to the last sliver and I'm done the next turn.

I realize this is my first SMT game but wowzers.

Hmm...IIRC, I was around 18, if you have time, go through the floor or two below the boss.

Having an extra level or two helps a lot, especially early game.

I want the next support character for P5 to be male.

I also want the overall theme and color to be red or green since we've already had blue and yellow. It's totally a throwback to the old contact system and I hope they keep it up.

Well, if they're using primary colors, red is up next. :p

I want the next support character for P5 to be male.

I also want the overall theme and color to be red or green since we've already had blue and yellow. It's totally a throwback to the old contact system and I hope they keep it up.

Top Bottom